I am planning to wax my other car and thought I'd buy a car wax that would also work well with the RX 350 too. Does any one know or have a good brand of wax that they would recommend? I have never waxed a car before and would appreciate any advice. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning to wax my other car and thought I'd buy a car wax that would also work well with the RX 350 too. Does any one know or have a good brand of wax that they would recommend? I have never waxed a car before and would appreciate any advice. Cheers!

I recommend using Meguiar NXT Generation Tech Wax...excellent result on my 400H.

• 1 month later...

There are lots of good waxes and ultimately it will depend on how much you want to spend. Meguiars and Mothers are good mid-range products.

Dodo, Swissvax, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Zymol are all high end waxes.

Swissvax make a specific wax for Japanese Paints called Samurai @$129

Whichever product you decide to use, remember to WASH -> CLAY BAR -> WAX.

cheers...

If you want to get really serious:

Wash

Clay Bar

Correct Imperfections

Seal

Wax

I would suggest you stick with the Wash, Clay Bar and Wax initially.

• 3 weeks later...

There are lots of good waxes and ultimately it will depend on how much you want to spend. Meguiars and Mothers are good mid-range products.

Dodo, Swissvax, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Zymol are all high end waxes.

Swissvax make a specific wax for Japanese Paints called Samurai @$129

Indeed. There's a huge range of car care products on the market - most of the good stuff, not available by your mainstream channels.

Really depends on how much time and effort you want to put into detailing your car + your budget.

If you can only afford 1~2hours, approx 1~2 times a month - I'd recommend Meguiars/Mothers products. Your basic kit will probably set you back around $80~$100 all up, which includes a wool/microfibre mitt for washing, car shampoo, buckets, chamois (for drying), wax/polish, microfibre cloth (for buffing) and tyre cleaner.

Set procedure:

1. Wash car (with shampoo)

2. Dry car off with chamois

3. Apply Wax/Polish and buff off

If you're really looking to get into car care, then the sky's the limit.

As LexusAussie mentioned, there are definitely 'higher grade' products which in theory - give better results for your car. Only just getting into detailing myself, on average atm - it takes me approx 3~4 hours minimum to wash my car. Products alone cost me in the vicinity of $400.

Some might argue that it's a waste of money/time - it's all personal.

Reasons why I went for better products + more work into the car was because I'd purchased a new car (arguably, the biggest toy/fashion item you'll have so why not take care of it! ;)), not to mention the fact that I was sick of having to pay $70+ for a decent car wash (both inside + out).

$400 for car care products might seem really expensive, but when you factor in a full detail will cost you $100+, then it doesn't seem to bad.

But there's nothing like a long hard days work, and having your car sparkle!