Hks Hi-power Silent (type S)

guys and girls

for quite a while now i been looking at getting an exhaust for my IS200. But i did not want a loud stupid intrusive droning exhaust but still wanted performance gain.

After much consideration and lots and lots of research i came accross HKS.

After four weeks my exuast finally arrived from hks japan and was installed today. This exhaust has exceeded my expectations.

Not only is it quite and non intusive but has a beautiful sound. On low revs it has this really nice crispy hum (not loud) WITH a noticeable power gain mid range revs it just takes off. and when revving hard it is no louder then the engine (same as stock) but with extra power!

From inside the car the sound of the exhaust can barely.. if any be heard. outside the car or windows down it has this sweat crispy hum that is completly non intrusive. i was worried that my lexus would turn into a noise box with droning cabin noise and rediculous intrusive sound but i know this is a big call but i believe its a better option then a stock exhaust its so non intrusive.

there are a few web pages out there but this one shows a fair bit. the hot dog type thing on the side of the muffler is the part that makes it quite BUT still allows air flow thus MORE POWER!!

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/muffler_deta...EN&MODE=ENU

hks20silent20power20IS200.jpg

guys and girls

for quite a while now i been looking at getting an exhaust for my IS200. But i did not want a loud stupid intrusive droning exhaust but still wanted performance gain.

After four weeks my exuast finally arrived from hks japan and was installed today. This exhaust has exceeded my expectations.

Not only is it quite and non intusive but has a beautiful sound. On low revs it has this really nice crispy hum (not loud) WITH a noticeable power gain mid range revs it just takes off. and when revving hard it is no louder then the engine (same as stock) but with extra power!

From inside the car the sound of the exhaust can barely.. if any be heard. outside the car or windows down it has this sweat crispy hum that is completly non intrusive. i was worried that my lexus would turn into a noise box with droning cabin noise and rediculous intrusive sound but i know this is a big call but i believe its a better option then a stock exhaust its so non intrusive.

there are a few web pages out there but this one shows a fair bit. the hot dog type thing on the side of the muffler is the part that makes it quite BUT still allows air flow thus MORE POWER!!

Hi LEX51S

Just wondering how much it cost in total for the part and the shipping to Aust? if thats not to rude.

I to want a nice exhaust but not a loud want-a-be one, your one sounds like it might be the one to use. And any chance of a pic of it on your car??

Enjoy your day

Sorry

dont worry about the pic's, they just poped up, my computer is sh*t house.

hey Jabba

The exhaust is pretty cheap its because it has to come from japan. the exhaust was something like ... betwen 500 and 600 dollars but with shipping and installation it came too 1200 bucks. but you described it perfectly its not "a wanna be" exhaust it is big but not loud.

it fits perfectly to the curve on the stock bumber for the tail pipe.

there is a few more pics here.

Image031-1.jpg

Image033-1.jpg

Image036.jpg

feel free to ask any questions because i know what its like being a "perfectionist" haha and exploring into the un known with little info.

guys and girls

It will get a bitl louder after 5000km. But still it is a great exhaust.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey i live in sydney and own a lexus is200, is it possible to buy this exhaust here? and is it worth it if the car is automatic

As far as I know, No you cant, you have to get it shipped. I bought mine from LEX51S 2nd-hand (the same one u see above in the photos).

In terms of power increases, the IS200 stock exhaust is already a wide-ish one (6cm diameter) all the way through from extractors to the catback. The hi power silent is a little bit wider. And its only a catback only at the end of the day (not a compelete exhaust), so the power increases are only minimal and only at high revs. It will make more difference if the extractors were changed also.

In terms of looks and sound, its brilliant, I love it. Its just a quiet deep hum. Gives the car a sporty look while maintaining the Lexus image ... (will in my imagination it does lol)

hey i live in sydney and own a lexus is200, is it possible to buy this exhaust here? and is it worth it if the car is automatic

As far as I know, No you cant, you have to get it shipped. I bought mine from LEX51S 2nd-hand (the same one u see above in the photos).

In terms of power increases, the IS200 stock exhaust is already a wide-ish one (6cm diameter) all the way through from extractors to the catback. The hi power silent is a little bit wider. And its only a catback only at the end of the day (not a compelete exhaust), so the power increases are only minimal and only at high revs. It will make more difference if the extractors were changed also.

In terms of looks and sound, its brilliant, I love it. Its just a quiet deep hum. Gives the car a sporty look while maintaining the Lexus image ... (will in my imagination it does lol)

tunehouse at marrickville is the sydney HKS importer.

they will also fit it for you.

tell them i sent them to you you may get a better price!!

they will get anything HKS for you.

--I was asking myself the same question. I too have an is200 ('99 luxery sport.) Nice car,yes, ridiculously slow, hell yes! Trying to figure out a cost efficient way of gains. Inevitably,I think the only real way for any noticeable gains with our is200 is induction (ie. supercharger) and full exhaust,(wider headers, new pipes, straight through to a new exhaust like this hks.) Put in some ngk iridium spark plugs, synthetic oil, k&n air filter....runs better i think.

Undoubtedly this exhaust will give better sound and 'performance' as a whole. I suppose my main hesitation is, do I want to spend 1,500 on a '99 is200 when the gains probably wont meet my expectations, and will i see the return when i a sell...

• 2 weeks later...

--I was asking myself the same question. I too have an is200 ('99 luxery sport.) Nice car,yes, ridiculously slow, hell yes! Trying to figure out a cost efficient way of gains. Inevitably,I think the only real way for any noticeable gains with our is200 is induction (ie. supercharger) and full exhaust,(wider headers, new pipes, straight through to a new exhaust like this hks.) Put in some ngk iridium spark plugs, synthetic oil, k&n air filter....runs better i think.

Undoubtedly this exhaust will give better sound and 'performance' as a whole. I suppose my main hesitation is, do I want to spend 1,500 on a '99 is200 when the gains probably wont meet my expectations, and will i see the return when i a sell...

Do a conversion!!! Haha

Bumble.