"check Vsc" Came On After Installing Isf Style Tail Light

hey everyone, I just finished installed the ISF Tail Light bought from Ebay Motor today ...it's cool :) BUT, the 'CHECK VSC' warning came on :(

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? And is it safe to drive the car with the 'CHECK VSC' on?

Thanks in advance :)

QQQ

I had this come on when I installed my HID kit. After letting the car run for a bit then turning off then back on, it was gone. Bit of a scare for a while, but I experienced no issues while driving. It is just a warning light; the cars system should recognise the new set up and adjust accordingly. If not, i'd get it checked out.

Are the lights genuine Lexus parts? Or are they the eBay LED ones?

Thanks Frank, I haven't got chance to drive the car yet...a bit scare it is :)

The Tail Light is after market one (Brand: Eagle Eyes). I might drive the car today see how it goes.

Hi Q,

First and foremost, welcome back mate!!! Good to see another old name return!!!

As for this problem, I do remember that either Natroth or Akuma had the same issue with theirs. Pretty sure it was natroth.

I remember back then suggesting my theory that the LED tail lights simply don't cause the same load as a conventional globe. My suggestion was to introduce a resistor in order to create one. I do remember a post confirming this theory but haven't been able to track it down as yet.

(Maybe Natroth or Akuma can help)!!

Researching else where, (as you do from time to time), I found on the BMW and M3 forums that those guys utilise the "eagle Eyes" aftermarkets as well.

Looks like this is a common thing/ problem but for some reason only screws with the ECU some of the time.

In one of he posts, a supplier got involved and suggested the same thing. Try installing a resistor. This was after the usual " Reset the ECU", "check the wiring" etc.

Q, I will keep researching and let you know as soon as I can come up with something more definative.

PS. No harm can occur with the resistor if you decide to try. Let me know if you want me to come up with some values to try.

I would probably try FrankyXs idea and do the reset first!!! That does seem to clear alot the quirky issues that guys have!!! ;)

The resisitor solution makes sense. When I had my soarer back in the day, I had to install a resistor when I put in some LED lights, because without it, I had a warning light on my dash come up saying that the light bulbs were blown. Basically you will need to measure the current before and after installation, and put in a resistor that will make the current level same as before the installation. Easy fix.

Danslex is exactly right. It is just that simple!

Just use this simple formula. (ohms law) Yeh yeh, I know.... Tell me that this doesn't bring back memories for some you!!!

R = E / I

Where ® is our desired resistor

(E) is the voltage that you will measure. We know this to be approximately 12-14v

And (I) is the current draw that you measure with the conventional lights on. ie. original tail light.

Or , with all this being said, just guess!!!

Later!! ;)

Danslex is exactly right. It is just that simple!

Just use this simple formula. (ohms law) Yeh yeh, I know.... Tell me that this doesn't bring back memories for some you!!!

R = E / I

Where ® is our desired resistor

(E) is the voltage that you will measure. We know this to be approximately 12-14v

And (I) is the current draw that you measure with the conventional lights on. ie. original tail light.

Or , with all this being said, just guess!!!

Later!! ;)

I drove the car for half an hour...turn it off...and ON....and.......DAMN....its still there :(

quick question, I found this on Ebay...is this THE ONE??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2x-12V-50W-LOAD-RES...93%3A1|294%3A50

Please please ProjectIS gimme a response.......hehehee if this is the ONE... I think I need 2 pairs then??

ProjectIS.....about my Xwheels.... WHAT HAPPENED??? so sad :(

So,.... I installed the original tail light back...and the 'Check VSC' warning is gone. So I'm 100% sure (I think ProjectIS agree with me), it need RESISTOR...Danslex said "Basically you will need to measure the current before and after installation, and put in a resistor that will make the current level same as before the installation. Easy fix."

Since I already UNINSTALLED the tail light, I decided to throw the tail light for sale here :) its BRAND NEW condition.

Bought it for $560 landed, now $400 ONLY :) special for this Forum :)

If you guys interested, please email me ichtus1972@gmail.com, u can pick it up @ Macquarie Park (near Epping/Macquarie Uni).

ProjectIS.......thanks bro!

I had the same problem, bought some "IS-F" lights from ilv1004s on here... turned out to be the Eagle Eyes (or similar) lights.

BEWARE!!.... if your ABS and traction lights are illuminated, then ALL your safety systems are totally disabled right now.

NO ABS (scary in the wet!), no stability or traction control (fun in the dry)

I fixed this problem by fitting resistors into the wiring before the lights (a mate did all the hard work).... from memory they were 27ohm 5 watt resistors from Jaycar Electronics.... (they look like a long ceramic rectangular block with a thick wire at each end).

Took a bit of trial and error to work out which two wires to connect the resistors to, in one configuration everything looked ok, but using the indicators made the brake lights go on, etc.

Hey Markz,

I haven't had the luck you have had. Can you send me the wiring diagram to show where you put the resistors please and/or a photo ??

You bought the same lights I did. QQQ gave up too easily !

I like the lights and still want to instal them.....

Natroth

• 5 weeks later...

Disconnect your battery whenever you do work to the electrics.

This happened the first time i fiddled with HID, but can happen with you remove the sensor on your air intake to change a globe, it will throw a code.