Is 200 Acceleration

Hi All, just joined and own a Black 2003 IS200. I love it with one exception. There is always a distinct lag from when you put your foot down until the car reacts. I know it makes it very smooth but it has proven to also be a bit dangerous when you need the car to move quickly. Does anyone know how to counteract this please?

regards

GrahamW

Hi All, just joined and own a Black 2003 IS200. I love it with one exception. There is always a distinct lag from when you put your foot down until the car reacts. I know it makes it very smooth but it has proven to also be a bit dangerous when you need the car to move quickly. Does anyone know how to counteract this please?

regards

GrahamW

auto? check oil, gearbox oil and spark plugs. and put 95octane fuel not 91 runs a lot better. and yeh it depends on which gear your in and how fast your goin

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice. Yes it is auto. I have just put new plugs in and had auto serviced. I will change to hi Octane and change Engine oil to fully synthetic and see what happens. Thanks again.

i had bad lag and realised my throttle cable was loose and needed adjusting. check this first it may be your issue i have exact same model with auto. the response is almost instant now that i have wound up the adjuster on the throttle ;)