Introducing Myself And "winnie"

Hi all :D

Thought I would introduce myself and my "new" late 96 Lexus ES300 which I just picked up last weekend. I love this car, and it is the 5th Lexus I have now owned. The other 4 were all Toyota Soarers (1 * V8 & 3 * Turbos). I have been up until last Saturday been driving around in a Volvo which turned out to be an absolute lemon. I picked up this beauty (it's an S pack) and have been loving it ever since. My word does it feel awesome to be back behind the wheel of a Lexus. My car's kilometres are slightly high but on average for it's year (203000km's). It has been ell maintained by the previous owner.

I am planning to mod this car slightly over the next year or 2, but no overly. I still have plans to one day get myself behind the wheel of a GS300, but that's going to take a while to save up for. I will eventually get some wheels (probably 17's); double-din stereo and some leather seat covers (as I have cloth seats). Another thing I have started looking into is whether or not I can find some electric seats for the front and then figure out a way to wire them. I have also dabbled with the idea of getting seats from a Camry Grande and seeing whether or not this would fit the rails of the ES300.

So without further adue, I present "Winnie". Named from Toyota Windom (in Japan) and Lexus (Lexy - too common), so it stuck and that's what she's called.

FrontA1.jpg

Front.jpg

FrontA2.jpg

RearA1.jpg

RearA2.jpg

Drivers.jpg

Passenger.jpg

Rear_Seat.jpg

Wow!!! 37 views, yet no-one has even been kind enough to even say hello. Doesn't appear that this is too friendly a place. Looks like I will stick to some of the USA forums, as they at least say hello etc. and would help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there welcome aboard (haven't been on here in a while). It seems there isn't much West Australian love for the ES300, but that just makes us all the more cooler doesn't it!?! :P

And if your after wheels I am selling mine...[/cheap plug]

Didn't realise they made ES300's without leather and a sunroof. No real poit to that just interesting.

Hey Hank,

Thanks for the welcome. See you are as new a member as me. Interesting thing is that whether it's an ES300 or any other model, and if so many people have actually viewed it, you would at least say a quick hello, instead of just a forum member if they don't drive the same vehicle as you. That's the sort of thing that makes people turn off a forum and migrate elsewhere like I have done. No respect or friendliness, no point in trying.

Welcome back to yourself and why have you been gone so long :D

if you could PM the details about your wheels, that would be fantastic.

Why have I been gone so long? Well as you can see this forum is just too exciting for me as of late... lol.

:lol: :D

Hey Hank,

I do check the buy and sell now and then to see if they may come about. Haven't seen any yet (and if they are I must not be seeing it). They're rare to come across though.

Hi Will,

Welcome mate!!!

Sorry that I / we haven't noticed your introduction. Very nice and tidy ES300. Will you be trying to keep it original??

I guess if you want your thread to become more active, try to drum up some support!! The IS250 section still is up and down but all the fella's are trying. We are obviously nothing like the US forums, (we are a small market)!!

I will keep an eye out mate!!! Welcome again! ;)

Wow!!! 37 views, yet no-one has even been kind enough to even say hello. Doesn't appear that this is too friendly a place. Looks like I will stick to some of the USA forums, as they at least say hello etc. and would help you out.

those views are actually not always human, search engines spiders all posts which counts as a view.