• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still using the original setup, stopping to one side and then edit an address etc. Till I got a TomTom to replace it.

Sorry, but I gotta say that it's pretty poor that, after spending the money we have on cars that have really nice in-built navigation systems, you felt you had to go and buy another one so you could use it while driving. I've said it in a couple of other threads here, but I'll say it again. We're all adults and we should be able to decide for ourselves - we don't need Lexus' legal weasels to think for us.

I never thought the hack for all of these are all out and guaranteed, I'm still using the original setup, stopping to one side and then edit an address etc. Till I got a TomTom to replace it.

Sorry, not sure what you mean!! Are talking about the hardware hack that is being discussed in the other topics, or are you talking about the different firmware levels depending on what build year your car is!!

I gotta say, I came from using a handheld TomTom to what we have now. There is no comparison!!!

Stay posted and follow the thread, you will find it easier to follow from the start. Hopefully we will have a soft solution for you soon!!

I never thought the hack for all of these are all out and guaranteed, I'm still using the original setup, stopping to one side and then edit an address etc. Till I got a TomTom to replace it.

Sorry, not sure what you mean!! Are talking about the hardware hack that is being discussed in the other topics, or are you talking about the different firmware levels depending on what build year your car is!!

I gotta say, I came from using a handheld TomTom to what we have now. There is no comparison!!!

Stay posted and follow the thread, you will find it easier to follow from the start. Hopefully we will have a soft solution for you soon!!

when u say there is no comparison are you saying the tom tom is better or vice versa?

when u say there is no comparison are you saying the tom tom is better or vice versa?

Sorry, to clarify this statement made by myself, I meant to say that our in-car ML/Sat Nav system ROCKS!!! B)

Thanks for comin, ProjectIS

Ahhh, that's definitely the problem. v12 allowed the "soft" DVD hack whereas v13 (the one my car came with) didn't, so my DVD hack was always done with wiring.

OK then, so is it possible to mix and match the disc info? By this I mean, can the software from V12 be used on the same disc as the maps from V14. You could then do the software hack and still have the most recent maps.

Hey Bluey,

Yeh, its been done. I read the post on CL a while ago and Im trying to find it again.

Basically its exactly like you said.

The only thing that im not sure about is, other then the benefits of the DVD diag, are there any problems with the older version firmware. I know the differences on the surface, but is it buggy in any way. I got V14 , so I cant comment. Can someone with V12 tell us if you have had any issues!!

Hey ProjectIS,

is this the post you read some time back about burning an old nav dvd ut using the latest version maps? Link http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272328

Ahhh, that's definitely the problem. v12 allowed the "soft" DVD hack whereas v13 (the one my car came with) didn't, so my DVD hack was always done with wiring.

OK then, so is it possible to mix and match the disc info? By this I mean, can the software from V12 be used on the same disc as the maps from V14. You could then do the software hack and still have the most recent maps.

Hey Bluey,

Yeh, its been done. I read the post on CL a while ago and Im trying to find it again.

The only thing that im not sure about is, other then the benefits of the DVD diag, are there any problems with the older version firmware. I know the differences on the surface, but is it buggy in any way. I got V14 , so I cant comment. Can someone with V12 tell us if you have had any issues!!

Hey ProjectIS,

is this the post you read some time back about burning an old nav dvd ut using the latest version maps? Link http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272328

Hi Raoul,

First before I answer your question I gotta say, Cevu, you a crack man!! Thanks for answering for me!!! ;)

Good stuff finding this post Raoul. Its not the post I found in the CL archives so to speak, but never the less, this one pretty much covers it!!! Thanks for finding it!!

Hey Bluey,

Hey ProjectIS,

Hi Raoul,

First before I answer your question I gotta say, Cevu, you a crack man!! Thanks for answering for me!!! ;)

Good stuff finding this post Raoul. Its not the post I found in the CL archives so to speak, but never the less, this one pretty much covers it!!! Thanks for finding it!!

I have the loading.kwi file for Gen 5.1, i am happy to upload it but i am not sure if it is a US version or what...I have an 08 model with V14 maps, i have not taken the disc out yet but do you know what Disk version that is suppose to be?....i dont think the loading.kwi file will work if it is from the US....I would love to get this working, can you please tell me when you do it

Hey Bluey,

Hey ProjectIS,

Hi Raoul,

I have the loading.kwi file for Gen 5.1, i am happy to upload it but i am not sure if it is a US version or what...I have an 08 model with V14 maps, i have not taken the disc out yet but do you know what Disk version that is suppose to be?....i dont think the loading.kwi file will work if it is from the US....I would love to get this working, can you please tell me when you do it

Hi Raoul,

I would say that it would work, but you would find differences to the Au version. ie, menu spelling, units etc! As it upgrades firmware with out intervention, I would say that each release would be region dependant. I don't think that there would be NVMs that could be changed post installation. Safe bet, let me source the V12 disk so We can utilise it from that!! Will definately keep y'all posted. (Time is the killer for me at the moment!!)

I now have V14 that I burnt onto a DL DVD-R, and appears to work, but haven't tried it out on the road. It just automatically did the firmware update and then came up at my home address. :P

I have attached 2 pictures showing the use of the extraction pins when removing the clock facia. You need to make sure they go all the way in, and then the face comes out very easily.

I hope it helps someone. I know cevu was concerned pushing or forcing the pins, not much force is needed as they just need to slide past the holding clips.

post-1882-1219296901_thumb.jpgpost-1882-1219296927_thumb.jpg

Noob question, so is that mean I actually have to unscrew the clock facia and put the v14 DVD in? I'm about to download v14 :huh:

I now have V14 that I burnt onto a DL DVD-R, and appears to work, but haven't tried it out on the road. It just automatically did the firmware update and then came up at my home address. :P

I have attached 2 pictures showing the use of the extraction pins when removing the clock facia. You need to make sure they go all the way in, and then the face comes out very easily.

I hope it helps someone. I know cevu was concerned pushing or forcing the pins, not much force is needed as they just need to slide past the holding clips.

Noob question, so is that mean I actually have to unscrew the clock facia and put the v14 DVD in? I'm about to download v14 :huh:

If you follow Blueys pics you will notice that there are no screws, only latchs that get released with the tool supplied. If you have downloaded the complete V14 and burnt it correctly, yes it should work. Should remind you at this stage that you are doing this as a test with the intention to purchase!! ;) (Be carefull what you download, what size is it approx??)

If you follow Blueys pics you will notice that there are no screws, only latchs that get released with the tool supplied. If you have downloaded the complete V14 and burnt it correctly, yes it should work. Should remind you at this stage that you are doing this as a test with the intention to purchase!! ;) (Be carefull what you download, what size is it approx??)

the download should be about 1.4GB in a rar format. once unrared it is about 5.1 or so gb and will need to be burnt on a DL-DVD.

again, going back to what projectis said. should be used as a test only with the intention to purchase!

the download should be about 1.4GB in a rar format. once unrared it is about 5.1 or so gb and will need to be burnt on a DL-DVD.

again, going back to what projectis said. should be used as a test only with the intention to purchase!

Damn straight!!! <_<

Damn straight!!! <_<

Definitely interested in this thread. Please keep us all posted! :)

No probs yep.

1.3GB, sounds about right? So i can basically just detach it and there should be a v12 DVD already in there? I don't play the DVD like normal to update?

No probs yep.

1.3GB, sounds about right? So i can basically just detach it and there should be a v12 DVD already in there? I don't play the DVD like normal to update?

Just remove the current disc and replace with the new one. The update happens automatically :P

1.3GB, sounds about right?

The image I got comes to about 5.something GB, which means a dual layer. It was a UDF Bridge formatted disc, so there's a 1.2-1.3GB ISO partition at the start of the disc (for compatibility with older Windows) followed by the ~4GB UDF partition that holds most of the data. From memory, the Australian map data files came to over 3GB.

That said, I don't know if that's just because of the way the disc image was taken, or if that's the way the retail disc is. When I get home tonight, I'll check my retail v12 and see if it's the same or not.

The image I got comes to about 5.something GB, which means a dual layer. It was a UDF Bridge formatted disc, so there's a 1.2-1.3GB ISO partition at the start of the disc (for compatibility with older Windows) followed by the ~4GB UDF partition that holds most of the data. From memory, the Australian map data files came to over 3GB.

That said, I don't know if that's just because of the way the disc image was taken, or if that's the way the retail disc is. When I get home tonight, I'll check my retail v12 and see if it's the same or not.

Cool, thanks for letting us know. Still downloading at the moment so can't tell yet, as far as I see it's been rar up to 24 parts approx 58mb each, but having reading what you said, 5.xGB ... tempted to stop downloading. Found the torrent in mininova.org. :huh:

Cool, thanks for letting us know. Still downloading at the moment so can't tell yet, as far as I see it's been rar up to 24 parts approx 58mb each, but having reading what you said, 5.xGB ... tempted to stop downloading. Found the torrent in mininova.org. :huh:

mininova.........say no more!! I would stop the download, we all know about the integrity of some of the stuff there!!! (Thats what I think anyway!!!) ;)

You've got the right one (this is the one I got). Believe it or not, the 1.3GB of rar files expands to a 5.28GB Nero image file (.nrg). You definitely need dual layer. Also, learn from the three coasters I made and burn with Nero at 4x speed. I burnt coasters on my Macs (Toast can supposedly read Nero images) and my IS250 didn't like it burnt at 8x speed.

You've got the right one (this is the one I got). Believe it or not, the 1.3GB of rar files expands to a 5.28GB Nero image file (.nrg). You definitely need dual layer. Also, learn from the three coasters I made and burn with Nero at 4x speed. I burnt coasters on my Macs (Toast can supposedly read Nero images) and my IS250 didn't like it burnt at 8x speed.

Not much seed at the moment, after i've completely downloaded and extract the rar file i'll ask for your help again if i'm stuck :lol:

Not much seed at the moment, after i've completely downloaded and extract the rar file i'll ask for your help again if i'm stuck :lol:

I've reseeded mine for you. Hope it helps. :P

I should of known that all you guys got it from the same place!! :blink: Am I the only one that finds and DL's "incomplete and dodgy" stuff from Mininova!! Hence I steer clear from there and stick to my beloved,"reliable" torrent sites!!