• 2 months later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tonight, 6:50pm at chatswood

Black IS250 with heavily tinted windows, yellow fogs, 18" Sport rims, roof spoiler, lip spoiler, and it sounded like it had an exhaust when it took off, but it didnt really look like it did from behind

i was right next to whoever it was at the lights, with 2 friends in my car

mines a SGM IS250 with 18" Sport rims

also the guy was asian

im thinking it was danny, but i've never seen your car before!!!

but it did look like your car from what i saw

yeh, definatley think it was you!!!

i said to my friends "i think his from the lexus forum"

but u went straight and i turned right

i heard you floor it down the road, nice sound man

i think you were wearing a white shirt

are those tints legal?? :P

and are those fogs just vinyl??

nice car!

if you on my right i was gonna say "NICE CAR BRO" but you werent and u took off too fast!

LOL

ohhh

niiice!!!

ive kinda realised with our cars, it sounds like a "growl" above 3000, but then it turns kinda high pitched after 4.5K

i <3 your lights, will be getting a pair sooner or later

and do u have different tips? or a axle back exhaust??

thanks for the info!!

and that tint was niiiice

but i cant be doing that, cops already sus me out for being on my P's in a Lexus

they pulled me over and told me to turn off my fogs (which i completely forgot about) and they were the cockiest *BLEEPS*

first they say "turn those lights off! or i'll give you a fine and take your license"

i forgot about em, so i said "wat lights? my headlights? bro its night, i need em"

i heard one of em swear at me and my friends (in their cars) and then he came back from his car, shoved his flashlight in my face and "HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT??!!"

so i told him "i actually quite like it, can u keep it there" and then that pissed em off so they left

anyway, that was my first encounter with cops and hope its my last!!

ohhh

niiice!!!

ive kinda realised with our cars, it sounds like a "growl" above 3000, but then it turns kinda high pitched after 4.5K

i <3 your lights, will be getting a pair sooner or later

and do u have different tips? or a axle back exhaust??

thanks for the info!!

and that tint was niiiice

but i cant be doing that, cops already sus me out for being on my P's in a Lexus

they pulled me over and told me to turn off my fogs (which i completely forgot about) and they were the cockiest *BLEEPS*

first they say "turn those lights off! or i'll give you a fine and take your license"

i forgot about em, so i said "wat lights? my headlights? bro its night, i need em"

i heard one of em swear at me and my friends (in their cars) and then he came back from his car, shoved his flashlight in my face and "HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT??!!"

so i told him "i actually quite like it, can u keep it there" and then that pissed em off so they left

anyway, that was my first encounter with cops and hope its my last!!

to be honest cops will do that to you if your a P plater

doesnt really matter if your in a lexus or not

if u got mates in your car then they'll pull u over

Also your attitude towards them will not help either

just dont respond to their provoking

just say your sorry and dont talk back

if they really wanted to get you

they would have defected you on the spot

i heard of a P plater in his dads brand new commodore that got defected due to the fact he was being smart with them

The cop was actually pretty good to you...the law states you should have been given an $84 fine that incurs 1 demerit point for being a tool with your fog lights on when there is no fog.

He let you off. You should be thankful.

A tough cop would have put you through the mincer just for your attitude.

The cop was actually pretty good to you...the law states you should have been given an $84 fine that incurs 1 demerit point for being a tool with your fog lights on when there is no fog.

He let you off. You should be thankful.

A tough cop would have put you through the mincer just for your attitude.

true that

but could have got away with yesterday as it rained

lol

but honestly i think most cops are alright

just those few ruin it for the rest of em

kinda like any "group or organisation"

i've met some pretty nice cops,

last weekend me and my friends were around our cars (at wahroongah) just talking and these two cops came up and talked about cars and all that for quite a while

and i was being a "tool"??

i forgot about em, cuz there WAS FOG and it was slightly raining that night at turramurra then i drove to chatswood where i forgot i still had em on

i think jakes is talking about the talking back to the cops

Rule no.1

Never talk back to the cop

if they say u did something sorry

dont fight back

just say sorry you wont do it again

and they'll let u off most of the time

they just want to show who runs the show

Actually not what I was talking about but I agree with you Danny

the law states you should have been given an $84 fine that incurs 1 demerit point for being a tool with your fog lights on when there is no fog

In the eyes of the law you're being a tool...so you get pulled over.

Same as the law states I get a fine if I'm being a tool and speeding.

Being a tool/idiot/hoon is what we're all doing when we get pulled over. Wouldn't get pulled over otherwise.

Don't take it personally k2sty1...its just an expression.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this IS250 near Sydney airport last month:

http://www.queenstsmash.com.au/qs-custom/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=1

Unique, I'll say. But it kinda looks like woodgrain to me ... so opinions are bound to be, well, polarised.

ive seen this car in person. moey the owner did it for his wife as he cruises in his ferrari.

the photos dont do this car justice. cherry red, and it doesnt look like woodgrain in person. it looks sexy.

Rule no.1

Never talk back to the cop

if they say u did something sorry

dont fight back

just say sorry you wont do it again

and they'll let u off most of the time

they just want to show who runs the show

Actually, I can speak from Experience here,

I had my IS-F about 2 weeks, and on a drive to Castle Hill, I found my self behind a Cop in His Purple SS. He dropped off the road just to let me pass then jump on the wailer.

I pulled in off the road but positioned myself so that he was parked across someones drive way. B) Then he came to my window wearing Tom Cruises Glasses from Top Gun, and said, Did you know that having your Fog lights on is a $84 fine and 1 demerit point.. i then replyed, oh is it ,? Sweet!

I said well that being the case, lucky I dont have my fogs lights on , in fact this car doesnt have fog lights.!! :D He then got a tad upset and said, yes the little lights at the bottom of your bumper, I said they were Driving lights and that Fog lights were in fact Yellow as per sold on JDM cars where they have bad fogs. and that mine were in fact slight blue lights, and that i worked in mining and we follow a "be safe be seen " motto, and i was doing my part in reducing the road toll.(followed by a slight smile)

He then knew i had him cause he dropped it , and asked for my licence and when i asked why did i do something wrong, he stated that heaps of this model get stolen and he wanted to do a rego check .

He then walked to his car on to return and ask me what was it i was driving.? ( i thought heaps of them get stolen??)

He then didnt bother doing the rego check , just looked at my DOB (im 28) and the car and said something was wrong and that a young person shouldnt hav such a car.

I said i work hard for my money , and so i enjoy my toys.!

He finished up our convo with a smile and "have a great day mate" :rolleyes:

True Story !

The actual infringement isn't for Fog lights it is a bit more general, as follows:

VEHICLE LIGHTS

Use/allow use of light on/in vehicle likely/to dazzle $86 1 point

Road Rules 2008

Rule 219

That allows a fairly vague interpretation by the cops unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Spotted this amazing black IS250 driving down near Concord Rd this morning. This thing was HOT.......It had MAZZURI HEADERS - TAKEDA INTAKE - TANABE EXHAUST - GFX - 6000K HID KIT - ANGEL EYES - SMD FOGS - LED TAIL LIGHTS - 18" RIMS + EAGLE F1'S - SLOTTED/CROSSDRILLED ROTORS - JUN-TW STRUT BAR - SHARK FIN...........HAHA

Nice one Justin!!! Didn't get time to do the traditional high beam.....Although u wouldn't probably take notice of a near stocker!!!

hahahaha

well i spotted a White IS-F with black rims near chatswood

TEIN sticker on the back window with another one on the rear driver side skirt

had custom plates aswell, black background

looked HOT!

tried to have a better look but it took off down penthurst street and i think it went to the lexus service centre

anyone on here own it??

hahahahaha

thats probably mee, LOL

u see my LED parkers??

didnt see your one tho...

oh wait, my mum took it last night

last it near that cafe place that opens till like 3am?

they got some good iced chocolate there, lol

get a club sticker!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hahahahahaha

saw a IS-F at kirribilli a few days ago (silver colour)

and saw a black IS250 with green P's near parramatta last week

the IS250 had LED ISF tails, some sort of lip kit, exhaust