Difference Between 08 Is 250 And 09 Is 250

Hi guys... was driving around yesterday and i spotted a nice shiny IS250 but with a different tail light design. Upon further inspection, I also noticed that the front seats has 2 colour tones. So apart from what i've noticed, does anybody here know what else is different between the 08 n 09 models??

- New front bar and grille

- New side mirrors with indicators

- New tail light design

I picked up mine 2 weeks ago. I prefer the new front to the old one.

In addition to the above.... changes you'd barely notice. Changes to the centre front air vents (a more flat, yet recessed appearance), VDIM on all model variants (as initially only available on Sports Luxury), some slight modifications to some of the buttons on the centre console (font, raised), 'credit card' style entry key for the SL variant and I reckon they may've even dropped the leather down a grade across the range. One of the most subtle model upgrades from any make I've ever heard of - I guess good for us who have the initial model (05-08)!

Any other modifications Ive missed peoples?

Haven't seen that credit card style key, but I would presume it would be a pain in the ass. Does that mean the proximity function is no longer there? You have to physically place the key onto something to open the door/start engine? If so, talk about going backwards!

Credit card key works just like the regular keys we all have, except SL owners can keep one in their wallet and not have to bring a fob around with them. It's powered by an ultra thin lithium battery, and is supplied in addition to the 2 fobs.

In addition to the above.... changes you'd barely notice. Changes to the centre front air vents (a more flat, yet recessed appearance), VDIM on all model variants (as initially only available on Sports Luxury), some slight modifications to some of the buttons on the centre console (font, raised), 'credit card' style entry key for the SL variant and I reckon they may've even dropped the leather down a grade across the range. One of the most subtle model upgrades from any make I've ever heard of - I guess good for us who have the initial model (05-08)!

Any other modifications Ive missed peoples?

Good to know about VDIM.

Confirmed on lexus site :rolleyes:

Ah... looks like i'm not missing out much. Although i must admit that the credit card key is very appealing! I'm pretty sure i can rock up to lexus, buy that key and have them programme it to operate my 08 SL. Hmmm... will keep u guys informed if it's possible.

Ah yes - domdom - that's right. They have made the paddle shift levers work without having to select 'Sports' mode, and I understand that they have modified the gearing ratios in the auto a little bit to assist in acceleration (as common perception is the 05-08 auto is geared a little too 'tall')

Ah yes - domdom - that's right. They have made the paddle shift levers work without having to select 'Sports' mode, and I understand that they have modified the gearing ratios in the auto a little bit to assist in acceleration (as common perception is the 05-08 auto is geared a little too 'tall')

I wonder if this paddle shift thing without engaging in 'S' mode can be adopted for pre'09 models. I see it as a good thing when downshifting to slow down etc I would love to have this feature in my '08 car.

Conceptually I would think it's an additional patch circuit rather than controlled by the ECU maybe.

The automatic is quite intuiative in the fact if its sensing braking being applied, but no noticeable drop in speed (ie. applying brakes on a steep decline), the auto will kick back a gear and sit in that lower gear until its realised that you are wanting to increase speed again. But you're right, its not quite the same and being able to 'flick down' to a lower gear on your own.