Difference Between Is250 Prestige With Is250 X

Welcome sipit, good choice in buying an IS250.

Differences with the X over the Prestige

Two limited edition colours – Arctic Blue and Vermilion (also available in Black)

* sports suspension

* 14-speaker Mark Levinson stereo system

* sunroof

* satellite navigation

* rear view camera

* Bluetooth handsfree

* smooth leather seats (Note: misses out on the heating and cooling)

* sports pedals

* metallic scuff plates

* unique five-spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels

* and the all important ’X’ badging

Other point to know: Available only with black interior (which I would have chosen anyway).

Since I bought an X my opinion is biased, but well worth it in my opinion. Also note that you can option the Prestige with the Stereo/Sunroof/Rear view camera and Bluetooth, so main differences will then be wheels, suspension and seats.

I chose the X over the prestige on the basis that it already had everything I wanted in a car and the wheels were too expensive as an option on the prestige, plus I didn't want the heated/cooling seats (apparantely is not good for the blokes, causes fertility issues). Just something I heard and didn't want to risk it.

Great choice either way! I think i'm a little biased also, the X is great!

I picked the X for it's "Bang 4 Buck" appeal and liked the idea of hardly ever seeing the same car as I drive. Also don't forget the different tyre and rim sizes as well. Funny how only the X owners are posting in this thread could it be that the prestige owners have nothing to say?? :P

Steven250 summed it up in his post brilliantly

I guess you'll have to work out whether you'd want those extras and be prepared to pay for them.

I did my math, and I was better off buying the Prestige and upping wheels, adding blue tooth etc.

I also happen to believe that omitting the cool/warm seat functions was a definite no-no. Everybody elses car has warmers at the very least! (fertility issues FrankyX? wtf? You mean like no need for rubbers? :unsure: )

So sipit, it's your money, your ride. Either way you'll end up with a good car.

No seat heating/cooling in the X?? I thought the X had heating only? The fertility issue is a very very very long bow indeed. Our bits n bobs down there get far hotter during a gym workout or run or in jeans on a warm day, than sitting on a warmed leather seat. I think if you were driving 8 hrs a day every day with the heaters on, then there might be some merit in the claim - other than that, wouldnt' give it another mention.

One positive, without the seat coolers, there should more footroom in the back (as the deep front seats are due to the colling ventilation fans).

And as a Prestige owner, Id love to grab myself an X, (a great value for money package) but unfort. couldn't justify the change-over cost, given my vehicle is only 2 years old and in 'as new' condition.

Yea I know, it's one of those things i just heard around the traps, but overall, my decision wasn't based on the seats themselves, but rather the other important options.

But yea, overall, i'd still obviously recommend the X.

Yea I know, it's one of those things i just heard around the traps, but overall, my decision wasn't based on the seats themselves, but rather the other important options.

But yea, overall, i'd still obviously recommend the X.

x is very good value! i was spewin' when i found out as i had just gotten the prestige optioned up! oh well........

As a prestige owner with the enhancement pack I have to say that I probably would have picked an X if it was available at the time. I think it is a good choice. The 16" wheels on the Prestige kinda suck.

Much as I am spewing that it wasn't available when I bought my Prestige, I'd be spewing a lot more if I bought a Sport. There is no reason to get a Sport now, unless you really need parking sensors and HID (both of which you can put on yourself).