Custom Dash Pods

Hi All,

Looking at using (as a possible option) some dash space... came across one of the guys in ukloc..

Example

Anyone else seen any custom layouts, sellers, or know of anyone who has ready avaiable templates..

Pics / contact details will be appreciated.

thanks

hi exeter,

i have 3 60mm gauges to fit on. I know about the dash 3 gauge pod setup.. but just wanted to see what other options are out there..

i dont want the gauges setup anywhere near the passenger side either :blink:

fargo who customised the pod gauge in the above link.. the design is cool.. but i dont like the edfc shown out in the open the way it is. i would have preferred to have seen gauges only. ill get in touch with him in the next couple of days about it..

tdi

never scrolled far enough down this page to see that tdi has some.. looks rubbery.. prefer the fibreglass type so can paint over it..

lets see what tdiplc's response will be.. *fingers crossed*

personally i like the 2 gauge pod in the middle dash as this has space so the gauges are rotated towards the driver..

wait until u see the gauge pods my friend is sending over man... can you wait 2 weeks?? after all yours wont be finished for another 4 weeks right?? ;)

did u remove your stock stereo? if so.. what about a 1 din gauge tray?

4Rolln: Doesn't Trust make one specifically for the SXE10? I though they did anyway. Their ones retail for about 7800 yen, so thats about $110 or so? I think they're dual gauge pods.

My brother is in Japan atm, and I told him to get me one (along with HKS SSQV, and maybe a Trust Profec B!). I'll be fitting it in the next couple of weeks, so I'll tell you how it goes :)

On the note of gauges, I just bought an Apexi water temp gauge (along with otheres! :D), and I was wondering if you guys know where to get the adapters for them? Thats what it looks like in the Japanese manual anyway! Looks like it fits into the upper radiator hose, where you clamp it, and the sensor screws in?

Cheers,

Lawrence.

ok i dont think im gonna get a reply from that guy..

shane.. u want my a-pillar? i dont want to run the risk if i install it..

so back to the drawing board..

there must be a place somewhere the produces a 2 gauge pod ;)

isnt it illegal to have a-pillars?

personally i thought it was a height limit with the gauge pods.. but chee said its illegal all together

or is this different from vic to nsw?

let me know! if i can use em i will! sorry :P

yeh i was thinking of doing a custom trim to make it blend with the upholstery.. sweeeet!

I dont know exactly what the law is in Oz but in New Zealand I think they just let it slide unless it is dangerous or blocking the view but I heard about 2 years ago that they were going to be ilegal here but heard nothing since!

as you say if you got it custom trimmed to match your A-pillar you may be able to get around it if it looks to be all one piece!

I've ordered my greddy dual a-pillar! so should be installed in a few weeks!

I might get mine custom trimmed in the future depending on the cost and how it looks...........

Hayden