Hello Everyone.

I hope everyone is well.

This post is to tell everyone that there is a way to disable the telephone/bluetooth menu without installing an overide button switch.

The unfortunate thing is I wouldnt have a clue how I did it. All i remember is that one day i was pressing on the screen of the sat nav in the volume menu and possibly another menu. I was pressing in the corners of the screen randomly, diagonally first then up and down. No menu came up and in fact i thought nothing happened until the next day I was shocked to see that telephone/bluetooth menu was disabled while driving. All functions were available. The amazing thing is this function is now permantly disabled.

The idea came from the original posts on how to overide the gps while driving by pressing on the screen in the volume menu. My lexus is an 08 model and it is well known that this trick does not work 07 and later models. I have tried it many times and never worked just as everyone else experienced. But every now and then i think to myself "i wonder if i press on the screen in other combinations and in different menus". Well, thats exactly what i tried many times before on different occasions and nothing happened until few days ago.

I just wonder if there is a secret combination to also disable the gps permantly. I know i am going to try over and over again until i discover it :)

I'm a little confuse, what's the point of disable the telephone/bluetooth menu?

Hey Akuma,

Raoul hasn't disabled the bluetooth / telephone menu as such.He has disabled the protection that had been enabled so that you can now access it whilst you are driving.

(If that makes sense)!! In simple terms, he can now access that functionality whilst the car is in motion!!

What screen were you in at the time Raoul??

I'm a little confuse, what's the point of disable the telephone/bluetooth menu?

Hey Akuma,

Raoul hasn't disabled the bluetooth / telephone menu as such.He has disabled the protection that had been enabled so that you can now access it whilst you are driving.

(If that makes sense)!! In simple terms, he can now access that functionality whilst the car is in motion!!

What screen were you in at the time Raoul??

Hey ProjectIS,

I do remember using the volume menu but i think i also tried in another menu. The thing is i was pressing all over the screen, diagonally, up and down and even holding my finger in the in one position for at least 30 seconds ...i had absolutely no idea that the bluetooth protection will be disabled. The whole time while i am thinking a secret menu will pop up but nothing happened. Didn't even realise it till the next day. If i knew in what combination i was pressing on the screen i would be more be than happy to tell everyone but i cant remember :(

PS: i couldnt reply to pm the other day, limit 1 per day?, anyway installed intake and car sounds very nice now, i am happy.. :)

Has this also worked for the Nav or just the phone?

Hey,

Unfortunately just the phone. Dont you worry i will be trying all sorts of combinations and try to discover the gps override lol....i better record myself this time i think lol