#### Fuel Light ######

I drive a 2000 model IS200 Sports Lux.

Fuel Capacity is 70L. And in the Manual it says the FUEL LIGHT comes on when there is 10L or less remaining in the TANK

The other night. The Fuel light Came on but I kept on driving for about an extra 25KMs and when i filled up i was able to fill up 58L

Which means (70-58) 12L allready in the tank. ( and the light was on?)

This is really annoying not knowing how much fuel is actually remaining in the tank. So can Make it to Tuesdays to fill up (being the cheapest day)

Anyone had this issue?????????????

How many Kms do you push it after the fuel light comes on? (obviously, state the Year & Model of your car)

I'm going to try this again this week. Wait till the light comes on then fill up a full tank & see how much is Left. (Just to double check)

Thanks,

Kang,

fuel light isn't 100% accurate. your tank is probably not baffled, or you were driving in the opposite direction of the fuel pickup in the tank (i.e. uphill and the fuel is sloshing). My last car (ST205 Celica GT-Four) had an unbaffled tank, which would cause the fuel light on a lot of the time, esp if the car was parked on a downhill slant).

Also you have the feed which goes from fuel tank to the fuel filler cap, that's usually a few litres in itself.

Clarence,

I get that. I'm just trying to work out how much i can push my car after the fuel light comes on.

Last week! I filled up a Full tank of BP ULTIMATE

1) Did 540Kms Before the Fuel light Came on. (Medium to Light Foot)

2) Did another 40Kms (light Foot) on top so total = 580km

3) Then Filled up. Had 10L left in the Tank.

In Conclusion...You should be able to Do 50Km Comfortably after the fuel light comes on. (You could possibly Push it more)

1) Did 540Kms Before the Fuel light Came on. (Medium to Light Foot)

2) Did another 40Kms (light Foot) on top so total = 580km

3) ...

... darn, I was hoping you'd say you ran out of fuel and got stranded!! haha :lol:

• 4 months later...

I drive Toyotas all day, you always get at least double what Toyota quotes in manual.

It's so you don't suck your tank dry and pick up all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

Not good for your engine...

:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
I drive a 2000 model IS200 Sports Lux.

Fuel Capacity is 70L. And in the Manual it says the FUEL LIGHT comes on when there is 10L or less remaining in the TANK

The other night. The Fuel light Came on but I kept on driving for about an extra 25KMs and when i filled up i was able to fill up 58L

Which means (70-58) 12L allready in the tank. ( and the light was on?)

This is really annoying not knowing how much fuel is actually remaining in the tank. So can Make it to Tuesdays to fill up (being the cheapest day)

Anyone had this issue?????????????

How many Kms do you push it after the fuel light comes on? (obviously, state the Year & Model of your car)

I'm going to try this again this week. Wait till the light comes on then fill up a full tank & see how much is Left. (Just to double check)

Thanks,

Like to share my experience of IS200 in Sgp, the fuel indicator was once faulty, and I dried up the fuel tank, and that was the once and only time the car had to be towed.

The trip meter was then showing over 720km, with the driving habit then, usually the fuel warning like would lite around 590 to 600 km, with Shell VPower fuel, most of the time. Fuel consumption was about 9~10 liter per 100 km. So I think the fuel tank capacity should be around 70L.

• 1 month later...

I drive IS200 caliente (2002) manual, so I would expect slightly better fuel consumption than an auto.

I usually drive to max 500km (mostly suburb driving, so not much cruising on high ways/freeways).

The indicator will drop to the bottom bar however I haven't actually got the fuel warning light to appear.

I haven't dared driving till it came on because the indicator goes below the bottom bar! When I fill up it's around 55-56Litres.

Whats it show for others when the fuel light comes on.

• 1 month later...

All,

I just got my car serviced at my local Lexus service. Now I have driven the car to about 550 with mostly suburb and city driving and like to accelerate to speed quickly. (not lead footed). The fuel indicator now is just about on the bottom bar and my red light has come on!..

I can only assume they some how fixed it? I find it hard to believe as there isn't much they could have done. Besides flushing out the fuel system, which I didn't ask them to do, miraculously it works now. I've had the car for a year and never have got it to come on. I'll fill up tonight to see how much is still left in the tank. Previously I got too scared, (no light) and had to fill up to around 55-57 litres. Now the red light is on, I wonder how much is left in the tank. (have driven around 10-15K's with it on).

Well,

I was only able to fill up again 57-58 and the needle was on the bottom bar. lol. Since drove just about 550km I got quite good fuel economy out of it, considering I didn't drive on highways. lots of start/stops etc. Then again it is after a service, so we'll see how it goes in the next few months.