Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

i'm getting a tanabe exhaust from www.raceinspired.com

heard a lot of good things about it. from what i've read it's also the only one with no drone!

they also say it's a little quiet but i'm not looking for anything too much anyway.

250 shipped! also the tips look very nice!

http://raceinspired.com/ps-6914-237-tanabe...wd-2006-up.aspx

could also have a look at PTS. it's a true dual exhaust but a little pricey. plus add 600 for shipping!

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2920

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2921

Thought about getting the f-sport exhaust from the US? Looks nice - probably pretty expensive though.

I would love to get the f-sport lower springs, exhaust, air intake, and crossbars etc. I think the engine case is a bit of a rip off though. The perforated disc brakes look nice too. Wonder if anyone stocks these in australia yet as it would cost a mint to freight them here.

you can get all of the fsport gear from lexus of chatswood. speak to sid in parts. he can bring them in.

the fsport exhaust is pretty much a HKS exhaust but double the price and carries the fsport branding instead of HKS. not worth the extra imo.

i'll be getting the lowering springs in the next fortnight so will post how that goes.

Hey Cevu,

Did you get the springs yet??? I seriously gotta do something about a drop!!! I was dead keen on the Coil overs, but have decided not to go ballistic with this car!! The Fsports will do just fine!!

I will post some pics of my ride soon!!! ;)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heard a lot of good things about it. from what i've read it's also the only one with no drone!

they also say it's a little quiet but i'm not looking for anything too much anyway.

could also have a look at PTS. it's a true dual exhaust but a little pricey. plus add 600 for shipping!

Thought about getting the f-sport exhaust from the US? Looks nice - probably pretty expensive though.

I would love to get the f-sport lower springs, exhaust, air intake, and crossbars etc. I think the engine case is a bit of a rip off though. The perforated disc brakes look nice too. Wonder if anyone stocks these in australia yet as it would cost a mint to freight them here.

you can get all of the fsport gear from lexus of chatswood. speak to sid in parts. he can bring them in.

the fsport exhaust is pretty much a HKS exhaust but double the price and carries the fsport branding instead of HKS. not worth the extra imo.

i'll be getting the lowering springs in the next fortnight so will post how that goes.

Hey Cevu,

Did you get the springs yet??? I seriously gotta do something about a drop!!! I was dead keen on the Coil overs, but have decided not to go ballistic with this car!! The Fsports will do just fine!!

springs have been ordered but have yet to arrive.

also waiting for next batch of Mazzuri headers which i was told in mid sep which is now but haven't heard from them.

i've got the wheels already but haven't bothred putting them on.

birthdays coming up in nov so was going to grab the body kit and exhaust and just pop it all on ine one go!

Hey Cevu,

also waiting for next batch of Mazzuri headers which i was told in mid sep which is now but haven't heard from them.

birthdays coming up in nov so was going to grab the body kit and exhaust and just pop it all on ine one go!

Tell me more about the springs!! How long ago did you order em? How much? Who is fitting em??

ProjectIS ;)

Hey Cevu,

Tell me more about the springs!! How long ago did you order em? How much? Who is fitting em??

ProjectIS ;)

springs were from carson toyota in the states. cost was about 450 shipped here.

they have yet to arrive so not much else i can tell you about them.

iv'e been quoted 200.00 from a local tyre place and 400.00 from lexus chatswood. probably go with lexus chatswood as 200.00 is not really that much extra, plus better off getting it installed by lexus themselves, plus they have told me they will warrant the part for 12 months like any other part purchased in australia.

when i've got them i'll let you know more.

Hey Cevu,

ProjectIS ;)

iv'e been quoted 200.00 from a local tyre place and 400.00 from lexus chatswood. probably go with lexus chatswood as 200.00 is not really that much extra, plus better off getting it installed by lexus themselves, plus they have told me they will warrant the part for 12 months like any other part purchased in australia.

Hi mate,

Are you getting straight from Carsons, or did go go through Chatswood Lexus who are buying from Carsons?? Don't know how you got that cheap!! Freight alone is about $300 from what I can see! :huh:

Let us know as I definately gotta get them soon!

Anyone interested in a group buy???

i know that car...

it's actually silver..

and K and N pod filter...

F sport wheels as well

he used to have a fully decked out IS200

can someone please offer their opinion on the following.

rear wheel. 18x8! am i better off with a +45 offset or +35 offset. looking for wheel to be flush with guards.

got a set of +45's already but haven't put tyres on them yet. they also come in a +35. i know +45 is good for the front but not sure about the back as my current 18x7.5 actually indent quite a bit! granted these are 1/2 inch bigger but don't think that makes that much of a difference.

thoughts ppl? +35 or +45?

I assume that you have played with the following tools / guides, but I thought I would put the links up as reference for those that haven't. Also I have added this simple explanation that I found posted elsewhere. I thought it was put quite well.

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centreline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types;

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centreline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centreline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this would not work correctly.

Offset Calc

Tyre size Calc

Pretty offset Calc

Are your new wheels Full faced or dished cevu??

thanks for your advice.

i'll have a look at it.

it's just the pdw novas that i posted previously. full faced.

post-2533-1220265300_thumb.jpg

knew i could count on you projectis to come through!

the last calculator worked it out perfectly.

thanks heaps.

pm your details and i'll make a back up when i get some time on the weekend.

cheers,

No worries,

I didn't know if you ended up getting the Nova's or if you got something else. You went quiet thats all!!

Knowing the fitments for the lexus, what did you work out, was 45 too much with the extra width??

picked them up week or so ago but have been busy with my work van having problems so been focused on trying to get that sorted out!

the thing is the factory 18's i had on were:

18x8 +45 Front

18x8.5 +50 Rear

My new ones are 18x8 +45 all round. Fronts are perfect match but rears i wasn't too sure. Factory offset was slightly indented compared to the novas but the wheels were half inch wider. anyhow, to cut a long story short the calculator you provided worked it out that the novas would be indented in by 1mm compared to factory, so pretty much same same!

Mine,

19" HR Racing, front 19/235/35 Rear 19/255/35

Eibach Pro Kit

F-Sport Air intake

MTec HID Kit

Next Project:

Get rid of this car and get the IS-F lol

post-2486-1222079891_thumb.jpg

post-2486-1222081574_thumb.jpg

Hey Cevu,

ProjectIS ;)

Hi mate,

Are you getting straight from Carsons, or did go go through Chatswood Lexus who are buying from Carsons?? Don't know how you got that cheap!! Freight alone is about $300 from what I can see! :huh:

Let us know as I definately gotta get them soon!

Anyone interested in a group buy???

got them straight from carsons.

image058ModifiedinGIMPImageEditor.jpg

Hey guys,

Here is a quick pic!! As you all can see, definately needs to be "DROPPED"!!! (Something chronic)!!!

Before y'all say anything, no, they are not the wheels I was looking at nor were they even wheels that I was thinking about!!

They were a spur of the moment purchase and the reason I got em was that the rubber on them are Goodyear Eagle F1's. (cool tread pattern)! They were pre loved but practically new!! I got them all up cheaper then I could probably by the rubber alone.

I couldn't bare leaving them in the shop for that price!

I don't think they look that bad, the deep dish is a different look, but I will keep em on till I finally source the wheels I originally decided on!!

Anyway, they are 235, 18's. Unfortunately they weren't staggered, but I think that the rears fill the guards pretty good!!

Again, Im going to do the drop shortly and hopefully that will give it a more complete look!!! Will post as soon as I do!!

Hey guys,

Here is a quick pic!! As you all can see, definately needs to be "DROPPED"!!! (Something chronic)!!!

Before y'all say anything, no, they are not the wheels I was looking at nor were they even wheels that I was thinking about!!

They were a spur of the moment purchase and the reason I got em was that the rubber on them are Goodyear Eagle F1's. (cool tread pattern)! They were pre loved but practically new!! I got them all up cheaper then I could probably by the rubber alone.

I don't think they look that bad, the deep dish is a different look, but I will keep em on till I finally source the wheels I originally decided on!!

Anyway, they are 235, 18's. Unfortunately they weren't staggered, but I think that the rears fill the guards pretty good!!

Again, Im going to do the drop shortly and hopefully that will give it a more complete look!!! Will post as soon as I do!!

what did you have on them originally, 16's??

Hey guys,

what did you have on them originally, 16's??

HAHAHAH Hi ProjectIS, thats my ex wheels :) you got it from SpinCity Tyres right? :)

here's the photo.... yeah the tyres is good, the wheels is Gmax but designed by .... 'something' racing :) The reason I trade it in is because the wheels is so heavy....(very heavy) :) How much you get for?

post-2486-1222161072_thumb.jpg

post-2486-1222161188_thumb.jpg

HAHAHAH Hi ProjectIS, thats my ex wheels :) you got it from SpinCity Tyres right? :)

here's the photo.... yeah the tyres is good, the wheels is Gmax but designed by .... 'something' racing :) The reason I trade it in is because the wheels is so heavy....(very heavy) :) How much you get for?

235 in the back are too small i recon

i got 235's but they are too small

i want either 265 or 255 atleast

Yeh, thats what I was thinking. The off-set ain't quite right as well!! Look, like I said, they were only a temporary thing untill I sourced the WORK wheels locally. I couldn't go passed QQQ's good choice in rubber!! You got 19's on your car, yeh?? How are you all finding the ride??

i agree with you!

only problem is most aftermarket rims only come in certain sizes and the size of the rim dictates your max tyre size. the rims i've got are 18x8 and although i've been told you can go to a max of 265 i wouldn't bother. had 255s on them but took them off as they bolged out as they were too wide and too stretched over the rim. looked pretty ugly. might try 245s on them and see how that goes!

I would rather the tyres covering more rims than they other way around. in the US they have VIP styles that are like the rims sticking out so much that it looks like putting 195 series on 10 inch rims.

I would rather the tyres covering more rims than they other way around. in the US they have VIP styles that are like the rims sticking out so much that it looks like putting 195 series on 10 inch rims.

it's not that dramatic for me. just that i prefer a flush look.

Yeh, thats what I was thinking. The off-set ain't quite right as well!! Look, like I said, they were only a temporary thing untill I sourced the WORK wheels locally. I couldn't go passed QQQ's good choice in rubber!! You got 19's on your car, yeh?? How are you all finding the ride??

19" inch is good to me.. 235/19/35 8.5 front 255/19/35 9.5 rear, and 1.4 inch lowered. need a bit a work in a front fender, I used heat gun to re shaped the inside fender ...and all good now.. the ride is awesome :)

19" inch is good to me.. 235/19/35 8.5 front 255/19/35 9.5 rear, and 1.4 inch lowered. need a bit a work in a front fender, I used heat gun to re shaped the inside fender ...and all good now.. the ride is awesome :)

Mate, said it already, but I will say it again, ya car looks awesome!! Props to ya!!

Is there really a need to lower your car on 19s especially a Prestige model?

What about 18s?

Hi ldc,

I've currently got 18s on mine, and yes, I do feel that it needs to be lowered. Especially if your wheels don't have an "oem" type look, it needs the drop to make it look complete. The larger you go, the more that the car looks like a boat with out the drop!! I would have to say, my guard is about 2" approx above the rubber. Too high in my opinion.

Thanks ProjectIS, I'm afraid of the rubbing when going 19s if i lower it. I wonder how much of a different between 18s and 19s if i have to lower it say 1". Will 18s still rub?

Is there really a need to lower your car on 19s especially a Prestige model?

What about 18s?

Hi ldc,

I've currently got 18s on mine, and yes, I do feel that it needs to be lowered. Especially if your wheels don't have an "oem" type look, it needs the drop to make it look complete. The larger you go, the more that the car looks like a boat with out the drop!! I would have to say, my guard is about 2" approx above the rubber. Too high in my opinion.

I agree with what he said :D

Thanks ProjectIS, I'm afraid of the rubbing when going 19s if i lower it. I wonder how much of a different between 18s and 19s if i have to lower it say 1". Will 18s still rub?

If your rims are too wide, u can get the guards rolled, which doesn't cost too much.

If your rims rub on the plastic in the wheel arches then just use a heatgun on the area its rubbing and mould it. :)

I don't think you have a worry at all if you are only going to do a 1" drop. If you are concerned, get the F-sports because they will eventually drop to an inch. They are pretty conservative from what i have read. But like I said, I could comfortably drop an inch and a half with no issues. u will find that your ride diameter will probably only change about 15mm from your 16s. That obviously only taking about 7mm from your clearance. If you go 19s, maybe a little bit more. You will still find that you are sitting too high in my opinion. As for the width, 235s at the front would be safe without rolling, but I guess the boys like QQQ and Niick would be the best to answer that as they have the 19's on theirs. If you stay to the safe / factory offset, you should be safe. (as Niick mentioned, easily fixed on the front)! If you stay conservative at the rears with both your width and off-set, you should not have to roll the guards. I would prefer not to roll the guards!! ;)