Yes got a letter this afternoon. Potential for slide pin on brake caliper corroding over time. Not a critical issue but can lead to uneven brake wear over time I understand, and restrict steering assistance in particular low-speed circumstances (I wont be losing any sleep over it - although will drop it in one day soon) - and of course this is only IF there is a problem. Not sure what build dates are affected but my IS has a 04/06 build date.

The dealers said something about powersteering issue as well, but my letter didnt mentioned this.

Could anyone please upload a copy of the letter?

I just moved, my letter might have been sent to the old address.

Just want to know if my car would fall into that range of models which require fixing. I always found the brake is bit loud...

Just ring your Lexus Dealer and tell them you moved and and didn't receive any letter about this recall.

Could anyone please upload a copy of the letter?

I just moved, my letter might have been sent to the old address.

Just want to know if my car would fall into that range of models which require fixing. I always found the brake is bit loud...

It doesn't say in the letter which vehicles are affected. It basically says your vehicle may be affected.

Best to ring your dealer and get them to check if your car falls within the date ranges in question.

yeah, i got the letter too, it say slide pin may corrode over time and something about a magnet on the steering shaft column adhesive not adhering over time (when its suppose to be a non-service part).

Said it'll take about 6 hours to rectify.... was suppose to book my car over some minor warranty thing...well, booked it for the entire day now to get the issue sorted :)

Lexus Australia has replied saying

Thank you for contacting Lexus Australia.

Please be advised that the recall is only for a specific batch of vehicles from 2005-2006.

If your vehicle is not manufactured from that time then the recall will not apply to you.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Sinclair Moore

Customer Service Assistant

Lexus Customer Assistance

Tel: 1800 023 009

Fax: 1800 684 775

• 1 month later...

Just ring your dealer and ask them to look it up for you. When I had my service done last week, the guy had a quick look at my car's history on their computer and said that I still had some recall work not done on my car (including the brake caliper job, my car's build date is 01/06). Got it sorted there and then. Best to ring them up to be 100% sure.

Just ring your dealer and ask them to look it up for you. When I had my service done last week, the guy had a quick look at my car's history on their computer and said that I still had some recall work not done on my car (including the brake caliper job, my car's build date is 01/06). Got it sorted there and then. Best to ring them up to be 100% sure.

May give them a call , even though Im not going to service it there...

My disc rotors are soon in need of machining, and the cars only done 29k! - would it be to do with the calipers?

yeah, i got the letter too, it say slide pin may corrode over time and something about a magnet on the steering shaft column adhesive not adhering over time (when its suppose to be a non-service part).

Said it'll take about 6 hours to rectify.... was suppose to book my car over some minor warranty thing...well, booked it for the entire day now to get the issue sorted :)

Khoala

I got mine done in July. My car is a Nov 2005 model Sports. I believe the letters did say something about being up to mid 2006.

Talking about steering, did you notice any difference?

Before I got this letter, I had complained to the local dealership about the feel of the front wheels when the car was on full lock and it felt like the wheels "flipped over". I also complained that everytime I ran along a rutt in the road it was "tram tracking".

Since the steering replacement, (and was told it was almost a whole new steering set up), it is driving fantastically. No "flipped over" feeling on full lock, and no "tram tracking".

So, I sort of feel vidicated in what I had been telling the buffheads for the last couple of years.

Anybody else had any similar driving feelings?

Rap03.