Setting The 'red' On The Optitron Display

We all know that we can set the speed and RPM for when the instrument dial rings glow orange, but can you preset the speedo and tacho instrument dial to glow red?

I understand that the dial rings only light up red at >180km/h and >7000RPM, but I was wondering if there is a way to set these red limits as well. For example, I would like the speedo ring to glow red at 110 km/h (as a highway speed alert), not at 180km/h!!!

We all know that we can set the speed and RPM for when the instrument dial rings glow orange, but can you preset the speedo and tacho instrument dial to glow red?

I understand that the dial rings only light up red at >180km/h and >7000RPM, but I was wondering if there is a way to set these red limits as well. For example, I would like the speedo ring to glow red at 110 km/h (as a highway speed alert), not at 180km/h!!!

Very good question!!!

Hey,

My understanding of this is that the orange ring is infact the settable alert for the desired speed and prefered rev range. The red ring is the "TAKE IT EASY BROTHER" warning ring so to speak.

Obviously when the tacho lights up red, ya @ red line!! :rolleyes: Ooppps!!

When the speedo lights up red, ya better watch out for cops or ya may aswell say good by to your beloved LEXUS as it will be parked in ya garage for a damn long time!!!! :( & we don`t want that, do we!!!

(Don't get me wrong, part of the reason I bought the Lexus was for the way the instrument panel lit up!! The more lights the better!!!)