Yet Another Lexus Stuck On The Side Of The Road!

What does an absolutely stupid council idea for curb placement and my two passenger side wheels have in common????

ANSWER.......(can you notice the slight defect)???

IMG_9561.jpg

Perhaps easier seen in this pic!!!

IMG_9563.jpg

Its really not that bad!!!

Look, yeh I was pisS%ed!! I guess at myself, but more so at the council. Not only did this thing stick out about 2m into the road way, dirt and grass covered the reflectors that help make this thing stand out. For anyone that has driven around Botany and seen how some of these container trucks drive, I don't think anyone would blame me for keeping more so to the left! (Damn nice place for a photoshoot though)!!!

Anyway fella's, they were always a temporary setup, I guess its time to do some more wheel shopping !!!

And you don't know how glad I was that there was not a hint of damage to the car. Wheel alignment verified all was good!!!

Cevu, see what you started mate!!!! HAHAH!!!

By the way, where are all your cars??? Cevu, they still got yours mate!??! Art, hope nothing serious with yours!!

They say sh#t happens in 3's, I hope not here!!!

Crap man, I've never seen a rim crack like that. How fast where you going when you hit the thing? Maybe 19's are on the cards???

Is it bad luck or something with the Is250's? My moon roof is starting to rattle and I'm starting to get more random rattles around the car after almost a year of ownership.

Man, not good ay! You must have hit it pretty damn hard. But as you say, it will now force you to upgrade the rims.

Let's hope this trend does not continue to happen (touch wood) ;)

What does an absolutely stupid council idea for curb placement and my two passenger side wheels have in common????

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

Look, yeh I was pisS%ed!! I guess at myself, but more so at the council. Not only did this thing stick out about 2m into the road way, dirt and grass covered the reflectors that help make this thing stand out. For anyone that has driven around Botany and seen how some of these container trucks drive, I don't think anyone would blame me for keeping more so to the left! (Damn nice place for a photoshoot though)!!!

Anyway fella's, they were always a temporary setup, I guess its time to do some more wheel shopping !!!

And you don't know how glad I was that there was not a hint of damage to the car. Wheel alignment verified all was good!!!

By the way, where are all your cars??? Cevu, they still got yours mate!??! Art, hope nothing serious with yours!!

Second day back from overseas and I collected a curve with the front lip. Thankfully just that and a tiny scratch on a wheel but nothing that can't be fixed cheaply.

Yours was much worse from the looks of it.

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

sorry to hear..... :-(although like everyone else said! perfect excuse for wheel upgrade.

but last time we spoke u were pretty keen on getting new wheels so i wouldn't be surprised if you intentionally drove over the bump, haha..... kidding!

Yeah, hey guys!

Thanks for all ya concern!

I seriously wasn't going that quick. Probably about 10-15km/h. I'd say due to the profile, the wheels didn't have much of a chance riding over a 90 degree curb!

It's funny that every single one of you mentioned that this was now a perfect opportunity to get the wheels I've always wanted.(Must admit, that was the only thing that made me feel better about the situation).(Oh,& the wheel alignment did too)! Like Cevu, my miss's thought that I was pulling a shifty and destroyed the wheels on purpose!

19's? Just not sure. I need to check with my insurance company. You know, the 2" rule!!!

I think if this time instead of the deep dish, I go with a full faced wheel, the 18's should look alot bigger. If the misses approves my cash request, then I will opt for the 19's in the WORK wheels!!! Lets see. I need to buy a motorbike before the months end and this aquisition wasn't quite planned!!! But I will tell my miss's that Cevu and Franky said I should upgrade!!! That should sway her!!

Jomster, good luck with the rattles man! I hope that they are only the common ones that we have spoken about in the past and easy rectifiable!!

Art, don't forget about that mobile wheel guy that I mentioned a while ago. He did a really good job with my ones back then and I know he is fully geared up for all types of surfaces!!

19's? Just not sure. I need to check with my insurance company. You know, the 2" rule!!!

I think if this time instead of the deep dish, I go with a full faced wheel, the 18's should look alot bigger. If the misses approves my cash request, then I will opt for the 19's in the WORK wheels!!! Lets see. I need to buy a motorbike before the months end and this aquisition wasn't quite planned!!! But I will tell my miss's that Cevu and Franky said I should upgrade!!! That should sway her!!

Art, don't forget about that mobile wheel guy that I mentioned a while ago. He did a really good job with my ones back then and I know he is fully geared up for all types of surfaces!!

Hey,

Thanks but the wheel has already been fixed as a freebie by Curran's in Auburn.

The 2" rule, does that mean that your can't fit wheels more than 2" bigger than what your car came with? If that's the case then theoritically you could go as big as 20" since the Sports version comes with 18" wheels.