Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

Yeah I agree, it will looks like a boat hehe

Mine no rolling to, so that's why I just put 255 at the back

For the front, as I mentioned before, I just use a heat gun..its a 5 minutes job...easy :) and no more rubbing.

so 19" is good :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ldc,

I think basically from what I can gather, you are a bit hesitant to drop!!

Why don't you source the wheels first, (which yes, is the golden rule before dropping), and see what you think! OR... wait to see what we think!! You know that we will all give our opinions on how ya ride looks!! Go from there!!

IMO, you will need a drop regardless if you go with the 18s or 19s!! Obviously, the more you move away from a standard look, the more you will need to do the drop!! As for rubbing, I got none with the 18s, and I doubt that I will even after the drop thanks to QQQ conservative initial purchase!! Not to say that I won't with my next purchase though!! ;)

235/30/19 on front and 275/35/19 on the rears... They are wide! ahaha ill get some pics as soon as its washed!

Hey Niick,

Have you washed ya car yet?? We want to see the pics?? I would like to see how the 275s look from a road shot up!!

Hi ldc,

Why don't you source the wheels first, (which yes, is the golden rule before dropping), and see what you think! OR... wait to see what we think!! You know that we will all give our opinions on how ya ride looks!! Go from there!!

IMO, you will need a drop regardless if you go with the 18s or 19s!! Obviously, the more you move away from a standard look, the more you will need to do the drop!! As for rubbing, I got none with the 18s, and I doubt that I will even after the drop thanks to QQQ conservative initial purchase!! Not to say that I won't with my next purchase though!! ;)

Yeh you're spot on, just that the car gets driven by other family members.

I think it's logical to get wheels first before too.

Hi ldc,

Yeh you're spot on, just that the car gets driven by other family members.

I think it's logical to get wheels first before too.

You definitely need to purchase your wheels first, and then do the drop. I drove my car for with 19" about 2 weeks before lowering them.

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section or not.. first time user...

i was wondering if anyone could help me.. i have a is250 sports and im looking to get 20s put on with 235 rubber all around has anyone had a bad impact to comfort with larger wheels and lowering?

also what would be the best springs to use for this ?

thankz..

Just got work contract extended for 2 weeks. Any guesses as to what's on my mind?
<br />More cash to spend on the 'IS! Coilovers perhaps ?!?!

lol, everytime i say i want to spend money on my car, other things gets in the way. Just happy to get 18s and maby king springs.

Alexus, 20s...one word ...SCRAPE!

Hi

i was wondering if anyone could help me.. i have a is250 sports and im looking to get 20s put on with 235 rubber all around has anyone had a bad impact to comfort with larger wheels and lowering?

thankz..

Hey alexus,

My suggestion is decide want you want. There are 3 options open to U........

1. Conservative (near factory feel)

2. Less conservative (looking awesome but less of a comfortable ride)

3. Balistic (Look awesome , but feel everything)

Here is a pic of a ride that I really like but with 20's. Personally, I will be going for the same look but will stick to 19's. I don't want to comprimise my ride that much and trust me, with 20's, you will.

car1.jpg">

IMO, stick to 19's.

As for the drop, and im sure the boys will agree, you need to go with the coilovers. You definately need the freedom to adjust if you decide to go with 20's. You not leaving much clearance. Also 235' too narrow @ the back. (U can get ya off-set to fill the guards, but still, go wider)

Anyway, hope I made sense and Im sure the rest of the guys will give you their feedback aswell!!! ;)

thanks project for your opinion i initially thought 19s but the tyre place recommened 20s as they said in the past 19s with deep dish dont look big enough i also wanted a staggered setup but was told the rear cannot handle wider then 235 perhaps i am not getting the right info from them i also am concerned with camber due to previous cars rear tyres lasting only 5000km at best

i really dont want to compromise ride or go for coilovers as i had them on my accord euro and it was really uncomfortable and stiff. i am aiming for a relatively conservative look something classy if that makes sense?

is anyone from melbourne that could recommend a good shop to try for help?

Any help is much appreciated as i have only had my car for 2 months and their isnt alot of local info on modified lexus'

Also dont suppose you know the name/brand of that wheel?

thanks! =D

235/30/19 on front and 275/35/19 on the rears... They are wide! ahaha ill get some pics as soon as its washed!

Hey Niick,

Have you washed ya car yet?? We want to see the pics?? I would like to see how the 275s look from a road shot up!!

Melbourne's weather has been shiiiiit lately lol. Seeing as the weekends coming i think i will do it very soon. Ill make sure to take low rear shot :)

Hi

thankz..

What profile tyres are you thinking of? Ive got 19's with 30 and 35 profile tyres. The only difference i have noticed is when going over sharp bumps or potholes (which i try to aviod), its a little harsher but nothing major. Despite what other people say, lowering will not make a huge difference to ride quality if you get a decent set of springs and don't slam it way too much on the 20's, if your thinking of coilovers, thats a different matter.

In the last two weeks my mate with a VE commodore got super low king springs compressed and my other friend with a 300E Mercedes got his standard springs compressed (hes on 20's with 30 profile tyres). The VE has standard rubber and the difference is not significant enough worry about, it corners better but! As for the merc, the difference is very minimal as well.

If your worried about road noise, then get a decent set of shoes. Ive got Nankang Ultra Sport III and although they aren't the most expensive tyres they perform surprisingly well.

They are only two examples though and may not apply in all cases. Your best bet would be to have a chat to a suspension or wheel and tyre joint and they will tell you whatever you need to know.

I'm very happy with 19's and used Eibach Prokit..... drive so good :) (I dont think I'm going to change to Coilover as this Eibach is very good) 20"? BETTER NOT!! people will see you are driving in a cool Lexus BUT you will feel like inside an Old Daihatsu Carry LOL.

GO with 19" looks big or NOT is depend on what type of wheels you choose. thats my IMHO!

have a great longweekend guys...I'm off and take my baby to south coast...brrrmmmm brmmmmm

I'm very happy with 19's and used Eibach Prokit..... drive so good :) (I dont think I'm going to change to Coilover as this Eibach is very good) 20"? BETTER NOT!! people will see you are driving in a cool Lexus BUT you will feel like inside an Old Daihatsu Carry LOL.

GO with 19" looks big or NOT is depend on what type of wheels you choose. thats my IMHO!

have a great longweekend guys...I'm off and take my baby to south coast...brrrmmmm brmmmmm

finally got my new wheels on!

post-2533-1223162354_thumb.jpg

post-2533-1223162362_thumb.jpg

Did you drop it more in the front than the rear? It dips too much for my liking.

I'm hoping to lower it 1.4" rear and 1" front when i do my setup.

Did you drop it more in the front than the rear? It dips too much for my liking.

I'm hoping to lower it 1.4" rear and 1" front when i do my setup.

it hasn't been lowered at all. it's just on a slope with the front of the car dipping forward!

My bad. Not much room to lower if that's stock height.

I have used 19' with king springs. I have also lowered the car as well.

Hi stetch03, im interested in know how your ride goes.

What was the kings height, and where did u do your lowering?

Thanks ProjectIS, I'm afraid of the rubbing when going 19s if i lower it. I wonder how much of a different between 18s and 19s if i have to lower it say 1". Will 18s still rub?

Hey ldc,

As you can see, with 18s, a drop is a must. Ample clearance, too much!! Did I say that it needs a drop!!

(So no need to worry about anything........besides the drop)!!!

Image009.jpg