• 2 months later...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whereis V20 can now be downloaded, but requires DVD-R DL (double layer) disks - the ISO file size is just a little too big for the standard disk (4.7GB). The GPS took a bit longer to verfiy the DVD but worked fine first time (on 2010 IS250 SL) - should probably work the same on most models.

For those in Sydney I've got a stack of DVD+R DL discs that worked fine for me.

As a side note, I got too excited this time around and broke one of the tools to undo the clips...it was not a fun day.

• 2 months later...

I updated my maps effortlessly to V20 from V17 on my 2010 IS250 after locating where the two picks were :)

As the ISO was too large to fit onto a SL DVD, I had to remove the file LOADING.KWI from the ISO, recompile it using PowerISO, and then burn it onto a DVD+R SL at slower speeds (x4). The DVD worked first time I popped it in.

• Like 1

I updated my maps effortlessly to V20 from V17 on my 2010 IS250 after locating where the two picks were :)

As the ISO was too large to fit onto a SL DVD, I had to remove the file LOADING.KWI from the ISO, recompile it using PowerISO, and then burn it onto a DVD+R SL at slower speeds (x4). The DVD worked first time I popped it in.

I've tried what you suggested and followed all the steps, Gshyoung - but didn't use PowererISO - have used a freebie JihoSoft ISO Maker - the resulting ISO is only 2.08Gb - while the original ISO was 4.68Gb - seems a bit weird. Since I don't know how to compare the maps of one version against another, not sure what to do next!!:-(

RustyJarz and Wind Chaser, swapping information about pirated Maps is not permitted on this Forum, so can't help you, I'm afraid. Sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RotorRian said:

Im down with getting the latest maps too...

yeah me too...

I do have a suggestion and that is if we all chipped in to buy the official Maps DVD and then 'back it up'. Obviously a trust based system is needed. 

Uhhh....I got the Whereis V20 ISO file. Haven't burnt it to a disc yet to test. Mainly since I don't have the tools yet to eject the drive bay cover.

Apparently the tool picks are already located in the car somewhere?

12 hours ago, rad250 said:

In the tool kit in the boot.

If you get it to work ill pay you for a copy?

Well I found the tools. Got the panel open real easy. Didn't even have to pry it open :)

If Plankton can source one for members that'd be great.

However, I'll burn a few copies and test the copy I have just in case others want it.

9 hours ago, plankton007 said:

To be honest the Lexus Navigation system and route guidance is quite horrible.

Not sure the updated maps would solve much.

I do agree, it does feel clunky. I've tried the 3rd Gen IS and the feel of the joystick is very figgity as well IMO.