Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

i filled up shortly after and took a photo, didnt get a chance to upload it till now................ cough

76535663ay9.th.jpgthpix.gif

hahahahaha

Mate, I`ve seriously got tears in my eyes from laughing so god damn much!!! That is brilliant!! :D

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahhaha the wonders of photoshop!

Gotta love Photoshop!!

Anyway, stop photoshop'n and make the drop reality brother!!!

You any closer to making a decision with the springs?? Are you going to go with side skirts aswell or are U hoping to achieve the look entirely through the drop?

haha no cheating, just the drop! As i mentioned in the other thread im looking at getting custom made king springs so i can achieve the drop i want. Only thing im worried about is the standard shocks stuffing up prematurely which is why i really should get coilovers.

Im too looking for custom Kings drop. I want 1.5 rear and 1 front. I don't think it does too much harm to the shocks if you only lower it 1". that said it depends on your driving and where u drive your car.

My bad. Not much room to lower if that's stock height.

Theres plenty of room to lower!

I know a few people with 19's and 20's on smaller cars and you cant see the top of the tire.

They still get away without rubbing all over the place.

I also have a few mates that got superlow king springs for a few cars.

Late model commodores, 328i beema and xr6t to name a few.. and they weren't impressed by the difference.

As ultra low's or super super's aren't available ready to go for the is250's custom springs are the only option when going beyond 1.5"

With that said, you can still get customs with only a 1" drop but a softer spring if you wanted.

i filled up shortly after and took a photo, didnt get a chance to upload it till now................ cough

hahahahaha

Hahahahaha! I laughed out loud at work...which isn't a good thing!

Nice "Chop" (Photochop that is!)

hahahahaha

Hahahahaha! I laughed out loud at work...which isn't a good thing!

Nice "Chop" (Photochop that is!)

Hey Niick,

Is this the type of drop U after?? And this ain't a Photochop!!

(Could be a full tank though!!!) What ya reckon lol??

VIPModularWheels037.jpg

OMG! Im in love.

That has to be bagged.

No way you can drive it around at that height!

Im after a drop of 2 - 3 inches.

No more than that because im not the only driver of the car and i don't wanna see missing bumpers.

The other family members have already guttered the rims that I bought!

OMG! Im in love.

That has to be bagged.

No way you can drive it around at that height!

Im after a drop of 2 - 3 inches.

No more than that because im not the only driver of the car and i don't wanna see missing bumpers.

The other family members have already guttered the rims that I bought!

Yeh, I know!! Thats what I thought!!!

I don't know what Victorian roads are like, but Im sure all the Sydney boys would agree that our roads are crap and you would lose the front bumper with in 5 minutes of taking it out of ya drive!!

You don't really see the "VIP" style much in Aus!! Yeah you get the "dodgie" ones going around, but not really any with class!! Love to see an IS done!! Any volunteers??? Ilv???

• 1 month later...
my car standard 16inch look s*** hahahahhaha thinking change wheels early next year i am short on $$$ now. thinking to get Works Varianza T1S 20 inch.

Hi Hanex,

Great choice!!!

They are "MY" wheels......or should I say the wheels that will be on my ride soon!!

You looking @ about $900 each rim......If you find a better price then that, pls let me know. Sorry, that price is for 19's. IMO, I would stay with 19'!!

Is that from the Work distributor in New Zealand?? He quoted me $4k landed. But that was for 19's. Since then, I had a quote from one of our fellow members for $3600.

What type of finish were you getting??

As far as I knew, they only came in the 2 finish's!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, for all you Work Variaza fans like me, this is what I am shooting for with my ride!!! (Minus the tow hook that is)!!

hdr4.jpg

hdr3.jpg

Props to this guy, awesome ride!!! :D

Tell me it's not HOT!!

And Ilv, what do you think of the photography!! Cool back drop hey!!

• 1 month later...

Here's mine, will take better ones later ;)

IMG_2652big-1-1.jpg

Front : 19 x 8.5 (offset used to be +32 but since I had to replace the stock hubs with IS-F ones, they push the wheels out by around 1/2 an inch each side)

Rear : 19 x 9.5 (offset +25)

Tyres are Toyo T1R :

235/35/19 and 255/35/19

Hey mate,

I was going to say that the off-set on the rears looks perfect but when I went to check out the closer shots in ya earlier post, the pics are goooonnnneeee!!! Whats doing lol?!?!?

Again mate, you have done well. Very neat!!! Do you gets much scrubbing @ the fronts?? Im assuming at that height you would!

(Damn I love the look that you achieve with coilovers)!!!