All is250 owners beware of the paint around the console.

The photo attached is what happened to an is250 owner in america when a little drip of ambi-pur air freshener dropped on it.

I can verify that the Australian Lexus's may have the same delicate paint issue as i dropped a tiny bit of aftershave on it and it started to eat the paint instantly.

No were near as bad as the photo attached, but there is a little discolouration :(

Thought id give you guys a head up.

2ep7rid.jpg

The photo attached is what happened to an is250 owner in america when a little drip of ambi-pur air freshener dropped on it.

I can verify that the Australian Lexus's may have the same delicate paint issue as i dropped a tiny bit of aftershave on it and it started to eat the paint instantly.

No were near as bad as the photo attached, but there is a little discolouration :(

2ep7rid.jpg

Hey Niick,

thanks for the heads up. I have to say that at leat it's better than my friends Merc SLK whose inside door are is wearing out and peeling (just outside of warranty).

Yeah it seems even the wood grain version is prone to scratches as well according the the US versions.

I don't have the wood version but I would imagine non wood trim does seem to scratch easy.

Thanks for the heads up

2ep7rid.jpg

unfortunately i found out the hard way! :-(

I've always been really carefull with mine... and there are still tiny scratch marks on it.

Ensure your fingernails have been filed back to zero before approaching the centre console - else ensure you're wearing cotton gloves. :(