Personal Import Help

kieah

Hi

Sorry Im cheating a bit - we have a Toyota not a lexus...but I really need some help and I cant find anything, anywhere on the net - it mut be there but I just dont know how to find it. We are in the process of importing our Toyota Caldina from Japan, literally in the process! But the Vehicle Imports Administration has asked us for extra information. The only problem is I thought we'd already given this information.

So what I want to know is has someone done a personal import from Japan to Australia recently? If so could you please help? They asked for...

· Parking Permit

· Vin (Vehicle Identification Number) or Chassis Number

· Vehicle registration document

We gave them Shako shoumei -

A Chassis Number

and Jidousha kensa shou

Why are they asking for it again? Can anyone tell me the Japanese as my husband (Japanese) thinks these are right but obviously the VIA dissagrees.

Thanks in advance

Wendy

you should get someone to do it for you. look online for graham berry, they are located in tokyo and will do it all for you. you'll only need to do the aussie side of things.

i remember putting together a book to get approval.

• 6 months later...
you should get someone to do it for you. look online for graham berry, they are located in tokyo and will do it all for you. you'll only need to do the aussie side of things.

i remember putting together a book to get approval.

Its simple stuff. I have brought in quite a few. What dont you understand?

You need evidence of parking the vehicle. Unless you owned your house and had the mandated one carpark out the front of course.

The rest you have. Just translate to English.