Car Wash Suggestion Materials & Instructions Please?

Hey there, I am so happy as I got a new car for a week in Sydney and its my first luxury IS250 car

I have a used car and I never really washed the car myself but for this, I think I wanna wash it myself rather than paying $30 or $35 car wash so I would like to ask for your recommendation of how to make it clean and shiny?

I've heard all of those wax, polish etc but I dunno what they actually do and which is the best

If you can recommend me what products I should buy and WHERE e.g. K-mart, Big-W or in auto car shops etc would be appreciated as well as maybe some instruction of washing the car as I am a complete NEWBIE?

Thanks guys and hope you are all having fun

Hey there, I am so happy as I got a new car for a week in Sydney and its my first luxury IS250 car

I have a used car and I never really washed the car myself but for this, I think I wanna wash it myself rather than paying $30 or $35 car wash so I would like to ask for your recommendation of how to make it clean and shiny?

I've heard all of those wax, polish etc but I dunno what they actually do and which is the best

If you can recommend me what products I should buy and WHERE e.g. K-mart, Big-W or in auto car shops etc would be appreciated as well as maybe some instruction of washing the car as I am a complete NEWBIE?

Hi Lexus!!!

There is a post not long ago about which car care products are favourable.

Check it out, I am switching products as a result!!.......and I guess any further questions, Bluey is the one that can best answer them!! (Resident Car care Guru)!!!! ;)

Hey, I bought a stack of new carwash products today all meguiars, spent more than $150 to get started. Got a proper microfibre cloth and all Gold Class wash & wax stuff.

Will wash the X first time this Sat and will let u know how it goes. Just hope there's no scratches etc.

Makes me wonder what I was doing to my last car. Lucky it was Silver.

Lexus

Congrats on the purchase, and a damn fine choice.

As you'll notice as you read this post, I prefer the Meguiars range of gear. Not exclusively, but almost. They have a brilliant forum that will give you more info than you can poke a stick at. Whether it's about a simple wash or getting into some major paint correction techniques.

Here's a few links to the forum that will get you started on understanding what washing, waxing, polishing, maintaining, claying etc are, and how they help.

Washing Techniques, make sure you click the link for the washing video. :P http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthrea...shing+technique

Meguiars 5 step paint care cycle. ;) http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2409

And if that doesn't whet your appetite. :blink:http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26009

I get most of my gear from Supercheap or similar auto stores, if they don't have what I need I go online.