Jump to content

Importing An Altezza To Australia?

Recommended Posts

Hi all, My names mark an im 17 in adelaide.

Basically i want my next car to be a Toyota Altezza rs200 (3sge beams) :P

I know that you cant import them straight from Japan because of some retarded rule but is there still a way to import one? or should i hire some1 to go and live in Japan for a year? Is there any other way of getting on isnot south Australia?

Also will it be able to be registered in south australia?

Thanks for any help, Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...


besides race/rally as ant has mentioned, it can only be done as a personal import.

As you sort of mentioned, you would have to own the car in Japan, and be in Japan for 12 months with proof of ownership/insurance/rego etc all in your name.

So it can be done, but it is a very long and costly exercise. Just depends how much you really want the car.

If you want more particluar information let me know.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

as above no you can't bring a car over unless it has been privately owned for a minimum of 12 months. if you really want one just get an engine conversion done a lot less hassle but still expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...