Over Heating / Radiator Water Level

Hi everyone,

Need help asap. i have a 95 aristo and had the water changed as it is a new import. The problem is the temp gauge rises then drops, rises a bit higher then drops and so on. it spits water/coolant out of the reseviour tank. Can anyone help????? someone told me that aristos run a bit lower in the main tank. Can anyone help.

Many thanks,

Hi everyone,

Need help asap. i have a 95 aristo and had the water changed as it is a new import. The problem is the temp gauge rises then drops, rises a bit higher then drops and so on. it spits water/coolant out of the reseviour tank. Can anyone help????? someone told me that aristos run a bit lower in the main tank. Can anyone help.

Many thanks,

Hate to say it but it sounds like a cracked head- the system's being pressurised by the engine compression. Could be a head gasket instead- is the water milky looking, and does the oil have a milky/watery top layer?

Hi everyone,

Many thanks,

Hate to say it but it sounds like a cracked head- the system's being pressurised by the engine compression. Could be a head gasket instead- is the water milky looking, and does the oil have a milky/watery top layer?

No oil in the water and no water in the oil......... it's like there is a air block on the sensor... If it was the gasket wouldn't the heat just rise? this rises and drops...and so on.

• 3 months later...