not sure if anyone else has this problem but i do and have researched it before calling lexus tomorrow for repairs.

its pretty bad and you can hear it quite well on cold startup. didn't give it much notice but it happened too many times today.

some useful info below:

only affects 06/07 models from what i've read

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...607&page=17

IS250_Engine_Rattle.pdf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about this but not sure if i have it. At start up the only thing i hear is the rev sort of kicks up a notch before going down.

Im not sure what this rattle noise is that people and you are saying.

Theres another forum here that explains this issue. Happened to me a few times - resulting from a few faulty VVTi valves or something. Lexus fully aware - will fix without any questions. Think the problem was rectified for vehicles mid 07 onwards. There is a TSIB out there somewhere also that explains the issue.

thanks for posting all.

my mind is now at ease knowing i am not the only one.

rang lexus this morning and they booked it in for tomorrow. thats was quick. i'm happy they didn't make the problem a problem. if only other manufacturers could follow suit. so glad i got a lexus!

mines with Lexus Of Chatswood at the moment. only been gone for less than a day and i miss it already, haha..... i even feel like i don't belong on this forum, haha!

anyway, this is the sound:

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/kcau..._2787_noise.flv

lexus know about it so it shouldn't be a problem getting it sorted. but just for safe measure i printed up the first two pages of the TSIB and subtlely left it on the passengers site in plain view. Just to let them knew that I KNOW! :-) But seriously, i called them and they organised it no problems.

i'm currently in a 08 RX350 and it's got 1504kms on the clock, hehe.......

mines with Lexus Of Chatswood at the moment. only been gone for less than a day and i miss it already, haha..... i even feel like i don't belong on this forum, haha!

anyway, this is the sound:

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/kcau..._2787_noise.flv

lexus know about it so it shouldn't be a problem getting it sorted. but just for safe measure i printed up the first two pages of the TSIB and subtlely left it on the passengers site in plain view. Just to let them knew that I KNOW! :-) But seriously, i called them and they organised it no problems.

i'm currently in a 08 RX350 and it's got 1504kms on the clock, hehe.......

Are you sure you haven`t got an imported diesel 250 from the U.K.-it sounds just like one,terrible.I get a bit of loose tappet noise in the morning but nothing like that,tho I`ll check it now with the bonnet up after listening to yours.

thats not the sound of my car. it's just a clip i found that shows the problem.

it was only happening in the mornings for me too, on a cold startup. wouldn't happen again during the day. sounds like what you're describing!

did lexus parra know about it. any problems getting it fixed?

is the service at parramatta good? always wanted to know. they are closer to my house but i originally went to chatswood so just stayed there as there was no reason to go anywhere as i was happy with the service and the come to you anyway.

did lexus parra know about it. any problems getting it fixed?

is the service at parramatta good? always wanted to know. they are closer to my house but i originally went to chatswood so just stayed there as there was no reason to go anywhere as i was happy with the service and the come to you anyway.

Hey ilv1004s,

If you don't mind, post your response to the service question in the topic I started re. service satisfaction. Chatswood and Parramatta are the two that I am looking into due to geographic location!!!

Thanks heaps,

yeap....

thats the exact noise...

mines booked in next week at parra lexus

Mine booked in this Monday..they know whats the problem...so no questions asked ...at all!!! :)

good to hear.....

okay this is how it went...

Parra Lexus AAAAAA++++++

excellent service..

no bull*BLEEP*..

gave me a rx400h to drive around untill the car was fixed..

overall i cant fault them...

even gave me a box of lexus tissues fully detailed my car etc

awsome service..

I Spoke to a guy that works in my building today. '08 Sports/Luxury.(As you do!) He was telling me that when is car was in for service today he mentioned the odd noise on start up to the service dude. The service guy acknowledged that he knew what the problem was, but down played it by saying that it was extremely rare!! Didn't I give this guy a reality check!! (Thanks all!!!)

This is what the forum is all about!! I didn't know about it until you guys mentioned it!!

got my car back on Monday and all is good now although i miss that sweet 3.5 V6 in the RX350.

anyhow, box of chocolates in the car, nice clean car, what else can i say. top service!

from what i've read on these forums it seems to me that chatswood and parramatta are probably the two best lexus dealers in sydney!

• 1 month later...

Ok i thnk there is some abnormal noise i can hear now.

It sounds like a little paper fan and can be heard from the corner air vent during start up.

Is this it?

Ok i thnk there is some abnormal noise i can hear now.

It sounds like a little paper fan and can be heard from the corner air vent during start up.

Is this it?

That sounds like the seat cooling fan you are hearing.

The start up noise is a very noticeable tapping sort of sound right at start up and only lasts a few seconds. Usually only during a cold start first thing in the morning etc.