Bizzarre Radio Interference/jamming Problem

Got a strange problem with what I'm guessing is some sort of radio interfence at my parents house. For some reason any car that is parked on the driveway and in the vincinity of their house and on the street, their key remotes don't work at all, so you can't lock unlock your car remotely. I've tried it on a Forrester, a Falcon, Aurion, and my IS250. I also have trouble starting the IS250. Strangely enough when I come within the proximity of my car, the remote acknowledges with a flash, however still can't lock/unlock/start the car in the usual manner. When I press the black lock button on the door handle, the remote flashes as well, but doesn't lock. All those cars' remotes work anywhere else, but near the house, so it's not a battery thing.

It's only been like that for the last week or two. I've switched off all power to the house, thinking there may be something emitting a signal, but it didn't improve the situation (perhaps it's the neighbours, who knows!)

I don't know of any ghosts in the area haha, there's gotta be some sort of logical explanation for that. Has anyone encountered something like that before? Know what it may be, how to fix it? Cheers!

I experienced this years ago with another car I had. It would be within a particular shopping centre and could never lock or unlock my car. I was told it had something to do with the mobile towers in the area interfering with radio/remote reception, but I don't know how legit that is.

There are a bunch of radio / mobile phone towers at the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart, with signs up warning that your remote keys won't work.

So - are you near a new mobile phone tower or anywhere near the big ABC transmitter in Wanneroo Road? Or have any of your neighbours recently put up a transmitter or similar?

Not aware of any new mobile towers... Might have to have a look around, it's only been like that for a week and a half. I think I will check with the neighbours first, they might have something transmitting perhaps.

It has to be either your close to a transmission tower either television, mobile tower or even a electrical power grid. I was told to put the key nearest to the car window instead of in your pocket to unlock the doors and keep trying.

That's the thing with radio waves - is interference and white noise.