Some more light on the IS coupe and convertible and the sport will come with leather early next year but they are being held back by Europe on the IS350 coming to oz.

I don't understand lexus sometimes when you can choose heaps of engines in bmw audi and mercs and very close pricing between models and lexus is-f is a $70000 extra on top of the luxury IS250 nothing in between.

Bye the time lexus pulls they their finger out the model would have finish their model run.

They are so slow on releasing models 2005 to 2009 for the coupe when other car mobs have been released a long time ago.

I do not want to upgrade to another IS250 i want the IS350 because the IS-F will to dear.

ANY HOW HERE'S THE LINKS TO THOSE ARTICLES.

UPDATE IS-F

IS250 COUPE ARTICLE

MORE ON UPDATED IS-F

I can tell you now, there's no way my next car is a "facelifted" copy of what I already have. My last car was a 350Z and, for my first foray into the Lexus market, I thought I'd start small and see how it went. I'm happy to say that I haven't had any regrets yet.

Now, I've had a chubby for the IS F since I first heard about it, but I'm flat out not interested unless I can save $10k-$15k over the C63 (it's AMG-tuned for cryin' out loud). Frankly, if the C63 is sub-$140k and the M3 is ~$145k, Lexus is only going keep me interested if the F comes in at around $130k.

i'd love a little more power but am not willing to shell out 70K on top of my IS250 (more now when you factor in depreciation).

shame on the IS350, would have picked that up for sure. no doubt about it!

i'd love a little more power but am not willing to shell out 70K on top of my IS250 (more now when you factor in depreciation).

shame on the IS350, would have picked that up for sure. no doubt about it!

Ditto

Well said!!!

Seriously though, have you guys checked out the runs between the is350's and the 3 series BMWS on youtube. There is one up against an M3 from memory! the IS350 just launched!!! Not bad for what it is!!(it's not a V8 with an 8speed, still damn good though)!! I will be keen!!

thats why i want want so much. there are some awesome clips of it on youtube.

a fast car that looks good, rides comfortably and doesn't scream please race me. i want!

the worse thing is that all news articles don't say its a 100% no and they always leave a little hope. it's killing me. i'm hoping they do eventually bring it out. like the IS300 it could just come out late. from what i've been told by sales reps at both parramatta and chatswood it's very unlikely as the market is not there and sales for the IS300 were not good so they don't have a stong case for the 350. but i say c'mon Lexus, IS250 owners will NOT pay another 70K+ for a car that is simply too similiar to what we already have.

I've also had a talk to both the Sales and the service guys in Chatswood and they reckon that the IS350 is not going to happen. That's a real shame as I can see myself trading up for an IS350 but can't see myself forking out $120K (which is the indicative price that my Chatswood guy said) for an ISF. I like the idea of the ISF (big V8 and M3 competitor), but to me...and I know this is controversial...it's kinda UGLY! Someone beat it's face with the ugly stick (and yes I know it's because they had to shoehorn a great big V8 into an area that wasn't desinged for it).

it's kinda UGLY!

Really? I thought it looked pretty good myself. At least, I won't be making any decisions until I clap eyes on it and get a definitive price...

Well I wouldn't say UGLY! Perhaps the front end isn't as pleasing to the eye as our lower profile IS250 front! They do both still have a "Mean" look from the front I reakon! Anyway, I like em both!! I have a publication sitting on my desk @ the office that always gets people asking questions. It has the FiveAxis IS-F on the front cover. Love it, or hate it, in the matt black and with that front end, looks bloody mean!!

FiveAxis's IS-F

Some more light on the IS coupe and convertible and the sport will come with leather early next year but they are being held back by Europe on the IS350 coming to oz.

I don't understand lexus sometimes when you can choose heaps of engines in bmw audi and mercs and very close pricing between models and lexus is-f is a $70000 extra on top of the luxury IS250 nothing in between.

Bye the time lexus pulls they their finger out the model would have finish their model run.

They are so slow on releasing models 2005 to 2009 for the coupe when other car mobs have been released a long time ago.

I do not want to upgrade to another IS250 i want the IS350 because the IS-F will to dear.

ANY HOW HERE'S THE LINKS TO THOSE ARTICLES.

UPDATE IS-F

IS250 COUPE ARTICLE

MORE ON UPDATED IS-F

Morning all,

I am an aussie based in the US and have just joined this forum. I was looking to see what information on the IS F you guys had, and couldn't find much. I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of the major US Lexus forums which have an enormous amount of IS F information and discussion, with many links to comparison articles with M3 and C63.

Check these out:

http://www.clublexus.com

http://my.is

I have driven the IS F many times both on-road and on the track, and it is so far different from the IS250, you wouldn't believe it. This car is amazing!

Hope this helps

I have to give it to Lexus for producing IS F. It's obviously wanted to shake up this part of the market and it has done well so far in the US, but i feel this category will not only be won with figures, you need pedigree, brand and history to go with it. Lexus unfortunatey will score low in these departments. I'm sure Lexus won't mind though given the fact that this is their frist time in the erana.

I have to give it to Lexus for producing IS F. It's obviously wanted to shake up this part of the market and it has done well so far in the US, but i feel this category will not only be won with figures, you need pedigree, brand and history to go with it. Lexus unfortunatey will score low in these departments. I'm sure Lexus won't mind though given the fact that this is their frist time in the erana.

its getting really tempting now.........

my 250 feels slower and slower the more i drive it!

Morning all,

I am an aussie based in the US and have just joined this forum. I was looking to see what information on the IS F you guys had, and couldn't find much. I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of the major US Lexus forums which have an enormous amount of IS F information and discussion, with many links to comparison articles with M3 and C63.

Check these out:

I have driven the IS F many times both on-road and on the track, and it is so far different from the IS250, you wouldn't believe it. This car is amazing!

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

You are correct in thinking we don't have much info available in Au. Its all speculation at the moment on when we will see the IS-F. Lexus don't have the market share in Australia like the US. As a result, you will see that all our members have utilised forums like "Club Lexus" and "My.IS" at some stage or another as bibles. I guess we have all read about it, we just need to experience it like yourself to see if indeed it will compete with both the C or M class cars!!

Off topic, what do you drive?? Are you a member of CL?? Are you involved with sales for LEXUS?? <_<

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

You are correct in thinking we don't have much info available in Au. Its all speculation at the moment on when we will see the IS-F. Lexus don't have the market share in Australia like the US. As a result, you will see that all our members have utilised forums like "Club Lexus" and "My.IS" at some stage or another as bibles. I guess we have all read about it, we just need to experience it like yourself to see if indeed it will compete with both the C or M class cars!!

Off topic, what do you drive?? Are you a member of CL?? Are you involved with sales for LEXUS?? <_<

on second though as tempting as it is i got my finance quote for the is-f.

just a tad over 2600 a month based on 160K.

think i'll give this one a miss,

plus that sort of money gets too close to a nissan gtr!

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

I drive a 2008 IS350. Very nice car, plenty of go and handles pretty well, although I can confirm the IS F is a very different BEAST. I'm not a member of C/Lexus although know a few of them. I just have a few connections within Lexus USA. Also, from what I know the IS F is outselling the M3 sedan and C63 by approx 50% and 70% respectively. I think it has definitely surprised a few people in BMW and MB!!

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

Don't write it off just yet. I would hope the IS F in Aust. would be well below $160k. Also, for as awesome as the new GTR is, it is still only a two seater and is very much a track car. IMO, the IS F is a perfect daily driver, and can roll straight on to the track and perform pretty well.

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

Don't write it off just yet. I would hope the IS F in Aust. would be well below $160k. Also, for as awesome as the new GTR is, it is still only a two seater and is very much a track car. IMO, the IS F is a perfect daily driver, and can roll straight on to the track and perform pretty well.

my final opinion would be based upon price. but from the reviews i've read pretty much revieewer says the is-f is too harsh. guess i'll have to wait and see once it lands here in nov. concidentally my 25th birthday is in nov.

c'mon guys, chip in and get the b'day boy a pressie he'll never forget, haha....... :-)

Totally agree on lack of power. IS250 ONLY enough for road use, for overtaking it still lacks power, especially on low rev.

I took the car down to Easter Creek a few days ago and I can only manage to drift out of a corner, can't do it full drift.

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

my final opinion would be based upon price. but from the reviews i've read pretty much revieewer says the is-f is too harsh. guess i'll have to wait and see once it lands here in nov. concidentally my 25th birthday is in nov.

c'mon guys, chip in and get the b'day boy a pressie he'll never forget, haha....... :-)

So we have a young'n amongst us!!! I can remember when I was 25!!! Memories!! Just kidding, I ain't that far off!! I don't think!!

Yeh sure!! I tell ya what, I seen some pretty cool models on Ebay!! :D

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

So we have a young'n amongst us!!! I can remember when I was 25!!! Memories!! Just kidding, I ain't that far off!! I don't think!!

so how old is everyone else in this forum?

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

so how old is everyone else in this forum?

Considering that I started the "G up", I guess I will start,........... Im 33 this year..! <_<

Go on, start the off topic.... you know you want to!!!

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

I drive a 2008 IS350. Very nice car, plenty of go and handles pretty well, although I can confirm the IS F is a very different BEAST. I'm not a member of C/Lexus although know a few of them. I just have a few connections within Lexus USA. Also, from what I know the IS F is outselling the M3 sedan and C63 by approx 50% and 70% respectively. I think it has definitely surprised a few people in BMW and MB!!

Well it definately created a storm when we first heard about it." What, an 8 speed box with an 8" "and in a sim shell to the IS250". I tell you what, performance wise, I'd be full of it if I said that I wasn't impressed with the claimed power. Especially thinking that its in a relatively light weight base.

Just price wise in Australia, its hard to get that excited when you think what else you can get in that price range!! Again, the price is only speculation @ the moment, we will have to wait and see. How much are they going for in the States?

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

Well it definately created a storm when we first heard about it." What, an 8 speed box with an 8" "and in a sim shell to the IS250". I tell you what, performance wise, I'd be full of it if I said that I wasn't impressed with the claimed power. Especially thinking that its in a relatively light weight base.

Just price wise in Australia, its hard to get that excited when you think what else you can get in that price range!! Again, the price is only speculation @ the moment, we will have to wait and see. How much are they going for in the States?

The MSRP is ~US$57k... and approx US$60k with Navi / Levinson. But then the IS250 manual is ~$30k ... vs ~$50 in Oz.

A couple of very cool facts ... upshifts in ~0.1 secs (ferrari fast), engine blip on downshift, can chirp tyres from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, engine is relatively quiet till 3600rpm, then roars like a true V8 as 2nd stage intake comes into play. Gears 7 and 8 are really only for fuel economy.

I am 36.

Morning all,

Check these out:

Hope this helps

Lexpat99,

The MSRP is ~US$57k... and approx US$60k with Navi / Levinson. But then the IS250 manual is ~$30k ... vs ~$50 in Oz.

A couple of very cool facts ... upshifts in ~0.1 secs (ferrari fast), engine blip on downshift, can chirp tyres from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, engine is relatively quiet till 3600rpm, then roars like a true V8 as 2nd stage intake comes into play. Gears 7 and 8 are really only for fuel economy.

I am 36.

that sounds awesome. can't wait to see it land in oz. hope it holds up to expectations!