My dealer claims the is-f will be priced around 150k aus. They already have 22 on order for clients very keen to get hold of one.

I have an IS250 sports luxury, no mods as yet. age 33.

Pretty happy with the IS250, prior car was C200k with AMG sports kit. The merc still handled better on cornering etc, but the lexus is definately more luxurious. - to get all the options on the lexus on the C series merc with a V6 engine was going to cost around $170k so lexus is excellent value for money...just doesnt have the "brand name of a european car"

My dealer just contacted me yesterday to let me know of a forthcoming invitation to an unveiling of the IS F. He still doesn't have a firm price, so could only quote the predicted $150k. The scuttlebutt is that Lexus Australia have gone back to Lexus Japan, asking for permission to go to market with a more competitive price.

I said it earlier in this thread: I love the look and spec of the F but, if I can buy a C63 or an M3 sedan cheaper, why would I even consider it? IMHO, the Lexus marque has a way to go before they can price themselves in that segment of the market.

I don't know what colours comes with the F but giving it exclusive and limited in colours will add to its appeal. I truely think the cost of the F will be it's major setback. i mean the top spec model of the 250 now is what, 80K? I think 150K for the F although there is a world apart interms of performance is steep. I think the F will sell very well if it is prices around 135K.

I would love a black or dark silver/grey F.

it was rumored the price range will be around 120-130...

the new gtr's are actually on the road now..

the first grey imported models got registered yesterday..

selling around the 170K mark..

if the ISF is around 150K mark i know where my money is going..

it was rumored the price range will be around 120-130...

the new gtr's are actually on the road now..

the first grey imported models got registered yesterday..

selling around the 170K mark..

if the ISF is around 150K mark i know where my money is going..

i agree with ilv1004s.

150k is giving you many alternatives to consider.

and at official release by nissan next year if the gtr is about 160-170k then imho it offers better way better performance for your money.

8 speed auto vs twin-clutch automated-manual

v8 vs twin turbo v6

4.6 vs 3.8 0-100

i could go on but i think i've made my point!

I don't know about the GTR as an alternative. Like you can go that fast with our 60km/hr limits anyway lol. For anything over the 100K i would want name, prestige, looks, performance etc. Teh GTR doesn't have all this imo but that's just me. For 170K i would be getting i merc i think...make that an AMG one too.

I don't know about the GTR as an alternative. Like you can go that fast with our 60km/hr limits anyway lol. For anything over the 100K i would want name, prestige, looks, performance etc. Teh GTR doesn't have all this imo but that's just me. For 170K i would be getting i merc i think...make that an AMG one too.

gonna have to disagree with ya there mate..

the gtr is a giant killer.

it'll smash down cars that are twice or even more expensive..

it's 2 different markets.

is250 is a luxury car

ISF is a luxury car thats headed in the performance way.

it might not have the name but lexus is toyota afterall

prestige.. yeah not quite but who cars if u can tear up 911 turbos and lambo + ferrari's that cost atleast twice as much

Looks.. might not be your cuppa tea but seeing 1 in person it's a bloody massive car..it's wide or wider than the ferrair 360 modena that was next to it that i saw..

Performance..500 hp? 0-100/kmh 3.6 or under.. and 1/4 mile of 11's? out of the box.. thats bloody quick for a performance car that only cost 170K..

only thing that really comes close for performance wise from BMW or Merc is M5-M6 SL55? (straight line only)

the gtr will outhandle any of those big name guns

Luxury and performance dont go together..

only car thats good enough to pull it is the M3

is250 is a luxury car

prestige.. yeah not quite but who cars if u can tear up 911 turbos and lambo + ferrari's that cost atleast twice as much

Looks.. might not be your cuppa tea but seeing 1 in person it's a bloody massive car..it's wide or wider than the ferrair 360 modena that was next to it that i saw..

Performance..500 hp? 0-100/kmh 3.6 or under.. and 1/4 mile of 11's? out of the box.. thats bloody quick for a performance car that only cost 170K..

only thing that really comes close for performance wise from BMW or Merc is M5-M6 SL55? (straight line only)

haha....... ilv1004s looks like you and i have similiar opinions!

gtr is a great car based on spec and reviews. it also already has the reputation, but if by chance the is-f comes in under 140k i would save the 30k and go is-f. after experiencing the lexus level of service i can't imagine buying anything else. plus toyota reliability is also a plus! might be a bit bland in somes eyes, but hey........ if it's close enough to an M3 thats good enough for me.

i've got a 55K mercedes vito work van, which in my opinion is a lot of money for a VAN, but seeing how i spend my working week in it i wanted to be comfortable. from day 1 i have had problems with it and even more problems trying to get the dealer to fix them. only with pressure from my solicitor as well as dept of fair trading have i managed to get these issues resolved. instead of just fixing the problem they make a problem out of the original problem! my point is as nice as a van as it is, next time round i will buy toyata hiace. might be boring, not as comfy, choppy ride, underpowered etc..... but at least its RELIABLE!

hell, if they just bring the bloody is350 i'm sold. the gap in price between the is250 and is-f is way too much!

My neighbour saw an IS-F on the back of a truck today on Canterbury Road, Petersham, so the dealers are getting their demo models already.

And for all those non-believers and skeptics (which included me), he has an IS250 as well so he knows one Lexus from another and he said that although the car was covered, the electric blue colour from all the promotional materials, the large 19in wheels and the quad exhausts were unmistakable.

I never said anything about the GTR not being a valued for money supercar, to some (including me) it is still a Nissan, not a merc if you know what i mean. You will see the GTR on the streets but you won't see it drive like the way it was made to drive. $170K for a car that you can only drive 60, 70, 80-110 for 95% of the time when it was made to go 300km/hr just doesn't cut it for me no matter what. As for the other 5% of the time, i'm sure you would have times of your life but yeh that's only 5% lol

The GTR and the IS-F like ilv1004s says are in 2 different market segments.

If you look at all the comparisons done for the IS-F is is always compared against the M3, the C63 etc.

The GTR is clearly a performance car, if you look at all the noises from Nissan, they stated they had the Porsche 911 in their sights as the benchmark for the GTR.

I don't really see how you can compare the IS-F to the GTR, one is a fast luxury saloon, the other a performance sports car, plain and simple.

Incidently, there is a Top Gear clip on youtube of Jeremy Clarkson driving the GTR in Japan, which is quite funny and damn that car sounds and looks unreal.

is250 is a luxury car

gtr is a great car based on spec and reviews. it also already has the reputation, but if by chance the is-f comes in under 140k i would save the 30k and go is-f. after experiencing the lexus level of service i can't imagine buying anything else. plus toyota reliability is also a plus! might be a bit bland in somes eyes, but hey........ if it's close enough to an M3 thats good enough for me.

i've got a 55K mercedes vito work van, which in my opinion is a lot of money for a VAN, but seeing how i spend my working week in it i wanted to be comfortable. from day 1 i have had problems with it and even more problems trying to get the dealer to fix them. only with pressure from my solicitor as well as dept of fair trading have i managed to get these issues resolved. instead of just fixing the problem they make a problem out of the original problem! my point is as nice as a van as it is, next time round i will buy toyata hiace. might be boring, not as comfy, choppy ride, underpowered etc..... but at least its RELIABLE!

hell, if they just bring the bloody is350 i'm sold. the gap in price between the is250 and is-f is way too much!

ditto on that

why cant we get the US spec IS350!!!

it's a monster

is250 is a luxury car

ditto on that

why cant we get the US spec IS350!!!

it's a monster

i've been waiting for news of a 350 since i bought the 250 2+ years ago but have given up hope that it will ever make it here!

unless lexus really does something amazing with the next gen IS250 then unfortunately my next car will not be a lexus.

is250 is the only car in their range that in my opinion looks great!

as great as the 250 is it is very lacking on the freeway and there are no mods that can boost it to a decent amount of power (torque!)

The GTR and the IS-F like ilv1004s says are in 2 different market segments.

If you look at all the comparisons done for the IS-F is is always compared against the M3, the C63 etc.

The GTR is clearly a performance car, if you look at all the noises from Nissan, they stated they had the Porsche 911 in their sights as the benchmark for the GTR.

I don't really see how you can compare the IS-F to the GTR, one is a fast luxury saloon, the other a performance sports car, plain and simple.

Incidently, there is a Top Gear clip on youtube of Jeremy Clarkson driving the GTR in Japan, which is quite funny and damn that car sounds and looks unreal.

Just to add to what Art_76 mentioned, Top Gear season 11_episodes 4 & 5!! A must watch for those that haven't as yet. DL it from ya fav Torrent site!! ;) Great episodes!!! The car is quick!!!

If you're a Top Gear fan, you might also wanna get Fifth Gear. Some of the Original Top Gear journos went and started Fifth Gear when the first incarnation of TG got axed (years ago).

I watched this week's ep (season 14, ep 5) last night and not only did they track-compare the GTR against a Porsche 911 Turbo, but they did some track work with both the IS F and the new 4-door M3 sedan.

indeed...

lot of fun episode

theres another small show that i saw on youtube

had the new gtr up against the M3 and 911 gt3

M3 was hopeless and only thing that came close was the gt3 with semis on