Is Facelift Pictures And Details In Japanese

Hi all

Can anyone translate the Japanese text on this page: http://dajapa.tistory.com/333 Unfortunately I've not been able to copy the text so I haven't been able to try pasting it into an online translator.

The pictures show the new Lexus IS door mirrors with integrated indicators, changed rear light clusters and various interior modifications including a new steering wheel, gear stick and rear head rest. However, I'm wondering if the text says anything about any changes under the skin, eg improved sound proofing, suspension or fuel economy.

The date on the page is 28 July 2008

Best regards

Roger

facelift..... ohh..... now i'm not going to have the current model anymore. hehe :-(

but seriously, if someone could translate that would be good coz i'm also interested to see if there are any significant changes. those side indicators look nice though!

I think some of the things the text mentions are:

1. New bumper with different lower air entrances and modified fog lamps
  2. New 17 and 18 inch wheel designs
  3. New three dimensional rear lamps, not LED
  4. Newly positioned rim wheels for ventilation nozzles (in the middle of the pair of centre vents rather than at their outer edges).
  5. Back of front seats and doors always in black even with light colour interior. Ivory beige replaced by a darker colour.
  6. Changes to the way gears can be selected in sequential auto mode. Maybe like the new Acura TSX or Euro Accord?
  7. Nav OK to use while driving
  8. Prices raised
  9. Measures to reduce transmission noise

I'm wondering if the text mentions anything about changes under the skin, eg improvements to suspension, sound proofing or fuel economy? Does anyone have a Japanese speaking friend who could help out?

thats a lot of changes.....

they've made a good car better.

actually, i'm interested in the gear shift thing coz i hate our auto box. it's not really a tiptronic, its more like gear restriction as in you can restrict the gear range but if you're on 4 for example and the car reckons its better on 3 then 3 it is. not exactly control if you ask me!

I'm told the text in the scans is Japanese but the web page is Korean and so there should be no need for anyone to be offended I hope!

For some attempts at the translation and further comments please see: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=52566 and http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry325378

Whatever language that is, I don't like the supposed changes.

What is with the wood on the steering wheel? It looks like the RX steering wheel.

Also I was speaking to my dealer a few weeks back and they denied there would be any facelift or version 2 of the IS coming out anytime soon so I am a bit skeptical of the brochure.

This is what they mentioned on CL as the updates, but like Art_76, guys are skeptical of changes...

Updates for the Lexus IS. Think turn signals in the side mirrors, a new front grille, 17- and 18-inch wheels, and fresh color options, plus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) in the IS 250. Look for the 2009 IS in dealerships this September."

hey dude

wheels and new tail lights

and new added systems etc

and main changes are the price hike

suspension (rear) lower..

minor tweaks in the ESP setting

changes on the fan fin on the engine..

centre console changes..

but nothing about fuel consumption

u do have to realise..

AUS is the only country that doesnt get the ISF...

so when it comes out...

it'll come out with the Revised stuff...

plus ISF isnt a IS250

it just looks like 1 lol

u do have to realise..

AUS is the only country that doesnt get the ISF...

so when it comes out...

it'll come out with the Revised stuff...

plus ISF isnt a IS250

it just looks like 1 lol

IS-F is actually going to be released in November of this year.

The whole point of the IS-F looking like an IS250 is because it's built on the same platform.

A bit like BMW releasing the M3 after the current model 3 series had been superseeded. It doesn't make sense to release a high performance version of a superseeded car.

We are assuming that this facelift is for the is 250 as well. It may just be the is350, to help differentiate the two models. The only difference between the two models currently is under the bonnet. Just a thought.

Word is the is-F is being delayed into Australia, because inital rumblings was that it was different enough from the 250. So perhaps the is-F that is available in Australia from Oct/Nov this year, might have these upgraded features seen here.

Next time Im in the dealership, I might ask them about an upgrade.

BTW, Have they made the reversing rear lights try to look like 'L's (as in Lexus), or is that just me?

some changes ...

i really do not like the looks of the rear light...

but yeah..

ill either be getting the r35 gtr or the ISF for my next car..

so i hope these changes do come in.

Going from the IS250 to the IS-F you actually have to do without a few little things.

The cooling option in the front seats is not available in the IS-F.

The rear sun shade is also not available.

There are a few other minor things my dealer was telling me about but nothing that would make you stay with an IS250 over the IS-F.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have wanted to see bigger under skirts and minor changes to the seats as i think hard leather is better. I suppose they can't really do a complete overhaul but yeh atleast Lexus Is is moving along.

I would have wanted to see bigger under skirts and minor changes to the seats as i think hard leather is better. I suppose they can't really do a complete overhaul but yeh atleast Lexus Is is moving along.

so glad its not much different from ours, that way we still look like we are driving the current model! :-)