Does anyone know roughly at what Kms do we need to change our a/c gass. I know this is subjective cos it depends on usages but yeh when do u think it's time.

Again, i can only compare the coldness to other cars and my Camry but the Lexus isn't "cold" when i use the a/c, even with Lo setting.

Does anyone know roughly at what Kms do we need to change our a/c gass. I know this is subjective cos it depends on usages but yeh when do u think it's time.

Again, i can only compare the coldness to other cars and my Camry but the Lexus isn't "cold" when i use the a/c, even with Lo setting.

I really couldn't even hazard a guess on that one - never really owned a car long enough. Did you ask the dealer? I know their motive may be more profit-driven, but their answer should at least put you in the ballpark...

Hey LDC,

Yeh, I don't think you can put a "distance" type figure on replacement. I don't even think you can put a time on it either. It all comes down to the pressure in side your system. You may have heard that its a good idea to switch your A/C on every so often. Even the colder months. Thats due to the compressor seals. Obviously as soon as compressor is unable pressurize the refridgerant gas,(not enough gas), it will no longer work as efficiently!

Anyway, thats my basic knowledge......so......don't think there is a straight forward answer to your question. You might have to get some guages put on to check the pressure!!!

Later!!!

Have to agree with you on this one. I, too have found that even on it's lowest setting the air con isn't that cold!

On a side note though, the coldest air con i have ever experienced is from mitsubishi, from a 2001 verada that i own, a few vehicles i've been in and all the way to their latest evo X. If you've ever been a mitsu with the air con on its lowest setting it's very uncomfortable, as in very cold!

Can't help with your re-gas question though. sorry. :-(

it all depends on how often u use it..

but usually they last around 200K ish

my mothers honda odyssey had 220K kms in 4 years and the a/c was still going strong

55K KMS a year...... sounds like that car has served you well!

I always thought that the A/C Gas was recycled during use just like Automatic transmission fluid - which only needs a top up if running low mostly due to leaks.

I found the A/C in our cars to be chilling cold - That's when I have it at 23 degrees (set) and recirculate mode.

I'm assuming it is fairly new if its an IS250. I doubt you could of possibly used all the a/c gas - my guess is you have a leak.

Happened to my merc after just over a yr...it just didnt get cold but never noticed it till summer. Took it to get regassed...they said there is no way it should be empty..put some UV sensitive stuff in and regassed..and they drove it around for a few days while I got a loan car...and discovered a leak somewhere..fixed it and problem solved.

Maybe that could be the problem with the lexus.