Guys I have a 2011 IS250 F Sport, now can I install the F Sport springs to drop it a little and use the factory shocks I currently have?

How much would I expect it to drop if I did?

• 6 months later...

hey sorry to revive the thread but to save starting a new topic... anyways so went and got myself a quote today and wanted opinion mainly on the lowering side of things (H R suspension) and choice of rubber..

thanks guys!

post-5571-0-22568400-1328670813_thumb.pn

how much are you spending

on the H/R?

809.09 installed but thats in a quote along with the tryes n rims aswel so i dont know wether they balanced out the total on different items but yeh thats wat iv got on my quote..

• 2 months later...

Eventually got the KW coilovers installed yesterday, great outcome. Handing and ride much better than stock F sport suspension setup. Just got to get the headlight levelling sorted. Any anyone have ideas how to do it or is it a Lexus dealer job?

Are cutting the bump stops necessary or even recommended when installing lowered springs? I'm about to install some S techs which do not need the bump stop to be cut but a lot of people who install springs seem to do it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys, please post anything related to suspension here......... (eg.Problems, outlets, fitters, pricing, pics etc....) wink.gif

Here are just a few of the common setups used @ the moment.......Will add more as we go......

Please feel free to PM me extra info to add to the list!!!

IS250 SPRINGS

S-Techs.jpg

Tein S. Tech Springs

Drop - 1.6"F , 1.2"R

Spring rate - 6.5F , 6.8R

Ilv's Drop(Danny for the newbies)

Eibach_Pro_Kit.jpg

EIBACH Pro-Kit Coil Springs

Drop - 1.4"F , 1.0"R

Spring rate - X.XF , X.XR

QQQ' Drop

Tanabe.jpgH

Tanabe DF210 Springs

Drop - 1.1"F , 1.2"R

Spring rate - 4.6F , 5.3R

images.jpglowering_springF-sport.jpg

F-Sport Coil Springs

Drop - 1.0"F , 1.0"R

Spring rate - X.XF , X.XR

Tutorial on how to change springs...

IS250 COILOVERS

TanabeSustecPro5Coilovers.png

Tanabe Sustec Pro 5'

Range Front - 0.0" - 2.0"

Range Rear - 0.0" - 2.5"

B_390_LU's Drop

tn_flx.jpg

TEIN Comfort Sport

Range Front - 0.5" - 2.2"

Range Rear - 0.5" - 1.7"

TEIN Super Street Dampers

Range Front - 1.1" - 2.6"

Range Rear - 1.2" - 2.4"

All this talk about suspension.............................Here are the specs from the commonly used springs and coil overs to remind all.....................!

Please feel free to add!!!

tanabe vs tien vs f sport.

What you guys think

Love this thread... I've been considering dropping my IS250 for a while and my mate has convinced me to do it... From the wealth of info and hope someone can confirm, I have a 08 250 X with sports suspension. Does this mean that there is already a 1/2 inch drop at the front already in comparison to the Prestige?

I'm currently tossing up between the Tein H.Tech & S.Tech's atm... I dont want to be installing Tien H.Tech's if they dont make any difference to the drop from the sports suspension I already have installed.

Sorry for a nooB question (hours of googling etc and trying to find the answer). Is there any difference between the Prestige standard suspension and Sports suspension? Just a different type of spring?

Ok first question

yes your car is lower than the normal IS250 (only slightly not even visually noiticeable untill you put another IS250 next to yours)

S vs H

S is more for sporty

H is more luxury

S is lower and also harder, but with the S techs you will notice that its got around the same stifness as your sports suspension

so S techs has the vote for me

(i personally had S techs when i coudlnt afford coilovers, it was one of the best mods ever on a 250)

Thanks for getting back to me and once again, your a wealth of info!!!

I did notice in a early page on this thread that you had S.Tech's installed and only finding out today that my X had sports suspension installed made me reconsider to go S tech's. I actually dont mind the ride with the sports suspension.

I am also thinking of going BC Racing Coil Covers instead of the Tein's but think it would be a waste if all I'm after is a 1-1.5" drop....

Also between the Prestige standard suspension and Sports, what's the difference? Only the height or different shocks as well?

well afaik

comparing the shocks side by side

they seem to be using the same part number on the shock itself (what i have with my spare parts)

the springs rates are definately different

also the slightly compressed springs will also make a difference in stiffness which you will feel

as for the BC coilovers they are worth every penny

its worth it just for the pain in the install

putting S tech springs on standard shocks you will have to take them apart and when u decide to put them back to standard springs you need to pull them apart and put the standard springs on, which is not easy 1-2-3 job

the reason y i went coilovers is

it's direct replacement and makes life easy on installs

pull the standards out put coilovers in

when u want them out pull out coilovers and put stadards in

none of this pulling shocks apart bs

plus u can adjust damper for your ride comfort too with 0-30 there is a setiing for everyone

Agreed on the install side.... I was reading/watching a few installs and if you dont line up the top plate holes with the rest, it could be hit and miss for a while... plus i would need to get spring compressors etc..... <face palm>

I think you have convinced me to put in the extra $$$ and go for the BC coil covers... Online shopping time... =)

• 2 weeks later...

Any reviews (application pics) here on Road Magnet springs? Did a search & found one positive review about the ride quality, but I've also heard people speak negatively about them.

The Road Magnets are pretty comfortable for lowered springs. They aren't too low to you shouldn't have much trouble getting around town.

Yes, 2" all round. I've been analysing pics very closely & I'm sure I wouldn't be happy with any other springs (height wise).

For me, it's either going to be Road Magnets or BC coilovers.

This is how they sit.

RoadMagnet19.jpg

RoadMagnet192.jpg

tohn_lexusis__350_front_wheel.jpg

tohn_lexusis350_front_to_back.jpg

tohn_lexusis_350_back_to_front_1.jpg

Not too low in my eyes. Yes, they'll likely kill the shocks prematurely, but with rubber spring silencers, should still last me a long time.