Unlock Front Passenger Door From Inside

Hi...

The car automatically locks all doors when underway. Once we stop...

If the driver's door is opened from the inside, the door is unocked and opened with a single open action of the door handle.

The front passenger needs to unlock that door before opening the door. Is there a modification so that the passender door can unlock and open in the one action (like the driver's door)?

My old soarer used to have that feature too. Sometimes I played a joke with a new passenger who's never been inside the car before. Doors lock, they pull on the handle and it won't open, and in creepy voice I say "muhahaha, I'm gonna rape you now!!!" lol!

But yeah, don't know how you can modify it. I'm guessing if you buy a US driver's door handle off ebay, it will solve your problem. Or you can pull both driver's and passengers' apart and see what the difference is between them.

I suppose it could post as a safety issue hence they didn't adopt it on the passenger side.

At least the driver will know more that the car has fully stopped before getting out. A passenger may not realise and open the door and fall out - Worse if it was a child playing with the door handle.

the dealers can change the configuration. talk to a dealer. it is a five minute job...plug in, change settings, done

Thanks, I will ask. But, I think the front passenger door is a hardware issue not electronic.

Michael

the dealers can change the configuration. talk to a dealer. it is a five minute job...plug in, change settings, done

Thanks, I will ask. But, I think the front passenger door is a hardware issue not electronic.

Michael

That's what I thought...

As per my previous post - 30000km service - I had my service done today and I wanted to be able to open all doors when put into park.

I asked the dealer if it could be done and they said it was a simple 10 min job. All they had to do was plug in a computer and change the programming. It's got nothing to do with the hardware.

Bingo, it works and the missus loves it. Gotta be happy!

Well done! Thank you VERY much. My "missus" will also love it.

I'll call the Lexus dealer today and will ask for it be done. FYI, my wife has a chemotherapy regeme that causes her fingers to be constantly in pain so the task of opening her door is generally an irritant for her.

There are instructions on how to achieve this yourself in the owner's manual on Page 40.

Might be worth giving it a try before booking into a dealer.

Edt: Just tried it on my '09. Works perfectly. The doors now unlock when I put the car into Park. My annoyed passengers can now stop whinging about it :P

There are instructions on how to achieve this yourself in the owner's manual on Page 40.

Might be worth giving it a try before booking into a dealer.

Edt: Just tried it on my '09. Works perfectly. The doors now unlock when I put the car into Park. My annoyed passengers can now stop whinging about it :P

Hmm, might have to see if I can do this for my manual '250!

Was awkward explaining to a girl on a date the other night why the doors lock automagically!

Doesn't quite work the same on a manual transmission car since there is no Park, but you will still be able to program yours so all doors unlock when you open the driver's door. Close as you can get.