Not over 100K, over 180K, as that's where the top marginal tax rate kicks in... Reason being is that if you earn anything less than that, and say are on 30% for example, the FBT rate is 46.5%. So while you may be saving 30% of your tax in claiming your running costs through your salary with the fully maintained novated lease, you get slugged more with the FBT as the FBT rate is 46.5%...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

I seem to have the start up crank noise on my is250. The car has been send 3 times since i have owned the car but the problem still persist. It happens during cold starts and after a couple months of driving after the replacement. They reckon it has something to do with the vvti.

The car has only less than 35000kms from new. Will Lexus cover this problem after my warranty ends??

Please help as this car has been send to the Lexus service centre 3 times and the sound is still here.

i heard mine do the diesel sound for like 1 second ages ago when i started the car after school

i had the driver door open so i could hear it, but thats the only ever time i've heard it

never heard it before or after

the engine was really cold cuz it was just parked there from 8:30 - 3:20

but i never get it when i start the car in the morning...

hey guys,

I seem to have the start up crank noise on my is250. The car has been send 3 times since i have owned the car but the problem still persist. It happens during cold starts and after a couple months of driving after the replacement. They reckon it has something to do with the vvti.

The car has only less than 35000kms from new. Will Lexus cover this problem after my warranty ends??

Please help as this car has been send to the Lexus service centre 3 times and the sound is still here.

Faulty VVTi controllers - pure n simple. Happened to me, - as soon as I mentioned it to my dealer - they knew how to correct, and ordered some new controllers for my next service. Problem solved. Get it done before your warranty expires. There should be a TSIB on the net somewhere for this issue, if your dealer is somehow none the wiser.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the high pitch noise at start up, what i'm hearing is when the car isn't warmed up there is a "winding clock" sound but only during acceleration. The effect goes way when the engine is fully warmed.

I'm getting an intermittent slight "clunk" sound when the car has been parked for ~30 mins after a reasonable amount of drive and I need to start it again after a short stop over.

Doesn't happen all the time but it starting to get me worried. Car was only serviced by Lexus ~5000km ago.

Anyone experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the exact term for this vvti cam gear noise?

Mine is booked in this Wed for a service and have mentioned it, but will need to make it a real case.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

The only sound coming out of mine is a loose tappet type sound, like a ticking noise all the time. It seems to come from around the rear of the rh bank. There is a cylindrical type of arrangement at the back of the rh head and it seems to be coming from there. The noise is louder than the engine itself. Has anyone else heard this noise? I just dont want to make a fool of myself complaining about something that is normal although it does not sound normal. My car was built, July 07