I used a high grade d/s tape for the ballast (didn't want to drill any more holes) and zip ties to keep the cables neat.

I placed the drivers side ballast under the intake on the engine bay. The cables run under the intake. The passengers side was placed on the engine side of the electrical box.

Drivers Side

DSCN4289.jpgDSCN4291.jpg

DSCN4292.jpgDSCN4297.jpg

Passengers Side

DSCN4294.jpgDSCN4295.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

I am from Sydney and have just picked up my car last night which is a 2007 IS250 X. Its a great car and I cant get enough of driving it and the luxury it offers.

1 thing though, the headlight is abit yellowy so I am guessing and assuming its stock.

I have been reading for the last 2 hours and trying to get my head around wether if my car comes with HID or just Xenon? I would really love to upgrade my headlight to a “brighter” beam just like the previous post. 6000k?

Can anyone shed any light for me? does 2007 IS250 X comes with OEM HID’s? or would I need a converstion kit?

Thanks in advance. Feel free to chuck a rock or bread at me.. Thanks again - Peace

Hi oGz and welcome :)

To answer your question in regards to the X-edition IS250, I believe that they do not come with HIDs. Generally, for pre 2012 MY there would be 'head light washers' at the front bumper if OEM HID is factory fitted.

Thanks JML, yes you are right it doesnt have the washer on it.

Thanks again! I will now try and source things out and find a place whom can install if for me properly in Syd.

Hey oGz,

Welcome to the Club!

We have the same car, 2007 IS250X. No factory Xenon for us, so we have to go aftermarket HID solution.

Just got mine done a month ago, loving it! It's a three hour DIY job if you don't mind get your hands dirty.

eBay has tons of aftermarket HID kits for sell, just make sure you get H11 size, and I prefer 6000K for the colour, don't go any higher.

There are a lot of infos on this forum if you do a search.

But here is a good Youtube guide for you:

Hi Kyo,

Thank you for this really appreciate it.

:)

on the side note, have you had any problem with your 250X?

no prob with my hid so far, the only issue was the beams were pointing to low but now fixed after manual adjustment