Aftermarket Wheels - Post Your Set-up!

Hey mate,

I was going to say that the off-set on the rears looks perfect but when I went to check out the closer shots in ya earlier post, the pics are goooonnnneeee!!! Whats doing lol?!?!?

Again mate, you have done well. Very neat!!! Do you gets much scrubbing @ the fronts?? Im assuming at that height you would!

(Damn I love the look that you achieve with coilovers)!!!

I just checked and pics are still there, which particular thread did you mean?

The tyres rub a little occasionally. The fender liner has a bad design, it's not 'lowering friendly'. It usually rubs where the bolt holding the sides of the bumper is, nothing dangerous really. No pain no gain, right :P

If it bugs me enough, I can have a panel shop relocate the bolt closer to the headlights and heat gun the plastic liner a little.

Coilover is the way to go, really. The springs and shocks are designed to work together and it's height adjustable and handling is significantly improved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hellow fellas,these are some pictures of my car,its still a nerd :(

My specs are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 WORK BRM Forged

With 235 and 255/35/19 tyres

springs are H&R (cutted) after loads of research found these are the most comfortable and best performace springs :D

No more BS, these are the pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32301646@N05/3023827532

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32301646@N05/3022999335

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32301646@N05/3023797066

by far, wheels are very light and handling of the car has been improved since i upgraded the wheels and suspension setups :)

Hey Goodwill,

Thanks for posting!! Bout time we see some new rides up in here!!!

Very nice ride man! Have to say that I haven't considered that WORK wheel on the IS before but seeing it on yours, looks damn nice!!

What was the off-set at the rears??

What spring rate did you go with??

Again, very nice!!

Hey,thanks ProjectIS

im not sure regarding the offset,as i ordered my wheels and were asking for perfect fitment for my car (deeply sorry)

and yes, WORK wheels are the best IMO to fill my car's fenders :)

whats a "springrate"?sorry im a noob

cheers bro

OK, for all you Work Variaza fans like me, this is what I am shooting for with my ride!!! (Minus the tow hook that is)!!

hdr4.jpg

hdr3.jpg

Props to this guy, awesome ride!!! :D

Tell me it's not HOT!!

And Ilv, what do you think of the photography!! Cool back drop hey!!

very nice. love the wheels. great photos too

Hey guys,

Love the activity here, but need I remind y'all that this is a forum and not a chat room!!! (Perhaps post the translation)!!!

By all means utilise the Personal messages fellas or try and stick to the topic!!!

And again, nice ride man!!!

• 5 months later...

I've found a brilliant website www.rimtuck.com which is essentially a user database of various cars with various rim set ups etc. It's got pictures as well, whcih is very handy.

Click here for IS only:

http://www.rimtuck.com/thumbnails.php?vehi...+asc%2Cyear+asc

Some awesome looking rides there!

1225331179.jpg

1238629959.jpg

1229757870.jpg

1232515420.jpg

Oh, and by the way, is there a reason (other than ride comfort) why people don't tend to put 20" rims on IS250?? I've got my eye on a 20" set, but looking at this site it appears the biggest rims on there are 19s...

Danslex!

Yeh, great site! It is definately a convenient resource for those wondering about wheel style and off-set options! Nice find!

You gotta love "Batmobiles" ride. Atleast it looks like his! The deep dish AME / Enkei Shallen's definately achieve an awesome VIP style!

Im seriously liking those wheels more and more! (Its the black ride for those that don't frequent CL)!

Nice thing with the AME's is that you can go staggered!

As for the 20's, hmmmmm! There are a couple of rides that i checked out on CL that had 20's. One that I really loved had the WORK Variaza's that everyone here knows I like. Damn nice look. Personally though, wouldn't do it!! The ride, price of rubber etc really turns me off. You are practically riding on elastic bands with the 30 profiles and I don't think that it looks that much better compared to 19's!

Anyway, my opinion!!!!

What wheels were you thinking???

Well, can't decide. For some time now I've been thinking of the Gianelle Cairo rims with matt black dish and silver spokes, like this:

gianelle_cairo_blackmachined.jpg

It can also come with a white lip on the edge of the rim as well (or any other colour for that matter).

There's also a guy selling Verde Kaos Black rims on another forum, in a fairly decent condition, like this:

Tn_55kaos-blk-chrome.jpeg

Both are 20". Not sure which ones to get. The Cairos would be more expensive of course. Tyres on each of those would be about $400 per tyre too.

But basically I just love dish, and preferably a contrast in colours. My car is pearl white with dark tint, so figured bit of black in the rims will go well with it overall.

xfry0z.jpg

The stock rims are the worst rims ever!!!

I've tried 18s on it and they were definately too small. Figured skipping a size over all the way to 20s might be a good solution. Hmmm, may have to try 19s to see how they fit... to be honest all those cars with 19s on them on that site look absolutely hot! But I think to get that look you'd need to dump it as well. 20s might save me the hassle. Who knows.

Hey Dan,

Yeh, I know what you saying! I love the deep dish as well. But obviously the deeper the dish, the larger the dia you need to get the same look. With a full faced wheel, 18's don't look that bad. 19's look awesome. Look at all the oem releases. They are generally full faced. The IS-F is a great example of this in my opinion.

Pleeeaaasssseee don't make the mistake in going huge with ya dia and not dropping ya ride. Don't turn your car into a boat man!!! Again, my opinion!

As for the wheels, nice! I like the first set more so. I can see the image that you have inregards to the pearl white and the dark tints and black wheels. Should work! I personally would look at the same wheel but instead of the black, go a machined finish insert and a polished lip. Don't get cut, again, forums are for opinions, painted wheels look cheap. The second wouldn't do your IS justice. (AGAIN, JUST MY OPINION)!!! ;)

Are you considering a drop??

I'm not considering painting the wheels, what do you mean? They're already black from factory. The black on the first rim can either be gloss or matt, I prefer matt (brake dust less visible lol!) The white lip on the first ones is a plastic thing you snap on it, to make it silver spoke, black dish, white lip combo. That same wheel can come in other combinations as well, like full chrome, normal silver, etc. Somehow I want some black hehe.

Second rims aren't that great, I must admit. Only considering them coz some guy is selling them cheap. Those Cairos (new) with decent set of tyres will set me back close to 5K :(

I suppose I still need to think of other alternatives with no dish. I don't mind the IS-F wheels, wonder how much they cost? But other than the OEM IS-F 18s, I don't rate the other stock 18s in their range at all. Seem a bit average to me. Might need to do some window shopping for the time being I think hehe.

Hmm, dropping my ride is always an option. I just want to be careful not to go overboard with it all (spent and lost HEAPS of $$$ modifying my Soarer lol!)

Yeh, I wasn't implying that you were going to paint the rims, but rather paint on rims in general i don't like. Yeh i know what you going to say, "but the IS-F wheels are painted", but thats different. Its not just a plain single colour.

Anyway, the IS-F wheels are actually 19's. They suit the car so well that you don't even realise that they are 19's. I think that is important when we modify with non oem stuff.You need to maintain balance. Luxury cars need to look as close to factory as possible when we do things to them........otherwise our beloved Lexus will end up looking like an Hyundai!!

I don't think that you need to drop it to the deck for it to look tough. Even the small 1" drop you get from the F-Sports would be enough to change the appearance. The Teins or the Ebachs give you that little bit more if desired!

Look, im in the same situation as you. Im still hunting for the right balance. I do want my IS to standout, but for the right reasons! You want people to double guess! "Did it come from factory like that!!" (I reakon anyway)!!!

At this point i will put the call out to all..........Come on guys and gals, post up some pics!! . Every day I see a different IS around town with aftermarket wheels. Alot of them look awesome.

The amount of new members we have had of late join our forum has been really high, yet no new pics!!! Come on all! ;)

Does any one know the tyre sizes on the ISF 19"s?

and you guys think 235/45/18 are a good size? or do most of you guys get 40 series?

Just thinking if i should get 18 or 19s, and wondering on best sizes

Hey Dom! (Guys, if I get your names wrong, I apologise up front! Let me know. It feels weird addressing you guys by the nicknames)!!

Anyway, to your question. I must admit that I wasn't too sure exactly what size the IS-f was running. I did know that they were 19's so I quickly ran down to the office car park and checked.

The fronts are 225/40/19's and the rears are 255/35/19's. I will say, really nice wheels!!

As for your wheel sizes, entirely upto you. 18's are a great compromise and a safe bet. By this i mean, you have the ride comfort, easy wheel clearance, and relatively well priced rubber. The 235's as you mentioned are a safe bet although you can go wider out rear if you wanted to. Most of the guys in Aus you will read are on 18's although from what I can gather alot more are now moving towards 19's.

A couple of guys like QQQ switched long ago. Again, 19's look awesome, especially if you are going dished. 18's in my opinion are a bit small for a non "full faced" rim. Obviously ride comfort changes though. I'd say most of the guys that stay with the xx/40/18's do so due to ride comfort. Correct me if im wrong guys.

Again, read through the posts and see what the other guys are doing. You might choose 20's like DansLex!!

Whilst talking about Danslex, "Dan", just saw the pic you posted on the track. I can definately feel what you are saying now with the Pearl white and dark tints. Those wheels would look pretty hot!!

Later fellas! ;)

Ride comfort is part of the equation however, for me it's more to do with the cost of quality 19/20 rubber!

I see too many cars with massive wheels, walk up & take a look and there it is! NANKANG! Such a shame and a waste imho!

Unless it's all for show it's too expensive to get the combo!

Hey Dom! (Guys, if I get your names wrong, I apologise up front! Let me know. It feels weird addressing you guys by the nicknames)!!

Anyway, to your question. I must admit that I wasn't too sure exactly what size the IS-f was running. I did know that they were 19's so I quickly ran down to the office car park and checked.

The fronts are 225/40/19's and the rears are 255/35/19's. I will say, really nice wheels!!

As for your wheel sizes, entirely upto you. 18's are a great compromise and a safe bet. By this i mean, you have the ride comfort, easy wheel clearance, and relatively well priced rubber. The 235's as you mentioned are a safe bet although you can go wider out rear if you wanted to. Most of the guys in Aus you will read are on 18's although from what I can gather alot more are now moving towards 19's.

A couple of guys like QQQ switched long ago. Again, 19's look awesome, especially if you are going dished. 18's in my opinion are a bit small for a non "full faced" rim. Obviously ride comfort changes though. I'd say most of the guys that stay with the xx/40/18's do so due to ride comfort. Correct me if im wrong guys.

Again, read through the posts and see what the other guys are doing. You might choose 20's like DansLex!!

Whilst talking about Danslex, "Dan", just saw the pic you posted on the track. I can definately feel what you are saying now with the Pearl white and dark tints. Those wheels would look pretty hot!!

Later fellas! ;)

True about dished looking smaller, Id be happy with the standard 18" sport wheels but cant find any around! :unsure:

Just thinking if a 45 series tyre for the 18s is more suited than 40 series, since many smaller cars roll in 40 series 18"s

No way in the world do I want massive rims with that fuller sick look, just a good mix of sport and class to get away from the Yaris wheels the prestige comes with.

ISF wheels are hot, doubt anyone is selling them! :P

Dom

Still tentative about 20s... but definately getting a mixed colour rim :) Got a few other priority things to splash out cash on first though, will have to postpone it a couple of months :(

Would a Lexus dealer sell you brand new IS-F wheels? Wonder how much.