could anyone help with replacing front struts (coil overs) for a IS250 

2006 not after lowered or race just need to replace OEM stock 

Melbourne vic 

pedders don’t stock them but can install supplied coil overs 

thanks Bones 

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Hi new member

could anyone help with replacing front struts (coil overs) for a IS250 

I have struts +_coils. Sent you a PM with a link to my for sale post on these forums

• 3 months later...

Ive got bedders springs in my Fsport. Front is nice drop, rear is way too low. I have had to fit spacers in the rear. If the rear is too low you will have major camber issues

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys. Looking at replacing rear struts in my is250x 2008. Like the stock sports suspension, so what would be a similar replacement to oem that is a bit cheaper?

2 hours ago, RodL said:

Hi guys. Looking at replacing rear struts in my is250x 2008. Like the stock sports suspension, so what would be a similar replacement to oem that is a bit cheaper?

hey buddy. I've got mine for sale. They are TOKICO shocks and H-TECH springs. Do you need just shocks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Black250 said:

does anyone have any shop recommendations for installing supplied coilovers for is250 in Melbourne? Thanks in advance..

Hey buddy. Any suspension / mechanic can install coilovers. Just check with your local suspension shop. I did mine at PEDDERS.

Also thanks Rakkdon yes my shocks+springs are still for sale and fit any IS250/IS350 / ISF / IS250 or IS350 Convertible.
Photos below in case anyone hasn't seen my separate post.

20160117_181001.jpg

20160117_181025.jpg

20160117_181059.jpg

20160117_181116.jpg

20160117_182047.jpg

20160117_182100.jpg

5 hours ago, Black250 said:

Hi how much did you pay for the install if you don't mind me asking? Thanks 

Around $300 which was a little high. It's about 2 hours labour. You're supplying parts. Expect $200 from an independent mechanic.

• 2 years later...

Hi all.😊

New to your site and hope I am not treading on any toes or butting in but have been reading this thread with interest.🙂

The uk lexus owners site which iam a member off does not discuss much in the way off suspension as this site does so hope you don't mind me jumping on board.

My car has had a advisory for what we in the uk call a MOT I suppose it is what you would call a fitness for the road certificate or something like that.:shock:

Anyway the rear nearside shock absorber is misting they call it basically starting to leek.

I have been reading about your recommendation on this topic and was hopping for some more info bearing in mind this topic was started some time ago so things might have changed some what now.

I'm looking at new front and rear shock absorbers springs the lot as while the syspension is down might as well do it all in one go.

Has anybody got a picture off cars with lowered springs ( sports springs ) they can show please.

As iam looking at the fsport spring or any other good quality brands but would like to know how they perform and how low they are before committing.

Sorry for such a long winded post for my first post but I find if you don't ask you do not learn anything.😀

65mike:driving:

• 7 months later...

So back in 2008 a very trusted member installed Tanabe for me. 127K kms after i'm still on them 🙂 But there are signs of leakage so i have bought KYB shocks to replace.

Does anyone know what shock boots to used with KYBs cos the oem ones are breaking up?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys this has probably been asked a million times but the search function isn’t brining anything up. So I replaced my 2011 IS350 Suspension with coil overs (they were getting ridiculously harsh over bumps but that’s another story).  And since then the headlight leveling sensor has been giving an error. Just got told by Lexus dealership they can’t do anything about it 🙄, how have you guys overcome this error? Do you code it out?  Can the sensors connect to the aftermarket coil overs? 

Just spent $200 to be told that there is nothing they can do about it… But I’m guessing they just can’t be bothered with the fix.

Thanks for your help in advance!

• 9 months later...
On 6/14/2023 at 11:53 AM, Kienchil said:

Hey guys this has probably been asked a million times but the search function isn’t brining anything up. So I replaced my 2011 IS350 Suspension with coil overs (they were getting ridiculously harsh over bumps but that’s another story).  And since then the headlight leveling sensor has been giving an error. Just got told by Lexus dealership they can’t do anything about it 🙄, how have you guys overcome this error? Do you code it out?  Can the sensors connect to the aftermarket coil overs? 

Just spent $200 to be told that there is nothing they can do about it… But I’m guessing they just can’t be bothered with the fix.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I realize it's been a long time, but what happened in the end, how did you solve the problem?

On 3/18/2024 at 5:56 PM, Arthur Heich said:

I realize it's been a long time, but what happened in the end, how did you solve the problem?

that problem is a easy fix