Problems With Handsfree Mic & Side Mirrors

OK, so two separate problems, but I couldn't be buggered posting two topics.

I've had a lot of complaints from people that I break up a lot when I talk to them on my IS250's handsfree. Has anyone else had the same?

I'm also having a problem where my side mirrors don't always tilt down properly when I put the car in reverse (I know the mirror selector needs to be set to something other than the middle setting). Even worse, on the occasions it does happen, sometimes only the passenger mirror tilts a little bit - not all the way like it used to.

Once again, I'll put it in with my dealer to have these things looked at under warranty but, honestly, all these niggly little problems combined with various issues I've had with Blackburn Lexus, and I'm really starting to doubt my decision to buy the car.

I know it's the cheapest model in the range, but it shouldn't feel so obvious that it is...

Korvan

The side mirror thing is something that has been noted on this forum. We are waiting for some of us to report to the dealer before we know what the fix is.

The Phone breakup could be due to your phone. I've had 2 nokia phones and both have worked flawlessly, except in poor reception areas. The bluetooth connection has always been rock solid as has the reception to and from.

Yeah, I noticed the other thread regarding the side mirrors after I posted. I'v put my two bobs' worth in.

Has anyone else specifically, then, experienced issues using an iPhone with the IS250 handsfree? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's been a signal coverage issue (Optus + calling from the same location on my way home from work each day) but wanted to see if anyone else had the same problems that might've indicated a problem with the mic.

Yeah, I noticed the other thread regarding the side mirrors after I posted. I'v put my two bobs' worth in.

Has anyone else specifically, then, experienced issues using an iPhone with the IS250 handsfree? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's been a signal coverage issue (Optus + calling from the same location on my way home from work each day) but wanted to see if anyone else had the same problems that might've indicated a problem with the mic.

It's probably the iPhone. I got one when they first came out and the reception was really bad, it would also drop the bluetooth connection to the car for some reason. Eventually I went back to my trusty Blackberry and flogged the iPhone on eBay.

I've never had a problem with Blackberries and the IS250 handsfree and I've had had a Blackberry since I got my car.

It's probably the iPhone. I got one when they first came out and the reception was really bad, it would also drop the bluetooth connection to the car for some reason. Eventually I went back to my trusty Blackberry and flogged the iPhone on eBay.

I've never had a problem with Blackberries and the IS250 handsfree and I've had had a Blackberry since I got my car.

Hmmm - I'm not convinced. I also had the 1st gen iPhone before they released the 3g here and had the same issue. Likewise, both iPhones work equally well in my wife's RX350.

I guess there's nothing for it but to do some more testing and see if the results vary in different signal areas and with different phones.

my drivers side mirror was working on and off as well...i got mine fixed under warranty...20 minute job (they replaced some motor inside)

actual cause...i don't know, but i'm happy it was fixed without any fuss

Hmmm - I'm not convinced. I also had the 1st gen iPhone before they released the 3g here and had the same issue. Likewise, both iPhones work equally well in my wife's RX350.

I guess there's nothing for it but to do some more testing and see if the results vary in different signal areas and with different phones.

Just came back from a trip to Brisbane (from Sydney) in my 08 IS250. Am using an iPhone 3G on Optus & around 75% of my calls had issues with the folks I called having problems hearing me...once I switched the iPhone to speak via the iPhone itself rather than the car's mike all was well...maybe it's a proble with the car mike?

Have you checked your mic volume perhaps?

I would check the mic volume via the secret menu. I had the same problem with my Nokia and soon as I put the mic volume up, all was ok. See the forum front page to see how to get to the secret menu to change the settings :)