I know some of you have the F-Sport Air intake, how hard is it to install?

I've ordered one and I wanted to know if it's an easy install or am I better off taking it to Lexus to install...

i've got a short ram fujita intake and did that myself. done in about 30 minutes but i have taken it out and put back in a few times for service and i can now do it in about 12 minutes.

so not very hard, just a bit of a pain the first time as you look for all the bolts etc.

it's just a matter of taking stock one out and f sport in.

if u're in sydney i'm happy to help.

I've ordered one and I wanted to know if it's an easy install or am I better off taking it to Lexus to install...

i've got a short ram fujita intake and did that myself. done in about 30 minutes but i have taken it out and put back in a few times for service and i can now do it in about 12 minutes.

so not very hard, just a bit of a pain the first time as you look for all the bolts etc.

Cool thanks I will give it a go when it arrives.

Cool thanks I will give it a go when it arrives.

Nice choice Art, like I said, I heard Ilv's and it sounded incredible!! Not overboard, just nice!

U mind me asking how much it set U back?? Did you go the regular channels?

Anyone interested in a group buy??

I paid US$398, I run a import business so there is no shipping charge as it is coming in one of our containers we get from the US.

Shipping, depending on how soon you want will set you back about another US$400.

That to me is too much as you are looking at around AU$1200 or so by the time it arrives.

Incidently, K & N have a similar cold air filter for around $800 plus GST.

I went with the F-Sport for the simple reason it's made by Lexus, (I assume anyway) and I pay nothing for shipping.

I paid US$398, I run a import business so there is no shipping charge as it is coming in one of our containers we get from the US.

Shipping, depending on how soon you want will set you back about another US$400.

That to me is too much as you are looking at around AU$1200 or so by the time it arrives.

I went with the F-Sport for the simple reason it's made by Lexus, (I assume anyway) and I pay nothing for shipping.

thats a lot of money for an intake!

even 398US is quite a bit. i was thinking of getting one myself but will probably wait for a group buy!

i payed around 500-600 for the F sport intake inc shipping

290 Us for shipping

250 for the intake..

this is when the currency was good

unfortunately going to be a while before currency is good again so looks like the rest of us have to hold out.

i'm not fussed, i've got a fujita short ram but want to change to fsport coz its legal so police & my insurance company and anyone else it affects are happy!

Have you got the intake yet Art??

alrighty i got the clip

but it takes damn too long to upload it lol

I got the F-sport intake, took me only 30mins, Very easy. It comes with intructions on how to install it. only thing you might make sure you have is an extra long extension for your socket set, as there is a bolt thats hard to reach if you dont have it. the 2 bolts for your airbox base.

If you dont have the instructions let me know, I have it in PFD format.