• 1 month later...

I am trying to get another set of keys for my car and I am browsing the Net for another set but it seems that the UK frequency is different than the US so which is the right one?

Cheers.

I'm doing the same.

I got my current key reprogrammed for $20 from lexus as the remote didnt work, but a spare costs $500 each, as i belive theyre all digitally coded too.

Good luck

I am trying to get another set of keys for my car and I am browsing the Net for another set but it seems that the UK frequency is different than the US so which is the right one?

Cheers.

I'm doing the same.

I got my current key reprogrammed for $20 from lexus as the remote didnt work, but a spare costs $500 each, as i belive theyre all digitally coded too.

Good luck

I'm looking for spare key too and lexus also told me $500!!!. Looked online however mostly they are advertising for IS300 and they all all from US. I'm a little skeptical that this will work. Has anyone ever done this? If so who with and for how much?

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Or get a new one cut and buy another second hand key from the same model in Australia and fit the electronic part into the new key and go through the procedure for synchronising the key with the car, worked for me. Buy a heavy duty key if you can, as the standard ones crack easily where the shaft goes into the fob. Some of the Security/key dealers will do one as well a lot cheaper than Lexus.

• 1 year later...

I bought a new uncut key off eBay and new internal chip cost about £30 all together got a local key cutter to copy my key was about 8quid then you can code it to the car yourself following simple steps online, it involves alot of ignition on/off lock/unlock doors and windows up/down this is going back a few years now but the procedure worked perfectly and didn't cost a fortune.