Caliper Painting

Over the long weekend I thought I'd better do something with the caliper stickers, so here is the process..

start and then click on the next photos.

I used the wire brush to clean them, then ground off the flashing left from the mold they made the caliper in.

The paint is engine enamel, and the damm silicon oil they spray on the tyres was still in the steel so it 'fish-eyed' on the first coat. The answer is to rub the paint in with your finger when it is half-dry, and smear over the little areas where it pulls back from the silicon.

I left it overnight once painted, put on the stickers then sprayed a few clear coats over it.

Looks great, now I'll have to do the rears when Matt gets back!!

:lol:

keith

Besides, if people have put front-size calipers on the back... I wanna know about it :-]

Keith - shouldn't yours be green? :P

I'm ggoing for the two tone contrast. Yellow paint, red calipers (and horns possibly)!

Keith,

I won't be back until the 4th of July...school starts on the 19th so i got 2 weeks to settle before school starts, it has been a super long holiday! for the first bunch of caliper decals I made last year they had rear Toyota logos on them but I reckon it dosent look nice at all...the Rear L does stand out but not the Toyota T...I will see what we can work out when I get some free time!

Matt =)

• 1 month later...