Hey all

I am considering changing the suspension setup on the IS250. And found these on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-S-Tech-Spring-...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-Comfort-Sport-...id=p3286.c0.m14

What do you think ???

all i want is to drop the height by one inch. and loose some of the body roll.

Cheers guys

Hey mate!

All depends on your budget! You got the cash, you can't beat coil overs! You have full control of your desired req's!

What are you currently riding on? Stockers?? You will get a massive improvement to what feels as body roll just with decent profile rubber imo!

The S-tech coils are pretty good for the price. You will find prior posts where I have favoured them. Just keep in mind that you will lose some of the Lexus ride.................but damn worth it if you ask me!

Mate, in short, if you only want an inch drop, I think the Coilovers are overkill. You are probably best sourcing some F-Sport coils from O/S as they will give you that "calm" drop.

Let us know what you decide! Try calling Fulcrum and see if a local store to you can match the price. Save on freight! ;)

Changing coils/dampers is a terrible way of removing body roll, and is not recommended (I have a mild racing background). If you wish to reduce body roll, you should really be looking at replacing the sway bars.

I'm with ProjectIS... just find a simple set of springs for the 1" drop and work on the body roll elsewhere.

Just noticed you are from Wollongong... what colour IS are you running around in?

It seems that 90% of the ones down here are black, and about five Graphite ones (me included) and the one white one I spotted today.

Don't want to come across as a wowser - but there will be ramifications to your Lexus warranty, and your insurance policy I would think as well. Best to make a couple of well placed phone calls before major modifications to your suspension - particularly as the performance of the suspension would indirectly impact upon traction control, ABS and stability control functions on the vehicle.

Don't want to come across as a wowser - but there will be ramifications to your Lexus warranty, and your insurance policy I would think as well. Best to make a couple of well placed phone calls before major modifications to your suspension - particularly as the performance of the suspension would indirectly impact upon traction control, ABS and stability control functions on the vehicle.

To put a positive spin back on things, i've got D2 coilovers on and it doesnt disrupt traction or stability control. ABS i'm not sure as haven't come across a situation requiring it yet.

For me the handling improvement is night and day, however you do loose that Lexus feel, so its a trade off that might be worth it to some!

My girlfriends not happy with it so don't be surprised if you see mine up for sale soon! :-(

• 2 months later...