How Can We Keep This Is250 Thread Growing & Active!

Hi all,

I will get straight to the point.... kinda!! (AND BE WARNED......., IT MAY GET MUSHEEEYY)!!!!

I have only been a registered member here for a little over a week, but I have been monitoring this board for the last couple of months.

What I gotta say is, I think that there has been more activity, more genuine interest and knowledge sharing in the last week then I have seen here before!

(As cevu mentioned to me, you can guarantee that ya post will have a reply the next time you check) Thats what we need. Not a ghost town!!

Prior to this, and I would like to imagine that I wasn`t the only one, I spent 99% of my time on ClubLexus. Why?? Now im here 80% of the time and I want that to grow as all us contribute and make this a true community like CL.

Anyway, everytime I log on, I check to see which members are on, and I must say its great to see the regulars on several times a day!!! You all know who yall are!! Props to all of you and a massive welcome to the newbies that were probably just like myself. (Watching, but why be a member of a dead forum)

WHAT CAN WE DO TO KEEP THIS COMMUNITY GROWING AND ALL MEMBERS PARTICIPATING?????

Come on guys, hope I didn't get musheeeyyyyy just for the hell of it!! :huh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see a pinned thread (or a series of them) to hold technical info, tips and documents. I keep a folder on my computer with all the information I find/receive, including documenting my attempts at trying each one on my car(s). If we all contributed to something like this, I'm sure we could both keep existing members interested and attract new ones.

Well, I think thats a brilliant idea korvan. Keep them pinned and definately clean for easy reference!!

Lets do it! Did you want the honours mate??

Oh yeh, I've done my fair share of searching for info so yeh, I do have some stuff to contribute!!!!

Cheers - just added a new "Howto" topic to disable traction control. How do we get it pinned? I'm hoping a moderator reads it and sees my reques for them to do it.

Hey korvan,

Great post re. the traction control. Really neat & great format. Do you think we should perhaps have a branched family structure. What I mean, for example post only the overide how to's undo the one topic and pin it. Create the next topic for the next contributed family idea and pin it.

Look, I don't even think that I understand what I just wrote.

eg.

Topic_1 - Overide how-to's. ( all the posts could be similar to the format that you created)

Topic_2 - Technical tips ( What ever the members want)

Topic_3 - What ever the family contained (again, what ever the members want)

So on and so on!

Just thinking if we pin each individual doc or contibution, will we have maybe too many and thus not see the new posts that easily?

Let us know if I have just confused the crap out of anyone. :blink: Apologies in advance!!

Cheers - just added a new "Howto" topic to disable traction control. How do we get it pinned? I'm hoping a moderator reads it and sees my reques for them to do it.

Hey korvan,

Great post re. the traction control. Really neat & great format. Do you think we should perhaps have a branched family structure. What I mean, for example post only the overide how to's undo the one topic and pin it. Create the next topic for the next contributed family idea and pin it.

Look, I don't even think that I understand what I just wrote.

eg.

Topic_1 - Overide how-to's. ( all the posts could be similar to the format that you created)

Topic_2 - Technical tips ( What ever the members want)

Topic_3 - What ever the family contained (again, what ever the members want)

So on and so on!

Just thinking if we pin each individual doc or contibution, will we have maybe too many and thus not see the new posts that easily?

Let us know if I have just confused the crap out of anyone. :blink: Apologies in advance!!

Mate, just sure the latest contributions from you , thats what I call structured and easy to follow! Screw my idea! (Unless if U think it may work).

Mate, just sure the latest contributions from you , thats what I call structured and easy to follow! Screw my idea! (Unless if U think it may work).

Sorry - just saw your posts here. Was too much in the zone, dumping my stored hacks onto the board. We can always see how it goes I guess. I have no problems migrating to a branched structure if it looks like it'll get too big.

Sorry - just saw your posts here. Was too much in the zone, dumping my stored hacks onto the board. We can always see how it goes I guess. I have no problems migrating to a branched structure if it looks like it'll get too big.

I'd say that your in the zone! Mate, credit to you. Now that's what Im talking about. Contributions like that is what will help make this forum the authority on OUR IS'ssss!!!

No worries regarding the structure, see how it goes like you say!

well i was thinking

meet ups and maybe little club stickers etc???

if we have meet ups and such and take fotos..

more people will come online and such...

just my thought..

Good to see alot of the members pushing this agenda!

Look, without this active participation, (especially as of late by all), lets face it, this forum will die!! :( Nhoooooooo!!!!

Lets keep it alive, and I must say, some awesome contribution and ideas by all!

ilv1004s,

As to what you suggested, maybe you should put a call out to the members and see if there is a graphic designer amongst us! Perhaps they can help with a small sticker for all the members!!

Like the photoshoot idea too!!!

Although im not a heavy poster (ive only had my IS250 a few months), id hate to see the forum deteriorate and have been happy to see the increase in contributions recently.

I like the photoshoot idea. I'd also be keen to buy a LexusOwner'sClub sticker or equivalent. I think some postings containing links of our IS's in action on YouTube would also be good.I'd be happy to contribute when I can.

Boeky72

See below my IS250 "on location"

post-2523-1219644472_thumb.jpg

Although im not a heavy poster (ive only had my IS250 a few months), id hate to see the forum deteriorate and have been happy to see the increase in contributions recently.

I like the photoshoot idea. I'd also be keen to buy a LexusOwner'sClub sticker or equivalent. I think some postings containing links of our IS's in action on YouTube would also be good.I'd be happy to contribute when I can.

Boeky72

See below my IS250 "on location"

post-2523-1219644472_thumb.jpg

Don't know if its the backdrop or what, but damn ya car looks good even with the OEMS!! Nice work!!

Good to have you part of the action!! Im glad to see that Im not the only one that has noticed the increased activity!!

ProjectIS!!! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I think this has to be said!!

Look, I think a lot of us are dropping off this forum yet again!! I think what obviously makes a forum is a sense of community. That is, friendships are created, knowledge shareing is at a maximum.

We can bet that if we have a problem, or we need an answer to a question, one of our members would have at some stage experienced it in their travels and obviously would be sure to help out!!

Guys, in a nut shell, I think we need to get back to decent posts, (and not one liners), and hopefully we can get back on track!! We all have the same passion here, otherwise we wouldn't be apart of this forum!! Lets get the "mateship" thing happening!!!

Now I've said my bit, hope most or atleast some of you agree with this statement !!!

ProjectIS!! ;)

Previously i mentioned that this forum is dead but then with the stickied thread and all it was alive. Still is more alive now than way before.

As for myself, i now work 6 days a week no thanks to corporate greed and interest rates hikes. My enthusiam is kinda down too so that doesnt help my contribution.

Previously i mentioned that this forum is dead but then with the stickied thread and all it was alive. Still is more alive now than way before.

As for myself, i now work 6 days a week no thanks to corporate greed and interest rates hikes. My enthusiam is kinda down too so that doesnt help my contribution.

Mate, I totally understand where you are coming from....

I too struggle to get time to play with the car. Getting time for the forum ain't too much of a problem cause im either on in the office, or I utilise the wireless if @ the coffee shop!

Hang in on the forum ldc!! Hopefully U will get re-enthused!! Like you mentioned, there has been some great work done on this forum of late, you all know who U are, lets keep it goin on!!! (that means U too Korvan)!!! Need some more instructional stuff!!

Later!!! ;)

How about we make monthly/ annual meets and such

maybe club stickers?

Hey ilv!!

I think thats cool!! I was hoping that someone would volunteer to do the art work for the club sticker! I can look into printing them out!!

I guess we need ideas of how we want them to look. We obviously first and foremost want them to look tastefull on our cars. A small identifier of sorts!! As for the meetings, I still want to do them. I still think we will get the best turn out as we approach the years end. Oh yes, summer is upon us!!

We do still need to do that car wash thing as well!!

How about we make monthly/ annual meets and such

maybe club stickers?

Hey ilv!!

I think thats cool!! I was hoping that someone would volunteer to do the art work for the club sticker! I can look into printing them out!!

I guess we need ideas of how we want them to look. We obviously first and foremost want them to look tastefull on our cars. A small identifier of sorts!! As for the meetings, I still want to do them. I still think we will get the best turn out as we approach the years end. Oh yes, summer is upon us!!

We do still need to do that car wash thing as well!!

meetings sound good as it also gives everyone a chance to show off their ride and anything they've added since the last meet. also a chance to scavage ideas.......

we should set a date for the car wash soon to give everyone the opportunity to keep that day free!

free exhaust systems...?

i like the idea of meets, but we need more melbourne members.

Overrides, tech tips and all that also sound good, ive got a fair bit to add from things that ive experienced with the is.

Im good at graphic design if anyone wants some ideas for a sticker. Just tell me what you want on it.