Eversince my first sat in the Is, i felt the seat is too soft and to my body it's not a great fitting...and not sporty although i think Lexus has advertised them to be sports seats. Anyway i was looking at the IS-F and it's seats. I guess judgement is reserved till i get to sit it one BUT looking at it, it's anything BUT sporty especially for such a car. Comparing to the RS-4, and C63 the F's seat is below par (on par with the M3) i.m.o.

What do u guys think?

amd_lexus-seats.jpg

RS-4

audi_rs4_05.jpg

You have an IS-F? lol

Not yet but I drove one for about 2 hours yesterday in the morning and the seats felt pretty good to me, especially with the tighter sports suspension on the IS-F it still felt comfortable and snug when throwing the car around corners and roundabouts around the Botany area.

You have an IS-F? lol

Not yet but I drove one for about 2 hours yesterday in the morning and the seats felt pretty good to me, especially with the tighter sports suspension on the IS-F it still felt comfortable and snug when throwing the car around corners and roundabouts around the Botany area.

I was going to post yesterday to find out how you went!!

And the verdict is..........................................................????? Will we see a youtube Vid from U soon???

You have an IS-F? lol

And the verdict is..........................................................????? Will we see a youtube Vid from U soon???

The IS-F is just awesome. The engine and the gearbox are absolutely brilliant. The V8 engine is a beast and pulls in any gear, the gearbox is also something special, the best thing about it is the fact it will switch from auto to semi-auto with a flick of a paddle. Those that have ever tried VW's DSG gearbox will know what I mean. You can be driving along in auto nicely and apart from the deep rumble coming out of the back it is no different to driving an IS250, however as soon as a bit of room opens up ahead, press the left paddle down twice and put your foot down and let it rip. And the noise the engine makes, even my missus was impressed enough to say that she wished our car sounded like that.

The ride is noticeably stiffer with the 19's and the tweaked suspension but throw it around corners and you don't notice any bodyroll and the steering is light and precise. Apart from that it is pretty much an IS250, everything else is the same, a bit of carbon fibre on the centre console bit and the doors, all the buttons and switches are the same as the IS250. The only other thing is the brakes which stop on a dime and don't fade even after trashing it around a bit.

I loved it and as soon as I get back from our honeymoon I hope to be heading down to Parra with my cash in hand to order one...

PS. There was a black on black one already sold at the dealer and it looked amazing. Very discreet for those that don't want to show off until you plant your foot on the accelerator.

You have an IS-F? lol

The IS-F is just awesome. The engine and the gearbox are absolutely brilliant. The V8 engine is a beast and pulls in any gear, the gearbox is also something special, the best thing about it is the fact it will switch from auto to semi-auto with a flick of a paddle. Those that have ever tried VW's DSG gearbox will know what I mean. You can be driving along in auto nicely and apart from the deep rumble coming out of the back it is no different to driving an IS250, however as soon as a bit of room opens up ahead, press the left paddle down twice and put your foot down and let it rip. And the noise the engine makes, even my missus was impressed enough to say that she wished our car sounded like that.

The ride is noticeably stiffer with the 19's and the tweaked suspension but throw it around corners and you don't notice any bodyroll and the steering is light and precise. Apart from that it is pretty much an IS250, everything else is the same, a bit of carbon fibre on the centre console bit and the doors, all the buttons and switches are the same as the IS250. The only other thing is the brakes which stop on a dime and don't fade even after trashing it around a bit.

I loved it and as soon as I get back from our honeymoon I hope to be heading down to Parra with my cash in hand to order one...

PS. There was a black on black one already sold at the dealer and it looked amazing. Very discreet for those that don't want to show off until you plant your foot on the accelerator.

Thanks mate,

Really enjoyed the write up!! What, you think you work for Top Gear now!!!hahahahahahahahahah!!!

Seriously though, sounds bloody awesome!!!!

You have an IS-F? lol

Thanks mate,

Really enjoyed the write up!! What, you think you work for Top Gear now!!!hahahahahahahahahah!!!

Actually I reckon we should apply for a job at Top Gear, for me Top Gear Australia is crap and I haven't watched it since halfway through the first episode. I wish SBS would show the original Top Gear as well.

You have an IS-F? lol

Thanks mate,

Actually I reckon we should apply for a job at Top Gear, for me Top Gear Australia is crap and I haven't watched it since halfway through the first episode. I wish SBS would show the original Top Gear as well.

Yeh, couldn't agree with you more!!! Only reason I watched the first episode was to see myself on TV. Have to admit, I did think that it had potential when they were filming but seeing it cut up lost me!! SBS are definately trying to copy the BBC formula too much!! You right, maybe we should take over the gig!!

So as for the IS-F, did you have the car un-restricted for the 2hours. ie, no rep with you!!

And yes, black on black is more discrete, but there is no hiding that bonnet line / bulg!!! ;) Beeefyy!!

You have an IS-F? lol

Thanks mate,

Yeh, couldn't agree with you more!!! Only reason I watched the first episode was to see myself on TV. Have to admit, I did think that it had potential when they were filming but seeing it cut up lost me!! SBS are definately trying to copy the BBC formula too much!! You right, maybe we should take over the gig!!

So as for the IS-F, did you have the car un-restricted for the 2hours. ie, no rep with you!!

And yes, black on black is more discrete, but there is no hiding that bonnet line / bulg!!! ;) Beeefyy!!

No the rep came with us but she was getting upset because I was being too cautious at the start.

The bulge is a lot more pronounced on the blue though, the black hides it a little bit. There is a gunmetal grey one which I think looks nice too.

Sat in one yesterday on a track and the seats were good enough to hold my body....although my head is a different story! I kept hearing this thunking sound and was wondering what it was, then realised it was my head (in a helmet) smacking against the windows a fair bit given the way the driver was driving it around!