• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, does anyone know what will happen if i click on DVD Map and insert the DVD?

Not sure what you mean?? Have you ejected the original yet??

Actually, let me re ask that. What have you done thus far?? You have finished burning the disk??

actually, does anyone know what will happen if i click on DVD Map and insert the DVD?

Not sure what you mean?? Have you ejected the original yet??

Actually, let me re ask that. What have you done thus far?? You have finished burning the disk??

Yep, and finally found the tool to remove the clock, got the DVD out. Everything is working now, from v13 to v14 :rolleyes:

Wonder when is v15 gonna come out hmmm.

Ok, a friend of mine has the old version with the overide hack working, we tested it and it worked. I have V14 software, so i am going to create a hybrid cd soon...will keep you posted....

You beat me to the punch. Im still waiting to source V12. I missed one on Ebay couple of nights ago. Cevu, I might take you up on your earlier offer if it still stands. can I PM u my address details or organise to meet up somewhere>?

Keep us posted Raoul & I will do the same!!

I'm in the midst of downloading 1.4.

It's at 86.4% but there are only 2 seeds left....please...oh please...let it finish!!! :)

If you guys still need 1.2 PM me.

i got v14 a few weeks back. Worked fine - After going to the effort of ejecting the original disc I found that it was also v14. So I wasted my time.

Once you unrar the file make sure you write it at a slow speed ie 4x on a dual layer dvd. Hardest bit was getting the face plate off with the two pin tools in the tool kit. I was worried about pushing too hard...once you get if off and see it is just metal clips that need to be bent flat to get the face place off it is pretty hard to damage anything. Now waiting for version 15 to come out

I'm in the midst of downloading 1.4.

It's at 86.4% but there are only 2 seeds left....please...oh please...let it finish!!! :)

If you guys still need 1.2 PM me.

i got v14 a few weeks back. Worked fine - After going to the effort of ejecting the original disc I found that it was also v14. So I wasted my time.

Once you unrar the file make sure you write it at a slow speed ie 4x on a dual layer dvd. Hardest bit was getting the face plate off with the two pin tools in the tool kit. I was worried about pushing too hard...once you get if off and see it is just metal clips that need to be bent flat to get the face place off it is pretty hard to damage anything. Now waiting for version 15 to come out

yeah, i was so nervous when i was taking mine off. just wouldn't come out. took me about 30 minutes to work up the courage to give it more pressure.

waiting for v15 too, but can't really complain as i just moved from v12 to v14 and that gave me the cross city tunnel & m7 :-)

Hey Guys,

Someone please tell me how do i remove the map dvd. I looked at the posts, pictures and car manual, i am finding it extremely hard.....a question, do you push the tools all the way in till you cant push in anymore? and where in the world is this clip under/behind the emergency light button?......

someone please give me a step by step method

Someone please tell me how do i remove the map dvd. I looked at the posts, pictures and car manual, i am finding it extremely hard.....a question, do you push the tools all the way in till you cant push in anymore? and where in the world is this clip under/behind the emergency light button?......

someone please give me a step by step method

I couldn't find any notch/clip under the emergency flasher button. What I did was gently push the probes all the way in. You will meet some resistance at one point, just keep gently applying pressure until they go all the way in.

Don't forget that they go in at a slight angle (ie: with the handles both leaning slightly in, towards each other). I'm assuming you've read the Howto thread here? There's a couple of pictures in the PDF that show how to insert them.

Once they're all the way in, the easiest way I found was to spread the probes outward, so the tips are then starting to apply slight pressure inward, essentially "gripping" the inside of the fascia in a pincer-type grip. While maintaining this opposite pressure, gently work the fascia out by pulling back on one probe then the other, the same as if you were "walking" a heavy washing machine out from a wall (sorry - best I could come up with).

EDIT: I just put a video file up, showing how I removed the clock fascia. Check the third post in the Howto.

Thank you Krovan, really much appreciated for the video....i have not done it yet but thats the way i will do it now, i dont know what in the world the book is talking about with regards to the clip and a flat head screw....i almost broke the fascia and button....

by the way, i have both versions of the dvd, V12 and V14....silly me didnt realise that i had V12 in my mums Toyota Camry all this time..lol........

i am going to try that hybrid cd and let you guys know.....

thanks again for the video, really appreciated

I couldn't find any notch/clip under the emergency flasher button.

The bottom of the hazard light button has an indent to allow you to get some leverage to pull the facia out.

Kinda like a fingernail notch to remove a battery cover on your TV remote control.

Having said that, once I got the removal pins into the right position the facia just came away easily with the pins. I didn't need to use the button notch. :P

• 3 years later...
I now have V14 that I burnt onto a DL DVD-R, and appears to work, but haven't tried it out on the road. It just automatically did the firmware update and then came up at my home address. :P I have attached 2 pictures showing the use of the extraction pins when removing the clock facia. You need to make sure they go all the way in, and then the face comes out very easily. I hope it helps someone. I know cevu was concerned pushing or forcing the pins, not much force is needed as they just need to slide past the holding clips. post-1882-1219296901_thumb.jpgpost-1882-1219296927_thumb.jpg

Hi all

I am new here

Where do I find these 2 probes, please ?

Many thanks

Terry :unsure:

Even a set of jewellers screwdrivers or some thin but stiff wire will work. As long as you can stick something through the holes to a depth of around 1 inch, that should be all that's needed to pull out the fascia.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys how can i update my nav maps?

i know that i need that updating DVD, so does anyone have one or a copy of it ?

If anyone has "a copy of" a later version of maps than your own, then it's only for their own backup purposes.

If you want to ask whether you can buy someone's DVD, you'll need to make ten posts before asking in the "Buy and Sell" forum.

Alternatively, try EBay or whereismaps.com. (The latter currently doesn't seem to sell an update for Lexus - presumably because a new version is only a month or two away.)

• 5 months later...

I have V20 too - did yours have a "loading new maps" screen. I remember that would happen whenever I would update maps on my old Toyota but it didn't happen with the Lex?