Hey guys, I've searched on the forum and couldn't really find a definitive answer to my question. I'm looking to order the fsport springs,absorbers and sway bars from the US. I got a quote from a Lexus dealer that they'll charge me 650 to install the springs and absorbers and 300 to install the sway bars. I'm not too sure what's the market rate but to me this seems a little on the steep side. I understand that it's Lexus and they'll definitely charge more, but are these prices going too far?

Alternatively, could anyone recommend a decent place to get them installed? Looking for advice from more experienced members. Btw, I'm located in Sydney.

Thanks in advance and all help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise that the left front shock and right front shock are different.

Just received my F sport shocks set from US and they sent me 2 X right front shocks. Luckily I checked the part number and realised that I needed a left front shock. Lexus of North Miami has been great. They are sending me the correct left shock and I get to keep the extra right shock as a Christmas present ! Now that's service ! Highly recommended if anyone is interested. Super cheap posted as well compared to Sewells.

Apparently these new F sport shocks and springs have been retuned. Couldn't find out the difference on the web. If anyone has read anything about these retuned parts, please do let me know. I only know that the retuned springs are to address the clunking noise found in the back springs.

Hi guys,

I had my Tein Comfort Sport coilovers fitted last week. Dropped the car about 30 mils. I can still drop her a little bit, but in a couple of months time perhaps. At least she looks decent now, no 4wd spec anymore.

MASSIVE improvement in terms of handling. I have it set on the hardest damper setting, and it ain't too bad in terms of comfort either, at least for short city drives, haven't been on long ones yet, but I suspect it will be ok as well. A lot less body roll, but I think strut braces will complement it nicely too, so I will be looking into those shortly.

Here you go:

2ypexde.jpg

23sywb9.jpg

qn5hr5.jpg

2lwm3w2.jpg

6tcu2b.jpg

2cna9e0.jpg

o5udc1.jpg

2n7m4i1.jpg

wj9ahx.jpg

P.S. No, I didn't plant those skids marks haha

Cheers! :)

Yeah WA, Wilkinsons Suspension, all up including installation and wheel alignment it cost me $2,270. I don't know how much they retail for exactly, but they said they had the Teins on special as it would have normally cost over 3K fitted, whether it's true or not, no idea...

Don't know if F sports will give you same sort of drop, probably not, and can't adjust them can you? Go for quality aftermarket ones if you can hey. I was looking at Tanabe ones as well, before I got the Teins.

Looks great Dan.... Hoping I can add some pics up in the early new year once the wheel decision has been made

Also, if anyone in Sydney is ordering some parts out of the US I'd be interested in getting a set of sway bars added in. Happy to chip in a bit for freight of course... Just PM me

Cheers,

Dan

• 2 months later...

Finally fitted all my F sport stuff (filter, shocks and springs)

Like previously reported, a very subtle 1 inch drop only for those itchy first timers (like mua....) who wants to lower their car but is worried about comfort and scraping the ground.

Here's one I took last night after fitting. Had to capture the blue springs :)

IMG_2546.JPG

This is one day after. Not sure how long it takes to settle.

IMG_2549.JPG

ps - don't pick on my kumhos. haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just had the F-Sports springs done yesterday. Thanks to Danny "The Man". Dropped by about an inch. Will update for more feedback. Need to get wheel alignment done soon. First feeling, more responsive to turning. Comfort didnt reduce much.

DSC00835.jpg

That's me bro. I did go to that area and I saw a few good looking ard there too. Well spotted mate.

Hehe, your car caught my eye as i was driving past in my yaris lol.

nice drop as well.

looking good mate

it was hard work but in the end it was worth it

have they settled in yet?

Hey mate, I think it has settled. I went thru bumps and rough surface. I heard tiny noise from the rear, but not sure if it was the loosen tools or not. Will fix and do the wheel alignment soon.