Was at Lexus today having some work done to my brakes and I asked about the availability of Maps V16.

Still not available but they have dropped the price of V15 from $399 to $325. :angry:

Dont mind paying for a service, but $325 for an upgrade is highway robbery.

thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

A friendly reminder that any discussion around software reproduction for the purpose of re-distribution will not be tolerated here on this forum. As you are all aware, no problems with making personal backups so please limit your discussions to that!

Any questions, please let me know!!!

Thanks in advance guys!

If someone has V16 original DVD, can't you just make a copy?

I have V16 :D

when was it released?

It hasn't been released. Trick is - all new Lexus cars come with it but the separate $396 AUD version of it will be released within next few weeks so yes - if you own a new Lexus you will have the V16 in it.

It hasn't been released. Trick is - all new Lexus cars come with it but the separate $396 AUD version of it will be released within next few weeks so yes - if you own a new Lexus you will have the V16 in it.

Thats correct.....

ok. i assume that will go for toyotas too...but at this stage the only way to get it is to buy a new car? lol..sounds expensive.

ok. i assume that will go for toyotas too...but at this stage the only way to get it is to buy a new car? lol..sounds expensive.

Nothing to panic about. Give or take few weeks and it will be available for separate sale. Its not like it will take 6-12 months etc. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Tim,

The toolkit pouch is in the boot under the false floor. Let me know if you can't find it and i will be more descriptive!!

Found it in the pouch really hide there in the middle~~~ haha, job done, thanks a lot guys!

Edited by Tony Xu

spoke to a lexus tech a few weeks ago, he said the latest version doesnt even have the clem 7 tunnel or new gateway bridge mapped in as yet and would be best to wait till the end of this year for the next version to come out. Thats for those guys who are from brisbane.

• 4 weeks later...

google was and is always my first point of call...

but had great difficulty finding Aussie v16 maps...

ill give that first one a crack and see what happens, have downloaded 2 so far and neither worked...

edit: correction, both worked but were not australian maps... even tho the title said australian

google was and is always my first point of call...

but had great difficulty finding Aussie v16 maps...

ill give that first one a crack and see what happens, have downloaded 2 so far and neither worked...

edit: correction, both worked but were not australian maps... even tho the title said australian

Just got it. it STILL doesn't have all the westgate upgrades, which makes me wonder what else it doesn't have.

Yes, so it all works fine... (thank you very much for your help)

At first I used a dvd-r and the screen just said invalid disc...

So i burnt it again to a DVD+R and see worked in no time at all (about 30 seconds)...

Also updated the LC200 Sahara while I was at it...

I am a bit disapointed my street is still not on V16, its been here for over a year now...

Oh well guess ill have to wait for V17 before I can use the "home" button :P

• 1 month later...

My tip is, don't snap the tool like I did :(

Once you shove them both in, just work it out gently by rocking side to side.

I did the same, and the snapped end put a large scratch on the panel.. I've ordered some plastic polish to try and buff it out :-/

Damn, that sucks... I guess the tools aren't as strong as they could be. Fortunately it looks like a decent toothpick or thin screwdriver would still do the trick.

Damn, that sucks... I guess the tools aren't as strong as they could be. Fortunately it looks like a decent toothpick or thin screwdriver would still do the trick.

Yeah, but it's only on the clock panel, not the rest of the fascia, thankfully!

Worst case scenario, I buy a new clock panel... I'm a little fussy like that :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
i still cant get this damn thing out pissing me off now lol
So you've inserted the two picks and a flat-blade screwdriver as per the instructions on the first post of this thread?