Had my 45k service earlier this week and was offered by the dealer a half-price fuel system service (which bought it down to $60). Initally I was quite skeptical (the general practice amongst the Midas's and Ultratunes of this world is to chuck a bottle of Wynns Octane Booster etc. in the tank!), but I was assured it was a physical and chemical clean of the fuel system (fuel pump removed and cleaned, filter replaced, fuel lines and injectors flushed etc.). Lexus advise it every 30-40k for their "sports aspirated" engines such as the IS series. (It is not recommended until 100k for the RX, LX etc.)

I've had the 15 and 30k services, and not noticed any change in performance, but this time, I have noticed a considerable improvement, particularly in acceleration from 0-40kmh for example.

Has anyone also had this done, and noticed an improvement?

• 1 month later...

I had the 45K service recently and the lexus dealer didn't mention any about the fuel systerm service.

To gain about 4-5 HP, I recently installed a drop in air filter from K&N and I noticed a huge improvement in performance when it reach 4000rpm. A lot smoother and faster than the OEM air filter.

I haven't tried to measure the fuel usage because I usually fill up when it is half full plus petrol is not an issue for me cos the company pay for the petrol.

I usually fill up with the 98Octane.

I noticed that the K&N air filter has increase the performance and it gives a little bit of grunt when it reach 4000rpm.

I don't need to press hard on the accelaration pedal anymore. The car just want to go faster....

I am looking to get the JoeZ intake soon....