How Can We Keep This Is250 Thread Growing & Active!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the days of old i used to run a car forum, only its a specific make and model. It started with only 4 members and when i resigned as CEO it has mor ethan 2000 members. My experience in running a successful forum is it takes times and alot of design and creativity on the site's behalf, this will attract people, things line chatboxes, gallery etc are nice features of a forum...

bah thats only if the model and make i a popular among the gen X gen Y lol

i've seen that happen as well

i was apart of ozhonda when it first started up

first start up member it's come a long way to become wat it is now

bah thats only if the model and make i a popular among the gen X gen Y lol

i've seen that happen as well

i was apart of ozhonda when it first started up

first start up member it's come a long way to become wat it is now

yeah, noticed the same as well. over at mazda, honde and nissan they're all keen to try things.

seems like lexus have a lot of shy customers when it comes to mods. guess the price of the car doesn't help that should something go wrong!

oh, i'm down for the sticker idea, so long as it's big enough to see and attract ppl but doesn't stand out and make my car look cheap!

free exhaust systems...?

i like the idea of meets, but we need more melbourne members.

Overrides, tech tips and all that also sound good, ive got a fair bit to add from things that ive experienced with the is.

Im good at graphic design if anyone wants some ideas for a sticker. Just tell me what you want on it.

Ok, so from what I can gather thus far, the thing that is most important to all of us is for the sticker to be relatively small,(I guess identifiable quite easily by the members more so ..)

Personally, I think if we want it to fit the part, ie. not cheapen the car, we need to utilise minimal colours and keep with the lexus style font to a degree. Perhaps even neutral with black,white, gold and/or silver?? Should suit all our car colours then??

I guess we need to decide what to have on it so Niick can play around with ideas!! Unique logo that we design, text, both?!?!?

Any thoughts???!?!?!?!?

By the way Niick, props for offering to help with the art work!! ;)

In keeping with the idea of simple design, why not just the URL (see quick 'n' dirty sample below)?

post-2651-1222420510_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Even better, why not alternate colours for easier reading?

post-2651-1222420831_thumb.jpg

BTW, attached here is a free Lexus-style font I just found:

alexlc.zip

Install it as you would any other font (usually double clicking each TTF file) and use it in Word, Photoshop, Publisher like any other font. Font name is Alexis. There are a few variations included (regular, bold, italic, outline, etc).

Wouldn't the owner of this site be the people to adsress this?

What you say'n?? You wanna a start a new site again?!?!?!

Or are you saying that we should leave the forum off the sticker and have something else that would identify the click!!??

Well how do you know the owners of this site approve you doing this? I'm not againt the idea, i think it's a good idea to have stickers just that au.lexusownersclub.com is registered to those who owns this site and the name may carry copyright law. Besides they may already have stickers made.

Well how do you know the owners of this site approve you doing this? I'm not againt the idea, i think it's a good idea to have stickers just that au.lexusownersclub.com is registered to those who owns this site and the name may carry copyright law. Besides they may already have stickers made.

actually good idea

whos the admin or owner of this forum???

I need some ideas guys, you mean something simple like this?

locne1.th.jpgthpix.gif

Or do you want outlines of the car in it? different logo? font?

make sure u check with the admin first i guess.

looks good, but i think it prefer the outline of the car idea!

If you click your 'My Assistant' link at the top of your screen, then the 'Moderation Team' link, it tells you who the admin and mods are. 'Steve' is listed as our admin, so I guess PM'ing him would the best place to start. IMHO, it'd be best to come up with a design we all think works and submit it to Steve for his impressions and/or blessing...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that it was awesome meeting up with some of the boys from the Forum last night!!!

Ilv, Cevu, Raoul... It was cool checking out some of the mods in person and probably most of all, being able to put a face to the name!!! This is what community is all about!!!

We do want to maintain a regular meet and hopefully we will schedule one shortly!! Can I get suggestions on how we can grow the enthusiasm for the meets as I can guarantee thats where most of the knowledge is shared and how we will grow this forum!!! ;)

It was really cool hearing the difference in intakes aswell!! Dammmnnnn!!!

• 1 year later...

Here we go, a topic from long ago!!

Look, I want to take this opportunity to thank / recognise the guys like Danny, Justin, and more recently Chris............... (and yes, you, you and also you)..................................but for as long as I've been here at this forum, these guys have always been the first to offer their own personal time to help other fellow members such as myself. I can think of countless times where a member was not sure on how to install a mod, or a mod was to costly to install and guess what, Danny (aka Ilv) and / or Justin (aka Cevu) would say no problems, "I will come and fit it for you". Look at ldc and his newly purchased springs, both Dan and Chris spent almost 6hrs of their time helping! I've lost count on how mnany times Danny has installed springs on the IS!!!(you'd think he'd know how by now)!!!

Fella's, THANKS for all the effort you guys put into this community and Im sure that im not the only one that feels this way!! wink.gif and that also goes out to you, you and oh yeah, you!!!!

Later!

BTW Dan, I am sorry for not returning your call the other night ,dude.............!!!! biggrin.gif

Hi all,

I will get straight to the point.... kinda!! (AND BE WARNED......., IT MAY GET MUSHEEEYY)!!!!

Come on guys, hope I didn't get musheeeyyyyy just for the hell of it!! :huh:

Amazing how right you were nearly 2 years ago!!!

Yes it has got "MUSHEEEYY"

And no, not just for the hell of it.....well done.

Here we go, a topic from long ago!!

Look, I want to take this opportunity to thank / recognise the guys like Danny, Justin, and more recently Chris............... (and yes, you, you and also you)..................................but for as long as I've been here at this forum, these guys have always been the first to offer their own personal time to help other fellow members such as myself. I can think of countless times where a member was not sure on how to install a mod, or a mod was to costly to install and guess what, Danny (aka Ilv) and / or Justin (aka Cevu) would say no problems, "I will come and fit it for you". Look at ldc and his newly purchased springs, both Dan and Chris spent almost 6hrs of their time helping! I've lost count on how mnany times Danny has installed springs on the IS!!!(you'd think he'd know how by now)!!!

Fella's, THANKS for all the effort you guys put into this community and Im sure that im not the only one that feels this way!! wink.gif and that also goes out to you, you and oh yeah, you!!!!

Later!

BTW Dan, I am sorry for not returning your call the other night ,dude.............!!!! biggrin.gif

Yes mate, thanks for the observation!!!!

No more MUUSSHHHEEEYY here mate , now start posting damn it!!!dry.gifmad.gif

Amazing how right you were nearly 2 years ago!!!

Yes it has got "MUSHEEEYY"

And no, not just for the hell of it.....well done.

it may sound mushey but may i say one thing . . . . .

Its a freaking awesome community and it is growing and i hope it grows even more in the future.

Keep up the modding and love for your cars guys.

im hoping laters we can have meets like they have in the US, with like 50+ cars rolling out from a carpark, lol

THAT would be sick

and for those that havent seen the vid from CL

We managed to gather a cruise of 70 Soarers back in 2003 down in Melbourne... that was a fantastic sight.

I've never been to another car meet which has so many identical bodies cars in attendance.