Finally got my car looked at for the engine rattle on startup and misbehaving auto dipping mirrors.

They have now ordered all the engine bits needed to correct the startup rattle, and have also ordered a new set of side mirrors to replace the current ones. Car is almost 2 years old and so I will get the work done along with it's second service.

They picked up my car, gave me a loaner, and were going to drop my car back but I was going passed so collected it instead. I didn't have to plead or beg, they just assessed the items and make the judgement themselves.

WooHoo. Very happy with Lexus service. :P

Finally got my car looked at for the engine rattle on startup and misbehaving auto dipping mirrors.

They have now ordered all the engine bits needed to correct the startup rattle, and have also ordered a new set of side mirrors to replace the current ones. Car is almost 2 years old and so I will get the work done along with it's second service.

They picked up my car, gave me a loaner, and were going to drop my car back but I was going passed so collected it instead. I didn't have to plead or beg, they just assessed the items and make the judgement themselves.

WooHoo. Very happy with Lexus service. :P

New mirrors? My dealer says they found nothing wrong with mine, even though they re-adjust at all sorts of angles.

I should go to your dealer...

New mirrors? My dealer says they found nothing wrong with mine, even though they re-adjust at all sorts of angles.

Feel free to whiz over to Adelaide for such wonderful service. :P

Feel free to whiz over to Adelaide for such wonderful service. :P

Having driven from Sydney to Adelaide in the past, I think I will learn to live with my wayward mirrors. But thanks for the invite..

• 3 weeks later...
It's strange, but my mirrors suddenly started behaving themselves again a few weeks back and have been fine ever since.

Funny, mine have been less bothersome recently. However I have already had it looked at and the parts are on order. I should hear soon. Mirrors and start up rattle will be fixed together with my 2nd service.