Had My 1st Servicing Done Today...

Hey guys... I just had my 1st service done today with lexus of chatswood. I've only clocked 11, 000 km and had the car for less than 6 months and was pretty disappointed with all the problems i've had(esp considering that it's an $80K car!!). Hopefully, they will be able to sort the problems once and for all so i told them to keep the car overnight to sort things out as i don't wanna have to go back again with the same bloody problems.

Loan car was a crappy IS 250....filthy, cooling seat function was faulty, rear view mirror was one of those old school non auto dimming type and it stank of cigarette smoke!

This will probably be my last lexus...

mate,

just keep hassling them until your problem sorted out.

for your loan car, i think you just a bit unlucky to get the dirty one, as they told me the loan car you get will be random depending what the driver pick up the day before.and they normally pick the whichever driver live close to you.

i've bought a used is250 prestige 1 or 2 months ago and since that have took my car back to chatswood 3 times.

first time for schedule service and twice to fix the rattle, first time i got the 08 is250 sports lux, 2nd time i got 08 rx350, and third time i got dirty 08 is250 prestige.

they fix the rattle on first attempt but it came back after two weeks and even worse, so i call them again now they fix it, but there are still some vibration noise that sometimes happened sometimes not which they said came from the rubber on the door and they advise me to always dry the door's ruber everytime i wash my car.

i just say yes when they explain to me about that, stupidly i forgot to ask how about if its raining?or is there any solution to prevent the water to go that deep. as i dont want to wipe the door's ruber everytime its raining.

Hey Ghast,

Mate, I haven't heard such bad feelings towards the car since I read that post couple of months ago with the guy that had an absolute nightmare with his car........ Tell you what, I definately feel for you because I know there is nothing worse then when they are constantly tampering with your car to make it right! Its just not the same as when it comes from the new from the factory. Its like when you prang it, its never the same.

Keep the pressure on em.......keep insisting that its still not right untill they get it right or do something more!!

Good luck with it mate and I'd say that you were one of the unlucky ones to get a car thats not quite 100%!!

I know most of us feel the build quality is second to none!!!

Was supposed to pick my car up yesterday and bang... another nightmare! Just as i was so excited to get my car back, i found a nasty scratch on my car! Spoke to the service advisor about it and thankfully, he acknowledged that the scratch must have been caused by one of their employees because the scratch still had the rough edges around it(suggesting that the scratch was fresh).

On a more positive note, i managed to change the filthy IS 250 loan car and got an RX 350 instead.

what a nightmare...

Was supposed to pick my car up yesterday and bang... another nightmare! Just as i was so excited to get my car back, i found a nasty scratch on my car! Spoke to the service advisor about it and thankfully, he acknowledged that the scratch must have been caused by one of their employees because the scratch still had the rough edges around it(suggesting that the scratch was fresh).

On a more positive note, i managed to change the filthy IS 250 loan car and got an RX 350 instead.

what a nightmare...

Hey Ghast,

I would be FUUUMMMMMMEEEIIINNNGGG!!! or how do you say P%#^&SSED!! :angry:

Is it scratched down to the base coat?? or can they buff it out??

yeah i would of had the urge to bash the dealer and take an is-f as a replacement.

i guess they may have not of noticed the scratch, but at least they took responsibility and didn't say "it was like that when i got it".

That would have really pissed me off bad.

The scratch was pretty damn deep but luckily for THEM, the scratch is located on the side skirt so i guess all they need to do is replace it. I was really really pissed off... There should be some sort of compensation for all the inconvenience and distress caused to me.

But as i've mentioned earlier, it was a huge relief to know that they acknowledged their mistake instead of denying responsibility. The whole thing would have been made alot worse if i had to bloody argue over the scratch incident!

I'll just have to see how it goes and see what sort of initiative they will take to re-instill my confidence in them again.

Man, that's some serious bad luck. Who are you dealing with over there? There service manager is a guy by the name of "Sid" and seems reasonable. Another guy "Jason" (I think) is pretty cool as well.

With regards to the moonroof, I think it is luck of the draw. My car is completely rattle free and has been since the start, however a friend of mine also has a prestige. We swapped cars for a drive one day and I was embarrassed by how much his car rattled.

Having said that, he said that his Lexus was FAR better in terms of rattles and road noise than his previous car (BMW). So I guess it is all relative!

Just had my first service done.

Loan car was 3 month old Prestige with SatNav - totally clean.

When I got my car back, I even found a small box of Chocolates in the passenger seat (kids beat me to them though)

I did have a good look at my car for scratches when it was returned. I had it washed the night before they picked it up. I figured it would serve 3 purposes.

1. It would be easy for me to pick out any scratches, if any, prior to giving them the car

2. It would be easy to pick out any scratches, should there have been any, when the car was returned to me after service.

3. If there were scratches/knocks when the car was returned - Harder for them to try and say "scratches must have already been there" when they know I'm likely to have noticed them when the car was washed the night before.

Ghast, I feel for you man. BTW, no rattles/creaks/problems with my car. I hope your dramas are over - keep us in the loop.

Let me tell you about my service experience:

Bought my car from Lexus of Brighton (@#$#@$hole's) and when I picked it up they hadn't done the delivery check properly and the window washing squirter's (that's the technical term for them ;-)) sent water into the bonnet and not the windscreen. Phoned service and they said oh just bring it in and we will look at it, not quite what I expected (something like sorry we will pick and deliver back etc etc after all Lexus Service is the best in the world) anyway took it in waited about half an hour and was told we have done a bit of a patch job but will need it for a day!! No problems have to go away but back in 10 days and this time arranged for pick up and loan car (which was filthy) but no prob's.

While I was away someone just put a minor scratch on the back bumper so when I dropped it off asked them to have a look at the scratch for me to see if they could just buff it out.

Picked up car and everything fixed but scratch wasn't fixed as I would have liked, so I arranged to get it done outside of Lexus at a specialty paint shop in South Melbourne. When I dropped off the car to get the scratch fixed the guy said Oh that's a unique colour (I have an X model) and we don't have paint for it if we need it, so I said no problems I have this little tin in the boot and opened the boot to find the paint tin and the valet pack missing. I stupidly thought no big deal they must have taken it out when the fixed it and it is probably just sitting in the service area at Lexus of Brighton. So I rang service spoke to Nareesh my appointed service person and he said no problems let me sort it out and I will phone you back.

Got a call back advising that service didn't open the boot so the stuff could not have gone missing, me: "How did you put the paint on the scratch to try and fix it then?" Nareesh "Yes I thought that was weird too let me speak to the Manager and I will phone you back."

3 days later no call so rang Nareesh and he asked if I could bring the car in so they could go through it, explained that I had been right through the car and even removed the spare wheel but the items are definitely gone. Nareesh was insistent that I bring the car in so I did and he quickly looked through the boot and confirmed the items weren't there and said he will phone me back. That was 2 weeks ago, I haven't heard back from him.

Last Thursday got a call from Lexus itself asking how the dealer was, told them the above and the guy from Lexus couldn't get off the phone quick enough (think one negative feedback will kill their 100% satisfaction survey!!) with the parting words that he will get Nareesh to phone me. YEP still nothing.

It will be very hard to take my car there for servicing if items go missing from my car and while I love my car will never ever ever buy a Lexus again due not only to the dealer but also due to the attitude of the Lexus employee who did not want to know about any problems and put it all back to the dealer with no follow up. Very disappointing.

I have to input here. Even though I dont own a Lexus anymore.

Fair enough you have paid top $$ for your cars, and you do deserve great service. I really think Lexus does offer great service. Dont take it for granted thinking "I will never buy a Lexus again" only becuase of 1 or 2 bad issues. No other maker offers this type of service, picking up your car, giving you a loan car etc.

Fair enough about the example above about nareesh not calling back and the scratch, poor form, but comon, the window washer not spraying the windscreen? How hard is it to get out of the car and see if there is some blockage there? Most probably some moth *BLEEP* thats stick right infront of the nozel, use a pin to scrape it clean, 30sec job.

There should be some sort of compensation for all the inconvenience and distress caused to me.

What would you like? Free tickets to the opera or something? They have given you perfectly good loan cars for your inconvinience.

I think if you buy a BMW or Audi, you will realise just how good lexus & their service is. I can comment in regards to Mercedes as I have had no experience with them.

Fair enough you have paid top $$ for your cars, and you do deserve great service. I really think Lexus does offer great service. Dont take it for granted thinking "I will never buy a Lexus again" only becuase of 1 or 2 bad issues. No other maker offers this type of service, picking up your car, giving you a loan car etc.

Fair enough about the example above about nareesh not calling back and the scratch, poor form, but comon, the window washer not spraying the windscreen? How hard is it to get out of the car and see if there is some blockage there? Most probably some moth *BLEEP* thats stick right infront of the nozel, use a pin to scrape it clean, 30sec job.

There should be some sort of compensation for all the inconvenience and distress caused to me.

What would you like? Free tickets to the opera or something? They have given you perfectly good loan cars for your inconvinience.

I think if you buy a BMW or Audi, you will realise just how good lexus & their service is. I can comment in regards to Mercedes as I have had no experience with them.

well i'll add my 2 cents. i DO have a mercedes and the difference in levels of customer service are night and day. once you own another make of car you will then realise the grass is NOT greener on the other side.

i would also try another dealer for future servicing needs as it may just be that dealer or the few idiots working there. remember it only takes one lazy person to ruin it all!

I really feel for you people with crap dealers, all I can say is that thankfully Parramatta Lexus have always been great.

My car suffers from a severe case of niggling little shi**y problems, like rattles, door lock mechanisms breaking, the dreaded start up noise and now a seat belt pretensioning alarm which won't switch off but all through these annoyances, the boys at Parramatta have always been more than happy to help.

So for me whilst these annoying things continue to happen, I will buy another Lexus and it will take a lot for me to go European in the foreseeable future...

I really feel for you people with crap dealers, all I can say is that thankfully Parramatta Lexus have always been great.

My car suffers from a severe case of niggling little shi**y problems, like rattles, door lock mechanisms breaking, the dreaded start up noise and now a seat belt pretensioning alarm which won't switch off but all through these annoyances, the boys at Parramatta have always been more than happy to help.

So for me whilst these annoying things continue to happen, I will buy another Lexus and it will take a lot for me to go European in the foreseeable future...

glad to hear you're happy with Parramatta. i really should be sending my car there as i am in silverwater but bought my car from chatswood and haven't had any problems since day one so happy to leave my business with them!

Parramatta & Chatswood seem to the standout dealers in sydney!

Yep probably right about no input, in my recollection of the story you will notice that I went in intitally thinking the same as you that it would take 30 seconds but if you then go onto read it further you will see that the car had to be returned for a day to fix this issue and to quote the service sheet (hoping that you read this in full) Washer trim was fitted incorrectly, trim was at an angle, removed and realignment trim connected hose and tested.

While I found the whole process pretty piss poor let me say that VW offers pick up and loan car and their service has been far better than I have received from Lexus so far, the big difference is VW doesn't promote their service as being Number 1 Globally and the grass can be greener on the other side. I have had over 14 new cars and probably about 28-30 second hand cars all various makes and models and I have never had any of these issue's with any other manufacturer so I would say from my experience it is far from common and just because it's common doesn't make it right.......think of people talking on their mobiles while driving.

?UESTLOVE, if you need any further clarification of my posts please let me know would hate to have you misunderstanding what is being said here. ;-)

Well, i guess some of us are just plain unlucky. When i mentioned about inconvenience caused to me, i wasn't saying that i would have been left without a car. I know they provide loan cars but NOTHING beats driving your very own car... it's a peace of mind that should anything happen to it, me and only me is answerable to myself. My service with Lexus was good... only during the process of selling the car to me. After all that sales pitch and a successful sale, it all went downhill!

They got my first name spelt wrongly which later appeared on all correspondences from lexus to me. That i felt was a mistake that shouldn't have happened at all. How can you forget or misspell the name of a customer whom u just sold a car to. And to make matters worse, they also got my bank details wrong and as a result, toyota finance couldn't get payments from my bank and sent me a Notice of Dishonour for not making my repayments on time!!

Then when it came to servicing and the scratch incident, nobody apologised about it. All the guy said was, alright, the scratch COULD be caused by us and i'll get it fixed. Called the same guy and asked if he made any investigations, he simply replied, there's no need for an investigation since i've already agreed to have your car fixed. It all seems like a cover-up or something to that effect.

Prior to my 1st servicing, my wife and i wanted to buy a new RX400h but after all this, i think i'll be taking my money somewhere else.

Clearly... their "Pursuit of Perfection" is going to be a very very long one!

hehehe Ghast, i think this car is just not meant to be for you..its a sign!! That is very badluck!

Ozboy, wow i thougth i had a lot of cars, thats a sh!t load of cars! Sorry i must of miss read the part "Washer trim was fitted incorrectly, trim was at an angle, removed and realignment trim connected hose and tested."

And yeah, had no idea VW offered that type of service.

hehehe Ghast, i think this car is just not meant to be for you..its a sign!! That is very badluck!

Ozboy, wow i thougth i had a lot of cars, thats a sh!t load of cars! Sorry i must of miss read the part "Washer trim was fitted incorrectly, trim was at an angle, removed and realignment trim connected hose and tested."

thats great if vw offer that level of service as i'd love to get a vw at some stage. that gti turbo 4 potter and dsg tranny are an awesome combo.

and sorry to hear about all your troubles. you must have one of the few that do have problems. if it makes you feel any better i've got a merc and they're supposed to be great but i've had 6 major issues with mine in the last 2 years. it's just bad luck i guess.

thats great if vw offer that level of service as i'd love to get a vw at some stage. that gti turbo 4 potter and dsg tranny are an awesome combo.

and sorry to hear about all your troubles. you must have one of the few that do have problems. if it makes you feel any better i've got a merc and they're supposed to be great but i've had 6 major issues with mine in the last 2 years. it's just bad luck i guess.

Mate, ya not alone!! I've got a friend that has a brand new Vito and he too has had nothing but problems. And Mercs attitude according to him is crap!!! Im yet to experience Lexus's service commitment, but Im thinking nothing could be as bad as what he has portrayed thus far!!!!

I must admit, I do have high expectations from Lexus service and I really do hope that they don't let me down!!! Im due for my first service in about 3K and at this point, going by the feedback, Im thinking of going with Lexus Parramatta!

My two year service is in two weeks, forking out 660 bucks all i can hope is that they do the service probable. I never ask for car wash for obvious reasons. I really want to see what they are doing though.

Mate, ya not alone!! I've got a friend that has a brand new Vito and he too has had nothing but problems. And Mercs attitude according to him is crap!!! Im yet to experience Lexus's service commitment, but Im thinking nothing could be as bad as what he has portrayed thus far!!!!

I must admit, I do have high expectations from Lexus service and I really do hope that they don't let me down!!! Im due for my first service in about 3K and at this point, going by the feedback, Im thinking of going with Lexus Parramatta!

maybe its not bad luck then. i too also have a vito purchased from new. attitude from dealers regarding faults is piss poor and they always point the finger elsewhere even though it has always come back to them and they end up having to fix it anyway. why make a problem out of a problem instead of fixing it! thats the outcome in the end anyway!

they always point the finger elsewhere even though it has always come back to them and they end up having to fix it anyway.

Unless they get me, who can't be bothered arguing... and then take my business elesewhere from then on.

+1 for VW service. But it's not cheap!